The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Salmon

Salmon

I thought of posting this on Diet or Recipes, but I think I can get more answers here.

Yesterday, while buying groceries with my wife, we got a 3 pieces of salmon. Any suggestions on how to prepare it?

Thanks in advance
    Edgar V.

So you don't wanna get big, do you?

----------------------------------------

"If your arm measurement is currently 13 inches, you are worrying about the wrong things. Quit comparing to others, quit worrying about little details, get your ass in the gym, work as hard as you can, then go eat something. Repeat until huge." - Paul Stagg

"There is no miracle "look good" diet/pill other than determination and commitment" - geoffgarcia

"Freaking lift to get bigger, or stronger, or better at your damn sport, and quit worrying about weather or not your arm is 16 inches or 16.2 inches." - Paul Stagg

"If you want to look like Brad Pitt go run a marathon or something." - Severed Ties

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

There's tons of ways to prepare it, but Ilike plain ona skillet of on the grill, with a side of rice.
    "The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." -Steve Prefontaine

Motivate a fatty here.

with long grain and wild rice, though bakes or broiled.
    If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace...
    Thomas Paine

If you're in a fair fight, your tactics SUCK!

Here is a bundle of recipes for salmon

http://www.cooking.com/recipes/resea...rom=BrowseLink
    BMF member

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery,no one but ourselves can free our minds." - Bob Marley

What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

That looks pretty tasty, HomeYield. Thank you, guys, for your responses.
    Edgar V.

"If your arm measurement is currently 13 inches, you are worrying about the wrong things. Quit comparing to others, quit worrying about little details, get your ass in the gym, work as hard as you can, then go eat something. Repeat until huge." - Paul Stagg

"There is no miracle "look good" diet/pill other than determination and commitment" - geoffgarcia

"Freaking lift to get bigger, or stronger, or better at your damn sport, and quit worrying about weather or not your arm is 16 inches or 16.2 inches." - Paul Stagg

"If you want to look like Brad Pitt go run a marathon or something." - Severed Ties

I been baking it at 425 for around 25-30 minutes. How are salmon prices by you? Here its the cheapest fish, Cods actually more expensive. 2.99/lb (looked in freezer) which seems good, especially when it solid "meat".

Trying to figure this out JohnCollins's Avatar
    Easiest in the world -- toss the fish in a plastic bag with Italian salad dressing (any brand will do) and refrigerate for a few hours. Then grill it. Mmmmmm.

If you don't have Italian dressing handy, but you have a few lemons, squeeze a couple of lemons and add a 1/4 cup of olive oil and a crushed garlic clove and some pepper grinds. Same thing, plastic bag, then grill.

This is making me hungry.
    "Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe." --Albert Einstein

Had a good workout on my liver yesterday. Did a pretty high number of reps, but not to complete failure. Liver DOMS today is kinda bad...it has even reached my head! -- ElPietro

"If I ever found a chick who smelled like gun powder and spent cartridges, I'd run to a jewelry store, rob it, and propose to her with a sack of diamonds. " --Budiak

"I dance like a drunken white boy. I'm really screwed since I quit drinking." -- PowerManDL

Salmon =
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

Originally posted by Berserker
    I been baking it at 425 for around 25-30 minutes.
    Try putting on a layer of honey mustard dressing on top. Mmmmmmmmmmm.....

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

..or bake it with butter and lemon pepper. Not that good for you, but tastes great.
    Philosophy is to the real world as masturbation is to sex - Karl Marx

I have the easiest recipe for salmon: just crust it with a Greek spice called Cavender's (the best tasting spice for all your meats, a bit high in Calcium though) and put it on a skillet for 10-12 minutes. Serve with it a salad and some brown rice or a baked potato. if the salmon you bought is fresh, there wil be no fishy smell and the meat will taste rich and delicate. Yummy!
    Never betray me again....

the stone cold stunner Ironman8's Avatar
    I like my Salmon with alot of lemon juice
    You kill me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize....

Ya I always put thin lemmon slices ontop of it so that the flavor and cook in.. Oh wow very good!!
    Old Journal

" I'd give up a pinky or a toe or something I don't need those"
    -PwrMajt:

"Remember, as long as you don't kick them in the head or use a weapon, it's only a misdemeanor." -JustinASU

I nominate this thread for the Tim Nissen Award! -El P

make little salmon cubes and add them into an omelette for breakfast
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.

Wannabebig Member
    Not sure how "diet friendly" this is...but it's one I really like.

Brush salmon fillet all over with olive oil.
    Sprinkle on flesh side: kosher salt, granulated garlic, ground white pepper.

Prepare BBQ (charcoal): Soak alder chip in water for approx 30 min. Drain. Bank glowing coals on one side of bbq. Place drip pans on other side. Just before setting the grill on top, toss drained alder chips on the coals. Put down the grill. Over the coals & chips, place a pan 3/4 full of water. Over the drip pans, lay out the salmon fillets. Cover with lid (position the vent over the salmon). Trim vents down (about in half). Check after 10 or 15 min. Once salmon is opaque and firm to the touch, remove from grill. ENJOY!!

I like to serve this with brown rice and broccoli. If serving wine, try a Pinot Noir.

Wannabebig Member
    Try it w/ horseradish sauce. I grill it w/ hs on top or grill by itself and add after

Wannabebig Member
    mix some miso, rice wine vinegar and mirin togother, spread on top of salmon and bake for about 8 minutes at 400
    Teenidol1

"You can say whatever you want. But you would still be wrong, of course." -Henry Rollins

Hell is other people- Jean-Paul Sartre

Wannabebig Member
    However you prepare it - GRILL GRILL GRILL!!! you'll add an excellant flavor if you grill with charcole vs. baking or grilling on propane. Also try "Sea Salts" Yumm...

I can't wait to move close to a place with sashimi grade fish. Then, my only preparation will be dipping it in soy sauce.

salmon is good with a sprinkle of lemon pepper, a few drops of lemon juice, baked. although slamon is my fav, i eat a lot of tilapia. it only takes 10 min in oven and it's perfect. quick and easy.

Wow, I didn't even remember about this thread. Lots of good info

For simplicity sake, I usually brush it with lemon, sprinkle some black pepper and garlic salt and throw it on a pan with a little bit of olive oil. I gotta try it baked, sounds great.
    Edgar V.

A little mayo and a little dill and right on the grill.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:520 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

Quote Originally Posted by drew
    A little mayo and a little dill and right on the grill.
    and frank's hot sauce.