Thread: Nightmare's Journal

On My Way...

Nightmare's Journal

Current weight at 154 lbs, height at 5 ft 8 if I'm not wrong. I'm bulking but I'm also kinda keen to get that cut look. So I'll most likely continue bulking for another 2-3 weeks (started 2 months ago) and see what happens.

Yesterday (Friday) was my delt/arms workout, and my biceps are especially feeling the sore now. Did...

Warm Up and Stretching
    Dumbell Presses: 10, 8, 6
    Bent Overal Lateral raise: 2 x 6
    Upright Rows: 2 x 8
    Shrugs: 2 x 10

Close Grip BP: 3 x 8
    Pressdown: 2 x 8

Incline Curl: 3 x 8
    Barbell Curl: 2 x 8

Also work on Abs and forearms, with Cable Crunches being most fun (yummy).

For diet, it's pretty good. I'm intending to buy some fatty oils (or whatever is that), but than I change my mind and rely my daily fat intake on whole foods instead.

Monday is my chest and back, can't wait for that.

That's it for now.
    Hey there

On My Way...
    Chest and Back today.

Did 4 sets of flat bench within 6-8 reps. Next was incline presses at 3 sets, followed by flat Flyes. Took that handle from a seated row equipment and performed pull ups with palms facing each other. Besides that, I also did 3 sets of wide grip chins and pulldowns. The former to failure and the latter at 8-10 reps. Not much Ab work, just some simple crunches and raises.

Diet is cool today. Gotta love that post workout chicken sandwich. Sometimes I find myself too quiet in the gym. Maybe I should go be more sociable and make my workouts less boring, lol.
    Hey there

On My Way...
    No workout today. Gotta wait till tommorow. Diet sucks. Got a stomach upset during school and didn't eat anything from 7 am to 2pm. In the end manage to squeeze in 5 meals nonetheless.

Meal 1- 3 boil eggs, milk
    Meal 2- Fish Burger, chicken wing, milk
    Meal 3- Chicken Thigh Burger, Soya Bean
    Meal 4- Pizza with cheese
    Meal 5- Protein Shake with milk

Drank lots of water though
    Hey there

On My Way...
    Squat, Deadlift, leg press, curls, and hyper extensions today. No calf work since my calves are sore after running in school 2 days ago.

Eat eat eat eat...

I'm really bored of bulking now. Damn maybe I'll start Cutting the week after next.

Kind anticipating the soreness in my legs tommorow.
    Hey there

On My Way...
    Did Shoulders and Arms.

For Shoulder Dumbbell Presses (4 sets), I managed to squueze in 6 strict reps but required help from a kind gentleman to force in the last 2 reps (making it 8 overall). After this I proceed with side lateral raises which was fine, UNTIL I started bending down and noticed my right delts feeling some sorta pulling pain. Must be a cramp, but I continue my bend over raises anyway.

Next was close grips BP, followed by heavy pressdowns. Met my friend and we started chatting, and I gave him some help. Noticed that the gym was rather qiet, which is something I like. Never liked crowded gyms, esp. when you're about to finish a muscle but realise the needed machine is taken. Once tris are done, I'm ready for biceps. Forgot to warm up (damn), but it's still cool.

Kinda annoyed by my biceps at something though. When dealing with weights 70% of my max, both arms are able to perform 10 reps for a dumbbell preacer curl. But once I switch to a 90% max dumbbell, my right arm can preacher curl 8 reps, but my left can only do 1 and than it's weak like hell. Damn it wat's up with that. Also did some slow hammer and concentration curls.

Cable Crunches and leg raises too.

Till then.
    Hey there

Mystic Eric
    keep up the good work

On My Way...
    Bought Myoplex today. 40 Servings! 42 grams protein and 20-25 grams carbs each. Looks good...

Now I am kinda broke though

Legs are still sore, which is good. I hate my loose hamstrings though. But patience is a virtue...

Diet looking good for today thus far.
    Hey there

On My Way...
    Eating a chocolate fudge sundae now. Yum..... I better enjoy eating as much as possible or else I'll start crying when cutting.

Oh yeah, gonna try my first ever Myoplex shake later.
    Hey there

you need more patience my brother.

only cut if you think you got enough muscle underneath to look good.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

On My Way...
    Yeah Chicken I agree. I realise that my chest and back will look sweet once the cut is there, too bad I have wimpy arms which totally suck. Now I'm eating alot hopefully they can get bigger. Ditto for legs.
    Hey there

On My Way...
    I really wonder how should I continue consuming that Myoplex. It's not even a drink, more like some thick cream. Damn it...
    Hey there

Mystic Eric
    forget myoplex. it's way to expensive. just have Nlarge, and a multivitamin

On My Way...
    It is indeed expensive *sob* *sob* Luckily I bought that under a promotion (2 for price of 1)

Getting back to today's Chest and Back workout.

