Thread: How many carbs should we eat when cutting and which carbs are bad?

Hybrid View

How many carbs should we eat when cutting and which carbs are bad?

Aight I'm sure this has been asked before...but about how many g of carb should a 180lb male with 20% bf eat a day? Also which carbs are bad to eat...my understanding is white bread, rice, sugar, pasta. Am I missing anything? I'm shooting for 200 g a carb a day at the moment.

Grasshoppa
    Depends on the type of diet you're doing. Do you want to do a ketogenic approach and eliminate most, if not all, carbs for a majority of the week? Do you want to pursue a balanced meal approach? There is no set amount, it depends on how you want to structure your diet. I, personally, like the 40% protein, 30% carbs, 30% fat macro breakdown.

During a cut, you'd probably want to avoid high GI carbs such as the ones you've listed: white bread, sugar...brown rice and steamed rice aren't too bad. Whole wheat pasta is pretty good as well.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

The Chicken Mr'ga
    when cutting its important to stick to natural carb (unprocessed) sourced, like vegetables, they have less carbs per 100g of food than most processed carbs (pasta, bread), they're also full of vitamins