Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: cheap protein!

cheap protein!

hey guys, i think i found an excellent and veryyyyy economic protein brand! check this out.. ideas?

http://www.nutrabio.com/Products/whey_protein33.htm

WOW! Bookmarked! Anyone got anymore info?

Wannabebig Member
    50 pound bags are only 170 or 180.

If quality means nothing to you and protein at a low price is your only goal, then you should just buy dried milk powder. Very inexpensive and a great source of protein.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

just keep in mind that it's unflavored powder. Not a bad idea for mixing in smoothies with fruit or something.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

i dont see why this is low quality... it's the same as any other... i am however, waiting to get the ingredients from them after i sent them an email. I will let you guys know what they are. if for w/e reason they don't tell me...we can skip this.

saint patrick, yea..perfect! i use my whey for pre and post shake that i mix with kool-aid..

Are you lactose intolerant Frank?

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

no im not, why

Thanks for the link, Frank. I'm considering getting a bag myself.

577 servings, that should last me about 5-6 months.

Hell, if I get the 50lb bag, it'll last me about a year.
    Last edited by Saint Patrick; 02-20-2004 at 10:02 PM.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by chris mason
    If quality means nothing to you and protein at a low price is your only goal, then you should just buy dried milk powder. Very inexpensive and a great source of protein.
    Doesn't dried milk powder also have carbs? Same ratio as skim milk is it not? About 9 grams protein to 13 grams carbs. This is a pears to apples comparission. And even so, can it top 150grams per dollar?

From what I read on their site their protein is the same quality as many large name brands, which for me is plenty quality enough. I'm simply curious to where you were led to believe it's poor quality. I may have missed something...?
    However, the one thing I do question is the validity of this site. I've never heard of it before and nobody has ever brought it up before. Plus it just sounds too good to be true; and everyone knows what that old saying...

Quote Originally Posted by chris mason
    I'm sorry for the dumb question, but is that the same as evaporated milk?

WOW, this is pimo! i also doubt it is of significant inferior quality.

No international orders!!!!! Does anyone know of a way i could get this sent overseas?

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth
    Doesn't dried milk powder also have carbs? Same ratio as skim milk is it not? About 9 grams protein to 13 grams carbs. This is a pears to apples comparission. And even so, can it top 150grams per dollar?

From what I read on their site their protein is the same quality as many large name brands, which for me is plenty quality enough. I'm simply curious to where you were led to believe it's poor quality. I may have missed something...?
    However, the one thing I do question is the validity of this site. I've never heard of it before and nobody has ever brought it up before. Plus it just sounds too good to be true; and everyone knows what that old saying...
    It is pears to apples comparison I think.

For a better comparison, maybe look at milk protein isolate. You don't have any of the carbohdyrates and can use it however you want. You could even use some powdered milk and some isolate to make a high protein milk.

No way you are going to beat 150 grams/dollar though.

I think when I made my last bulk order of milk isolate, I payed something like 1.40 or so per 100 grams protein including shipping. The key being to get it in bulk. So in my neck of the woods that is a little more expensive than tuna at .33 a can or 100grams protein/dollar, but way less expensive than bulk chicken breast. A good compromise if you ask me.

Don't forget about soy isolates too. Plant proteins can usually be obtained cheaper.

do not purchase from them YET, i am in the process of finding out more information (ingredients, perhaps a sample, etc.). I do not trust a company that does not have an ingredients list, even if its "protein". I will keep you guys updated! So far, so good...

I asked if you were lactose intolerant because milk is a great source of protein. Again, as I already stated, if price is your only concern, and it certainly seems to be, then just get some powdered milk. Yes, it contains carbs, but so what? If you want to get big and strong and don't want to pay a lot then milk powdered milk with some liquid milk and you have a high quality, dirt cheap protein drink.

You have to understand that someone selling a protein powder really cheaply is not doing it to be benevolent. They are still going to make a profit. If the product is a whole lot cheaper than everyone else, then it only stands to reason that the product must be much cheaper to produce. Why? Well, quality must be a component.

That was also my point.

Looks legit to me. PowerPro is owned by Land O'Lakes Inc. Land O'Lakes is a HUGE dairy company, and they probably have more whey than they know what to do with. Makes sense to sell it so cheap...

may be a good buy but for a family man like myself I have to very frugal on what I spend my my cash on so I wander if most are like me and have to buy the smaller containers just on cost you know 20 or 30 bucks instead of 100 a pop
    Chris would baby formula be a good protein source . lol
    what do have that compares and fellas should we support this site if we use it all the time

i should get an ingredients list this monday... but meanwhile, i found this;

http://www.dealtime.com/xMR-Nutrabio...nc.~MRD-300164

the lil engine that could chops's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Behemoth
    i bought glutamine from them thru yahoo shopping and received it fast and packaged well. they have a high satisfaction rating on yahoo. they also do e commerce from their own private website. i thought maybe it was a questionable company too but i checked their certification at square trade and it is valid. also checked better biz bureau www.bbb.com and they are in good standing.

as for the glutamine, i wouldn't know how to compare the quality since this is the first time ive tried taking it. its too chalky to me so i only took it a few times.

So did anyone order from here?

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    Makes sense to sell it so cheap...
    But it makes MORE sense to sell it market standard rates and make tons more profit. Thats what Mason is getting at, thats why the product is likely substandard.
    Last edited by Budiak; 02-22-2004 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Budiak
    But it makes MORE sense to sell it market standard rates and make tons more profit. Thats what Mason is getting at, thats why the product is likely substandard.
    Yeah, but if they were to sell it the same price as everyone else who would pay $300 for a bag of protein? Not many people can shovel out that much at once for protein; most people would choose the path of buying it for $40 per when they need it if the price was the same. And if they have no other purpose for it and it's just a useless byproduct to them, then any money they get for it is a profit.

nice. good link.