The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig New Member

Newbie with some weight gain questions!

Hey everyone, I'm about 6'2-6'3 and 159 lbs give or take. I'm trying to put on some more weight and muscle so I can be a little thicker. I'm not looking to get HUGE but a good size, with some tone and definition. Now i've looked over the forums and found some really good ideas and good foods to eat. So here's is what i assume to be the best option, and tell me if i should change anything!

Breakfast
    Oatmeal + Glass of milk
    (Also this is the best time for me to do my workout at the gym schedule-wise, so after the workout i usually come home and take a GNC whey protein shake with 2 scoops?)

Lunch
    Can of Tuna, some instant potatoes, maybe a chicken sandwich, maybe some veggies or rice, and a glass of Milk or water.

Dinner
    Lucky me i work at a nice seafood restaraunt, and i get 50% off all food, so i can order many times of fish and/or filet for a very nice price. Comes with starch and salad. But if i dont always go this route every night, i'll do maybe some more tuna, potatoes, rice, maybe some ground beef. + Glass of water or Milk

Right Before Bed
    GNC whey Protein shake with milk (3-4 scoops?), and maybe a can of tuna.

Snacks
    Mixed nuts
    tuna
    apples
    carrots
    Peanut Butter
    protein Bar

**Also i am taking GNC Mega Mens Muiltivitamin**
    THe hardest thing for me is to have the appetite to eat. I have no problem eating 1 meal a day and feeling fine, so my biggest issue will be getting hungry enough to eat all that above, so that's why i am taking the multivitamin. Supposively it will help increase my appetite. NOw i'm not sure what kind of weight i am looking for, maybe 175-180? WHat's a good weight for 6'3? I'm hoping to achieve it by July or so.. Is this reasonable? ANy suggestions or changes in the above diet would be great! And sorry for the newbie questions. Thanks!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

About the only way you'll really know how to gain weight is to track your calories. Some how log what you eat and the calories. www.fitday.com is a good way to start. Its free to sign up and you can easily figure out how many calories you are eating. Weight yourself every week around the same time and the same conditions. If you aren't gaining around a pound a week then increase the amount of calories you are eating by 300-500. Its tough to eat the needed calories sometimes but you just have to make it a job, just like working out.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Go Nets
    What seafood restaraunt?

Wannabebig New Member
    It's called "The Bonefish Grill". It's much nicer than Red Lobster or some place like that. They've got about 12 different type of fish and a few other "animal" dishes. SO i figure i can get a good amount of food from there with not much $$.

Go Nets
    Quote Originally Posted by enisei
    It's called "The Bonefish Grill". It's much nicer than Red Lobster or some place like that. They've got about 12 different type of fish and a few other "animal" dishes. SO i figure i can get a good amount of food from there with not much $$.
    Awesome. I used to work at Papadeaux (dunno how far their chain extends).
    Just watch out for all those fried seafood trays

I think 170 would be a good short term goal for ya man
    6'0 - 176lb
    ~14% bf

Quote Originally Posted by body
    - women eat cream cakes when you are not looking and have chocolate in hiding places. There are no journal articles to refernce this fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinstarke
    I found that while my friends were good at drawing or skating i was good at moving heavy objects.