Thread: How low is too low?

How low is too low?

When squatting , how low is too low? I can get my butt to within inches of the floor while mantaining proper form, is this too low? Am I risking an injury?

Just me, but I've never seen the point of going past where your thigh is no longer parrallel to the floor. Could be wrong on this though.

Some peoplem do ass to the floor squats, but as you move up in weight i think most people find it hard to keep good form that way. Just go parallel and concentrate on each rep. (IMHO)

If you can keep your form that low, by all means stick with it. You'll get fuller development in your legs, hips, lower back.

ATF or ATG, means your ass is more involed. Want big strong glutes? ATF will give ya squatters ass.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

do a search on google.
    there are a zillion articles on this, each one recommends going ATF...this topic was up about a week ago and I posted a few interesting articles on it....do a search

Quote Originally Posted by Max-Mex
    ATF or ATG, means your ass is more involed. Want big strong glutes? ATF will give ya squatters ass.
    I don't want squatters ass, mine is big enough as is.

Since you can maintain proper form stick with the ATF squats. Your probably the only guy in the gym that does em, and that's gotta count for something.
    Diet is key, the calorie is king

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
    --Abraham Lincoln

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
    alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)
    30th U.S. President

"If you want to look abnormal you have to eat abnormal,lol."--ST

girls like a nice ass

Actually, it's at the school weight room, but yeah, I'm one of the few (maybe 6 kids (encluding me) and the teachers that work out) that does squats right. But, Im the only one that does them so low.

I know girls like nice asses, but mine is just big, some tone would be nice, and doing ATF squats with heavy weight won't, IMO, give me a tight booty.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebread
    and doing ATF squats with heavy weight won't, IMO, give me a tight booty.
    sorry but that's BS. One, ATF will make your glutes larger (with proper diet) and push out against the skin. Second, once you get them big enough, you cut and viola! tight ass.

Tight booty = big enough glutes with very little BF.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

Yup, girls love a tight squatters butt....

Anyways, go all the way down. Yes, glutes gets more involved, but like someone else already stated, so does everything. Besides, atf is fun when you do them beside a quarter squarter. Make sure you pause at the bottom and smile.
    LaLa

Quote Originally Posted by Max-Mex
    sorry but that's BS. One, ATF will make your glutes larger (with proper diet) and push out against the skin. Second, once you get them big enough, you cut and viola! tight ass.

Tight booty = big enough glutes with very little BF.
    Aright, thing is, my butt is already pretty large, If I were to cut now, I would probably come out with a nice, tight butt. I guess I'll continue doing ATF squats and see what happens.