The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

At Large Protein Powder How To Cycle

First you will want to know how far out from a meet you are so you can write up a chart of how much protein to take up to the event or if you have a goal of how much lean body weight to gain by a certain date .For example lets say me phil harrington dec 2003 month protein was at 192 grams of protein a day. 2 scoops of at large protein 48 grams ,and 2 cups of low fat milk 16 grams which is 64 grams of protein a shake. x 3 shakes is 192 a day. jan 2004 month protein was at 320 grams of protein a day.2 scoops of at large protein 48 grams ,and 2 cups of low fat milk 16 grams which is 64 grams of protein a shake but this time x 5 shakes is 320 a day now you are taking some protein in large amounts also you have to know that my body weight is only at 190 to 195 and will be lifting at the aronld classic at 181 bw alot of protein not counting food that i eat either. feb 2004 month protein will be at 448 grams of protein a day. same amount of scoops and milk as above but this time x 7 shakes a day is 448 a day not counting food again. as you can see each month i added 2 shakes to the plain on paper so by body can adjust to that much protein in 1 day never start out with to much in one day and keep each shake at around 64 grams so you want be wasting protein and the key to drinking more shakes in a day is only 2 cups of milk so you want be so full. i hope this helps if some one needs a detail plain i can be reached on this web site let me know. phil harrington 181 wpo powerlifter.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Phil, I was wondering how difficult it is for you to diet down from 190-195 to compete in the 181 class. Do you lose much strength, if any? How far out do you start dieting and do you change your training routine? My weight is similar to yours, so I'm curious what to expect when I prepare for the 181.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

You have to keep in mind that guys at his level don't actually weigh 181 when the are lifting. They will dehydrate to make weight and then bounce back up 10+ lbs for the actual meet. Now, I am not suggesting anyone do this as it can be dangerous, but it is common practice in both bodybuilders and powerlifters who are competing in the weight classes with a top-end limit.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Anyone in a sport divided into weight classes does the same, so I expected it. Powerlifting, boxing, wrestling, etc. I'm curious about the best way to make the class and then bounce back. Is it just a matter of dehydration, or do you need to lose fat too? How long does it take to lose and then come back? All those good things.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

Gotcha, Phil probably won't get back to a computer for a couple of days.

I can tell you he is very lean, so for him there is not much fat to lose pre-competition.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

dec = 192 g/day ~1g per lb of bw
    jan = 320 g/day ~1.7g per lb of bw
    feb = 448 g/day ~2.4g per lb of bw
    I got that much...but when is the meet? March? June? August?

how much fat/carbs/protein totals for daily intake levels?
    why use milk as opposed to a slightly higher dose of protein + water?
    what is the need to go so high in protein?

as the protein goes up does the carb/fat levels go down? to maintain a certain calorie count?
    Last edited by geoffgarcia; 02-04-2004 at 12:33 PM.

So going by how many protein shakes you drink per day do you not eat meat or anything else with protein?
    5'6"
    160lbs
    480x1 deadlift
    315x5 squat (atf)
    260x1 bench

"He's used to doing the jerk first, then the clean." -Xian

"Eat more? I am already consuming more than 2500 cals a day." -Danpiel

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    He's competing the first week of March.

I think Ron Palmer weighs at least as much as Phil regularly and competes as low as 165!!! Now that is crazy!

Also, WPO has 48 hour weigh-ins.
    Last edited by Chris Rodgers; 02-04-2004 at 03:30 PM.
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 535 SQ 300 BE 570 DL.....1400 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    545 SQ 305 BE 585 DL

I presume, and I could be wrong on this, that the closer he gets to a contest the more supplemental protein he would consume as a portion of his total intake due to the fact it is essentially fat free. Maximum nutrition with minimum calories.

What he listed there is EXACTLY what he is doing to prepare for the Arnold.

bone crusher
    phil, i'll come watch you compete @ the arnold!

Wannabebig Member

The Doc At The Arnold

Quote Originally Posted by the doc
    phil, i'll come watch you compete @ the arnold!
    WELL DOC MAKE SURE YOU COME SAY HELLO SO I WILL KNOW WHO YOU ARE SEE YOU AT THE ARNOLD MARCH 5 .PHILHARRINGTON 181,S
    Last edited by Phil Harrington; 02-23-2004 at 12:51 PM.