The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Calorie Counting 101

I really hate to do this because I know I'm going to get people yelling at me to use the search but I swear I did and I really couldn't find what I'm looking for

I've never counted calories before and I don't really know how. The reason I never did was because I used to be very very skinny so I just ate like a horse. Don't get me wrong, I ate clean... well, with the exception of booze from when I was younger. I've never been very big on junk food, even as a kid (thanks to my mom). I always went by the theory that your body would tell you what it needed so I just ate what I craved which was almost never sugar (maybe like once every like 1-3 weeks I'd have some cake or something but our body does need sugar right?).

Sorry for going in to such detail (I just wanted you guys to know that I wasn't the type who stays home and eats potato chips all day) but anyway long story short today I took a picture of myself with a digital camera and my face is... well fat . I've seen this coming for a while... my stomach, although you can see some abs, hasn't had a six pack in a while.

I tried to read up. I know that we need 1-1.5 grams of protien a day and that we need 1ounce of water for every pound that we weigh but thats pretty much all I know and that leaves a lot in the dark. I know what carbs are and protein and stuff and for the most part what they do. I just don't know how much of them I need. I tried using that website fit-day but that really doesn't tell you what you should be eatting... it just keeps track of what you've eaten.

Anyway, if anyone can help me just tell me how much carbs and fat and whatever I'd really apreciate it. I guess this will be considered my first ever 'cut cycle'.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Give this a read and see if it helps. If you still have questions, feel free.

http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=19
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

Wannabebig Member
    VERY basic guidelines:

Set calories at 12xbodyweight in lbs.
    Set protein at 1-1.5g/lb
    Set carbs at 1g/lb
    Fats will make up the balance

Consume the majority of your carbs at breakfast and before/after training. If you don't train on a given day, cut back on carbs/calories a bit.

If you find yourself to be "carb sensetive", do a google search on:

Cyclical Ketogenic Diet or CKD
    Lyle McDonald
    BodyOpus