Thread: Please help me answer some questions I have.

Please help me answer some questions I have.

As I'm very busy I don't have the time to stop in here very often anymore, however when I do I see something that bothers me. Three years ago when Hulk started this board, I presumed he started it with the intention of providing a board where people could get help with problems, questions and issues they had regarding all aspects of bodybuilding and fitness. Now, whenever I come here, I see people who ask questions but most of the replies turn into some sort of joke, smart ass remark or generally just something idiotic in nature. For example, below this thread a girl posted a question in regards to protein powder her bf was using. She wanted some help because she had NO understanding WHATSOEVER and a although a few offered it, most made jokes and stupid remarks as to who she should date..etc. Then someone closed the thread simply b/c they thought it was a rIdiculous (spelled with I not E) topic. Hmmm... I see TONS of rIdiculous topics (in my estimation) in general chat all the time but I don't go reporting them as needing to be whacked or closed completely. I believe I'm entitled to my opinion when I say that I fully believe that the mod who did this was wrong to close the thread.
    I don't think Hulk intended for threads to be closed for the purpose of NOT liking a topic or people filling threads with generally idiotic responses to increase your number of posts. Lets remember people this board is here for all of us to help others who NEED and WANT our GENUINE advice and help b/c they dont' know as much or want to learn more. Thats it....When it starts coming down to the things I see goin on, I don't like it and I'm sure several others will agree with me. Some of you you say that I'm bitching..etc.. well, gotta be honest, I don't give a $hit..someone needed to say this. Just my 2cc's is all. Peace

Spidey

"Success is never behind you, it is always, always in front of you."

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman
    As I'm very busy I don't have the time to stop in here very often anymore, however when I do I see something that bothers me. Three years ago when Hulk started this board, I presumed he started it with the intention of providing a board where people could get help with problems, questions and issues they had regarding all aspects of bodybuilding and fitness. Now, whenever I come here, I see people who ask questions but most of the replies turn into some sort of joke, smart ass remark or generally just something idiotic in nature. For example, below this thread a girl posted a question in regards to protein powder her bf was using. She wanted some help because she had NO understanding WHATSOEVER and a although a few offered it, most made jokes and stupid remarks as to who she should date..etc. Then someone closed the thread simply b/c they thought it was a rIdiculous (spelled with I not E) topic. Hmmm... I see TONS of rIdiculous topics (in my estimation) in general chat all the time but I don't go reporting them as needing to be whacked or closed completely. I believe I'm entitled to my opinion when I say that I fully believe that the mod who did this was wrong to close the thread.
    I don't think Hulk intended for threads to be closed for the purpose of NOT liking a topic or people filling threads with generally idiotic responses to increase your number of posts. Lets remember people this board is here for all of us to help others who NEED and WANT our GENUINE advice and help b/c they dont' know as much or want to learn more. Thats it....When it starts coming down to the things I see goin on, I don't like it and I'm sure several others will agree with me. Some of you you say that I'm bitching..etc.. well, gotta be honest, I don't give a $hit..someone needed to say this. Just my 2cc's is all. Peace

Spidey
    Very well put, people come for advice and help not to be RIDICULED, by others. This is starting to become into BB.com
    Last edited by zwarrior99; 02-29-2004 at 11:02 AM.
    Cutting Cycle 02/04'

So change the direction of the site.

YOU ever post a snide comment? Are YOU posting to help other people?

The mods often have to do things *we* would rather not, because it's the most efficient thing to do, not that it's the most effective.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Stagg
    So change the direction of the site.

YOU ever post a snide comment? Are YOU posting to help other people?

The mods often have to do things *we* would rather not, because it's the most efficient thing to do, not that it's the most effective.
    Yeah, I have posted a snide comment..I'll be the first to admit that. However, it hasn't been towards anyone else except for TonyTouch in a VERY long ass time. TT is like a brother to me anyways...As for me helping other people, yeah, I do as much as I can, but as I stated I'm very busy. (see post above.) It was a good attempt to turn this into a "bash Spidey" thread...but its not happenin.

Effective and efficient don't really seem to have anything at all to do with closing a thread b/c a mod doesn't like it.
    Last edited by Spiderman; 02-29-2004 at 05:02 PM.

"Success is never behind you, it is always, always in front of you."

bone crusher
    spidey, relax. I closed it because the question was well answered, and many of the replies were rediculous. I edited my post to reflect this.
    I can only speak to this instance with regard to moderation, but next time why dont you PM the mod instead of trying to make some kind of public spectacle out of it. It was obvious that i closed it and you could have just PMed me.

Spidey contrary to your belief moderators do not close things because they simply do not like things.

Doc has explained his reasons. Yes its a bit frustrating when people make idiotic comments and ruin threads, and we are actually taking a harder line on people like this, especially within the bodybuilding forums.

Often people throw in a wise crack not realising

1. Its just unhelpful

2. It encourages others to do the same and no one gets helped.

So, no one closes topics because they simply do not like them and we are going to take a slightly harder line on people who seem to be making smart alec comments a lot.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal