Thread: Moving to Philly in the summer

Moving to Philly in the summer

Hey all I'm from Atlanta, GA and attend school in Auburn, AL. But this summer I will be living in Philadelphia, PA with my girlfriend. Actually just outside of Philly in Aldan. If anyone is familiar with the area and could point me to a good gym to workout at or even wants a workout partner then let me know!

bump since ill be in philly next year.

ugh....whatever you do, stay away from southstreet area. Nasty nasty nasty nasty place. Be glad you're not living directly in the city. Philly really is a nasty place
    Last edited by Stabber; 03-02-2004 at 12:02 PM.
    Something has been taken from deep inside of me
    The secret I’ve kept locked away no one can ever see
    Wounds so deep they never show they never go away
    Like moving pictures in my head for years and years they’ve played

im guessing southstreet area is a dangerous place? ill be living a tiny suburb like 10 mins from downtown so i think ill be ok

i need a workout partner

cool, where do you live kimpy?

Dont become a Philly sports fan or youll be forced to boo santa clause, cheer opponents injuries, and piss in the sink at the stadium..... and your team will never make it to the Superbowl
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

I'm in King of Prussia if you guys are ever over this way give me a shout

I'm a dickhead lacrosse player...I already cheer opponents injuries

Quote Originally Posted by Khar
    I'm a dickhead lacrosse player...I already cheer opponents injuries
    Youll fit right in... dickhead
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

I will NEVER boo santa clause though...I love him

Wannabebig New Member

Philly gyms and etc.

If you're in the town I think you're in, you're more than 10 minutes from Downtown. I think there is a Bally's in Darby or something like that. Downtown there are a lot of gyms, like any city. I use Rittenhouse Square fitness center in center city (www.ritfit.com) , its small but has verything I need.

One note of caution, 12th street gym downtown is in the "gayborhood", so only join if you are comfortable with that environment.

Oh, and South street ain't that bad everywhere, its where a few bars are and a lot of shopping. You just have to be prepared for it. Besides, everyone heads to the Jersey shore during summer anyways.

Thanks for the info dog.

Quote Originally Posted by whatupdog
    "gayborhood"
    Its a beautiful day in the gayborhood, a beautiful day for a gaybor, would you be mine? Could you be mine? Ill be walkin around just sportin wood, lookin around for a gaybor... would you be mine? Could you be mine?... Lets make the most of this beautiful day, since we're together we might as well say, would you be mine, could you be mine, wont you be my gaybor!
    Last edited by Y2A; 03-23-2004 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2A
    Its a beautiful day in the gayborhood, a beautiful day for a gaybor, would you be mine? Could you be mine? Ill be walkin around just sportin wood, lookin around for a gaybor... would you be mine? Could you be mine?... Lets make the most of this beautiful day, since we're together we might as well say, would you be mine, could you be mine, wont you be my gaybor!

Uhh..Sure.

thats hilarious.. but im still scared
    6'0 - 176lb
    ~14% bf

Quote Originally Posted by body
    - women eat cream cakes when you are not looking and have chocolate in hiding places. There are no journal articles to refernce this fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinstarke
    I found that while my friends were good at drawing or skating i was good at moving heavy objects.

they took down this real big stadium there a while ago and built a parking lot.

Its becoming almost cliche for things people love to be turned into parking lots

That stadium was bad. I would never want to play on that field. Yeah there is some history in it but thats true with everything.
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

The last bit of history is Ronde Barber picking off McNabb to take the Bucs to the Superbowl, MUAHAHAHAHAHA. Forever the last memorable play at the Vet. That stadium was a hell hole and considering the same PEOPLE will be going to the Linc, it wont be long till that stadium has rats and smells like piss also.

Haha. I think of the old Foxborough stadium and remember the trough you had to piss in. When you went to a winter game it made me think of an ice luge (sp?). Gillete stadium is much better. I havent seen a game in there yet but I did see Metallice, Limp, LP, and others last summer. Nice place.
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

Quote Originally Posted by ericg
    Haha. I think of the old Foxborough stadium and remember the trough you had to piss in. When you went to a winter game it made me think of an ice luge (sp?). Gillete stadium is much better. I havent seen a game in there yet but I did see Metallice, Limp, LP, and others last summer. Nice place.
    I went to foxborough a couple times, I heard Gilette was really nice but I havent been at all, since I dont live up there anymore. Pro Player down here is pretty nice, but the away team always has just as many fans as the home team lol.

The last bit of history is Ronde Barber picking off McNabb to take the Bucs to the Superbowl, MUAHAHAHAHAHA. Forever the last memorable play at the Vet. That stadium was a hell hole and considering the same PEOPLE will be going to the Linc, it wont be long till that stadium has rats and smells like piss also.
    oh you so funny, jerk
    if its that bad, dont waste a post about it

Neollagnailati
    Hey Kevin, what're you going to be doing in philly this summer? I got a job in atlanta, so it'll be another awesome summer of east cobb. rock on.

Joe, if all goes well I will be living most of the summer in Philly with my girlfriend. But if for some reason it doesn't work out I will be back in cobb doing the same ol **** I was doing last summer Either way I'll be in cobb the first few weeks of the summer.