I really hate to do this because I know I'm going to get people yelling at me to use the search but I swear I did and I really couldn't find what I'm looking for

I've never counted calories before and I don't really know how. The reason I never did was because I used to be very very skinny so I just ate like a horse. Don't get me wrong, I ate clean... well, with the exception of booze from when I was younger. I've never been very big on junk food, even as a kid (thanks to my mom). I always went by the theory that your body would tell you what it needed so I just ate what I craved which was almost never sugar (maybe like once every like 1-3 weeks I'd have some cake or something but our body does need sugar right?).

Sorry for going in to such detail (I just wanted you guys to know that I wasn't the type who stays home and eats potato chips all day) but anyway long story short today I took a picture of myself with a digital camera and my face is... well fat . I've seen this coming for a while... my stomach, although you can see some abs, hasn't had a six pack in a while.

I tried to read up. I know that we need 1-1.5 grams of protien a day and that we need 1ounce of water for every pound that we weigh but thats pretty much all I know and that leaves a lot in the dark. I know what carbs are and protein and stuff and for the most part what they do. I just don't know how much of them I need. I tried using that website fit-day but that really doesn't tell you what you should be eatting... it just keeps track of what you've eaten.

Anyway, if anyone can help me just tell me how much carbs and fat and whatever I'd really apreciate it. I guess this will be considered my first ever 'cut cycle'.