The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Wannabebig New Member

Help my poor college diet

Hey guys,
    I'm trying to get cut, so I've decided that my diet was where I should attack the most. I am a freshman in college so the dining hall is my only option, or fast food. Well can you help give me a rough diet plan. I'm 5'11 150 and have been working out heavily for about 5 months. I've put on some major weight, 25+ pounds plus and I can see that in my muscle size, back, etc. I'm prob not over 15% bf. I eat whatever I see has the most carbs, and protien since I was super skinny when I came here. Now i feel i'm at a weight that I like, but hope to gain about 15 more pounds. But I want to get cut, so i should actually look at my diet.
    So this is my meal plan everyday

Morning: No breakfast time so powerbar in class

Lunch:Bowl of pasta and meat, tomatoes, and spices in marinara sauce,
    I also normally have 2 glass of 2% milk

Snack:6 inch sub, turkey, tomato, and lettuce

Dinner: Massed potatoes, steak sandwich, pretty much whatever they have on the buffet line.

Snack: 12am uncle ben's frozen dinner(i think this should def be cut out)

I think i need to incoporate more greens in my diet. My dining hall has pasta, salad bar, sub station, pizza, buffet line, fruits, burgers, milk everyday.
    Any help would be awesome Thanks.

Also do you think I should start some cardio, I don't really want to lose weight, but bodyfat if that is possible.
    Is it possible to get cut, without losing weight by still lifiting or is that how you get more definition.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

260(-62) from 193 from 275
    start eating breakfast and post again

If you're 5'11 and 150, you're still on the skinny side. Congrats on the weight gain, but I'd attempt to keep gaining and try to reach a but higher. You obviously have a fast metabolism, so cutting should be a snap for you. Just do some searches here and you'll run across a ton of advice.
    Last edited by galileo; 02-21-2004 at 06:10 PM.

Wannabebig Member
    I know all too well what typical college diets are like in a dining hall. I would literally float in blubber on the diet you posted.

As an ecto I realize this is very different for you. If you really want to cut, I would just clean it up a little and reduce calories by consuming slightly fewer carbohydrates. Keep track of your weightloss and report back when you hit a stall or start experiencing other problems.

Some easy things to do. Drop the bun off the steak sandwich. Avoid the pasta line a good part of the time.

Get in line behind the sorority girls at the salad bar. Strike up a conversation and pretend to show interest in eating healthy. Can't think of much else now.