Thread: drop deadlift????

GONNA GET BIG

drop deadlift????

hello
    i am 5'11' 120 pds, been lifting for about 1 year. i was wondering if it would kill my gains if i took deadlift out? or should i just man up and do them like everything else thanks for all replys

IMHO, removing them won't kill all your gains. It depends on your goals. If it's to be a powerlifter on the three big lifts, you might want to rethink, otherwise a break could be good. Removing them, might allow you focus on other exercises for awhile before you go back to them again. I've stopped before for a few months, however I always found my best back progress occurs when I did heavy deads.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    I usually dont have deads in a bodybuilding routine. Just make sure you dont neglect your erectors.

GONNA GET BIG
    thanks

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    man up malone and do the deads.

you wont lose anything by not doing them but you wont gain as much as you possibly can, just man up, grab the straps if you need and pound out those few sets of deads and keep growing..
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

Quote Originally Posted by bigmalone
    hello
    i am 5'11' 120 pds, been lifting for about 1 year. i was wondering if it would kill my gains if i took deadlift out? or should i just man up and do them like everything else thanks for all replys

What I don't understand is why you'd want to stop doing them.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

:withstupi

"Squats make the ghetto booty"-Me
    "No matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max"-bIgHwN86
    "Reach for some self discipline."-Holto

Quote Originally Posted by bigmalone
    hello
    What are your goals Bro? I should think a guy your size woould be itchin to put on some mass. Deads will definately help in that dept. IMO deads are one of the top mass building exersices.

GONNA GET BIG
    alrite i got the point lol

by the way that was a typo
    imm 5'11' 220.

thanks for all the replys.