Of course I stretch and warm up doing push ups and light cable cross overs. Started off with 4 sets of Incline DB Presses, followed by 4 sets of flat DB press. Boy my left hand is alot weaker therefore sorta a burden and depriving the other side from delivering full potential. Oh well, guess I gotta wait and let it get equally strong eventually. After that was 3 Sets of Wide Dips with bodyweight. Did all to falure, and what a whoopass burn n the pecs that was. Ended Chest workout with slow pushups.

It's really exhausting to train Back right after Chest, esp. if the latter is done with tremendous intensity. Obviously my tireness was shown as I only have the energy to do 8-9 Chins overall (3 Sets). Next was reverse grip pulldowns, and I tried hanging there as a form of grip work. Did one arm rows to finish ff Back workout.

Last but not least, decline leg raises and crunches.

Diet is decent. Ate LOTS of chicken though. Maybe I'll switch to beef or turkey tommorow. And BTW, the Myoplex is fine now, I just have to blend it with water and every thing turns out cool.

Till then.
    Hey there

Originally posted by Nightmare
    It's really exhausting to train Back right after Chest, esp. if the latter is done with tremendous intensity.
    Your body might be telling you something here. In my opinion you should train your back first. It's a bigger muscle group than the chest and should be given more attention than the chest.

Maybe you should try training them on different days? (Chest is one of the bigger muscle groups as well, but Back is bigger. LOL.)

Just some advice that might help you out and maybe make you have better workouts. I know when I train chest I use up a lot of energy, just as I do with back. And doing them no separate days would allow me to focus more on each muscle group.

On My Way...
    Thanks for the advice MA. I have been sticking with this Chest/Back routine for about 2 months now (ever since my bulking season started) and it's pretty good thus far, better than my Push/Pull/Leg routine in the past. Guess some ppl just get adapted to different types of routines, lol.

Suffered from nasty flu yesterday and ain't recovered yet. Yesterday's diet was pathetic as expected since I can't eat much. Feeling better this morning and have a filling breakfast. BTW, sick=no school. YES!!!

Leg workout tommorow.
    Hey there

On My Way...
    Leg workout today, and my legs are now like jelly. Gosh I feel so weak. Hopefully my legs won't be THAT sore tommorow, cause I'll be meeting my old friend and we'll most likely be doing lots of walking, lol.

Did 4 Sets of Squats using lighter weights, with 3 sets of 15-10 and a heavier set of 10. What proceeded next was SLDL, 3 sets of 10. After that I'm killing myself with 2 sets of heavy leg presses (12-15 reps), 4 sets of calf raises, and 3 sets of leg curls. Lastly, some hyper extensions to polish off everything.

BTW, I'll be Cutting from next week onwards. However, I'll take a week off next week, doing no weights, except for lots of running, high intensity cardio, and most likely some pull ups and pushups. Once I'm done with next week, the week after next will be officially Cutting including weights, together with my new routine.

Decent diet today.

Meal 1- Milk and egg whites
    Meal 2- Chicken Breast, beans, mash potato
    Meal 3- Grilled Turkey Burger
    Meal 4- Myoplex Shake
    Meal 5- Chicken Steak, brocolli, steam potato
    Meal 6- Fish and chips

Till then.
    Hey there

On My Way...
    My one week rest is done. Back to lifting. Go!

Weighed myself today, at 162. I changed my mind in Cutting, I'm gonna continue bulking for another period of time. Meaning more food to eat However, can't do much boxing, which sucks.

Back and Traps day today. First of all I started with 3 time chins, each held for around 20-30 seconds. Shoulders almost split during the last set. Not sure why, but felt awful when doing normal Chins today, as I stopped just during the 6 rep (normally can do about 12). In the end, I stop my Chins and did Pull downs instead, which was solid.

So in a nutshell, this is what I did today.

Time Chins: 3 sets of 20-30 seconds each
    Wide Grip Chins: 1 set of 6 reps (bahz)
    Wide Grip Lat Pull Downs: 12, 10, 8
    Seated Machine Rows: 10, 2 x 8
    Close Grip Pull Ups: 1 set of 6 reps
    One Arm Rows: 12, 2 x 10 (for my last 2 sets, I only did perfect form for 8 reps. The final 2 reps each kinda suck)
    Shrugs: 4 x 12
    Decline Crunches: 2 x 20

Gosh my Chins/Pull Ups are really crap today. I just don't understand what's wrong. Gotta get back to typical 10-12 reps next week.

Diet is decent, not too healthy, but still OK ...

Meal 1- Milk, 2 bread toast with peanut butter
    Meal 2- Chicken (big serving) with rice
    Meal 3- Snickers bar with milk (yummy)
    Meal 4- Myoplex, pasta with chicken
    Meal 5- Apple, Chicken and Potato Sald (surprisingly awesome!)
    Meal 6- 2 Fish Burgers

Chest and Triceps tommorow.
    Hey there