The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

How To Get Veins?

Hi my arms grow about an inch every 2 months and i still havent managed to get the vien to stand out on my bicep my forearms do but i want the viens in my bicep to show to make it stand out plus i think it looks smart how do i go about getting it to show?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Good question. I'd also be interested in hearing the answer to this. Is that vien just genetical or does it just take extremely low bodyfat to see? I rarely see people with that vein, but I have seen it, so very curious.

Just one last rep!
    Good question. But..More importantly...

I think the real question here is who the **** can get their arms to grow 1 inch of muscle every 2 months? I guess the 6000 calorie plan might get you there but that's not muscle for sure. That's probably why you can't see any veins.

I've had bulking time when I added strength and size but some of that's fat on there too and therefore the muscle size doesn't really make much difference. The vein is pretty much attached right on top of the muscle.

No offense intended.

Which came first, the chicken or the egg? I really don't give a **** I'm gonna eat em both!
    Height: 69" Weight: 205 BF% about 15
    Chest: 47 Biceps: 16.5
    Waist: 34 Thigh: 26
    Calves: 16.5 Neck: 16.25
    Wrist: 7 Ankle: 8.5
    Main Supplements are: Various proteins (200-250g/day) Aminos, Glutamine, Creatine, Vitamins. Best way to put on muscle? Lift as heavy as possible. Consume lots of protein and carbs around workout. Biggest weakness is hamstring and lower back. Working on DL.

Journal in progress

well my arms are 15 and a half inches at the end of october they were 14 and a half and i aint fat for the record i ment half an inch every 2 months my bad

Quote Originally Posted by LuvDaPump
    I think the real question here is who the **** can get their arms to grow 1 inch of muscle every 2 months? I guess the 6000 calorie plan might get you there but that's not muscle for sure. That's probably why you can't see any veins.
    Newbies could. You'd have to put on ten pounds of mass (which is about an inch on your arms according to calc) in two months, which is possible, especially in newbies. It wouldn't probably be pure lean mass of course, but possible.

That said, lower bodyfat and/or genetics will make veins pop out. Low enough bodyfat and it will happen regardless of genetics, but how low you need to go is dependable on that genetic part. I know people with a lot lower bf then me that get nothing, while mine will show with a decent bf.

That said, how does that look "smart"?
    LaLa

Quote Originally Posted by Nights
    Newbies could. You'd have to put on ten pounds of mass (which is about an inch on your arms according to calc) in two months, which is possible, especially in newbies. It wouldn't probably be pure lean mass of course, but possible.

That said, lower bodyfat and/or genetics will make veins pop out. Low enough bodyfat and it will happen regardless of genetics, but how low you need to go is dependable on that genetic part. I know people with a lot lower bf then me that get nothing, while mine will show with a decent bf.

That said, how does that look "smart"?
    well i think my arms look ot plain

I wannabebig!
    yes once again this depends on the person... but I think it will show on everyone regardless once they hit a certain bodyfat percentage

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    the apperance of veins is dependannt on two things,

one being low body fat percenatge..

but prob the biggest is genetics.

i have two friends that both have very low bf% but dont have the appreance of veins, while another on of my friends has a low bf% and has crazy veins. so its mainly genetics, as with most things in bodybuilding
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

Drink more water. The more water you drink the more vascular you become. I am sure it also has to do with body fat and genetics. When I was around 8-10% body fat, you could see the vein on my right arm all super pumped. The one on my left arm though was off center and not as pumped.

I am anxiously waiting for my old friend to show up again. I see it every so often when I get a good pump, but even then, it is not all pumped and crazy curvy like a water hose.
    Last edited by harryhoudini66; 02-28-2004 at 04:36 PM.

Not sure how true this is, but i remember reading somewhere that the more you put stress on your body athletic/fitness-wise, the bigger your veins become to accomodate the need for more oxygen to the muscles. oh.. and genetics like everyone said.. i've always been pretty cut and have had huge veins and since i started bulking and put on some fat.. probably up to 12-13% bf now, i still have monster veins especially after a workout. is there such thing as thin skin? or.. thinner that everyone else's skin :P

Must.. Eat.. More..
    I get pretty "veiny" I think alot of it is genetics, I also drink alot of water.
    This seems like the cool thing to do...

READ MY JOURNAL: CLCIK HERE FOR TITS.. i mean my journal..
    my pics

I really don't get people's obsession with seeing veins. If you have low bodyfat great, veins mean absolutely nothing regarding your training. We all have em, some see em at higher bodyfat levels than others, but what difference does it really make?
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

LP, some of us are a wee bit vain and are into the look.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

I'm with elpietro. Seriously, whats it matter? Try taking that stuff BB'ers use before competition to become dehydrated, if yoru talking about the veins you see in magazines. You think they have those ALL the time? No way. Yeah, some people might have the "veiny" look naturally. Also, how does that look smart? Thats got me wondering too.
    "Color outside the lines"

I like how they look. It is a cosmetic thing for me.

I generally see it most, on the skinniest rail-thin punks who've never been to the gym in their life.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

lot of anger P. Leave the skinny and fattys alone. We need average people.

Wannabebig Member
    I'm quite veiny, mostly forearms, biceps and across the chest, usually only see them during or after a workout.

I'm not sure my bf % but know i'm pretty lean, not skinny but not fat.

Didn't really notice my veins till i started weight lifting.

Quote Originally Posted by ElPietro
    I generally see it most, on the skinniest rail-thin punks who've never been to the gym in their life.
    lol Clearly why I don't have any veins. I have a good amount of bodyfat and I've been to the gym at least twice as LP can attest.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo