Thread: how can i slow metabolism

Tdoggeuph

how can i slow metabolism

ok.. so im 21, 5'8'' 135 lbs..

i looking to gain around 20 lbs
    but the food i eat i.e: wendy's Triple cheeseburger biggie sized... seems to do nothing because i seem to have the metabolism of an elephant.

what kinds of foods or supplements can i take to slow down the metabolism?

Wannabebig Member
    about a month and a half ago I was exactly like you minus 1 lb. start up on a bulking diet with healthy foods. high protein/calories. i've already put on 10lbs in less than two months, and it's all lean mass, or so i think. you have to couple it with working out though. just eat often. email me if you want to know about my diet/workout routine.

You don't want to slow down your metabolism, you want to eat more food.

Do you have any clue how many calories you're eating?
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

Good metabolism is a blessing, you'll be happy you have it when you're 50 and 90% of the people your age have guts 3 feet long and you're still lean.

keep a food diary NOW

fill it in everyday
    Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal.These things are for lesser men.Protect the weak against the evil strong.And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil."

live by the code

CelestialSounds Production DJAngelicon's Avatar
    Hey, you should be fine if you eat right, rest and workout hard. For example I have a high metabolism. At the age of 21th I got out of boxing at a weight of 147lbs. Started a 5 to 6 month Program and I was eating breakfast,lunch, dinner alot and in between meals I was having Tuna fish snaks & Protein Shakes. Also add some WeightGainer cause I needed to keep my Calories Intake up. I got from 147lb to 175lbs with 9% of body fat in just 5 month.

So, having a metabolism is a blessing and you should be happy with that. Just work with it and you will get the results you are looking for.
    "No one can doit for you but your self"
    "The mind is a very powerful tool... USE IT!"

26yrs | 6"1 | 155lbs | b/f 9.5 % |
    Starting Hardcore Training Feb 23th 2004
    ***GOAL***
    175lbs | holding b/f below 11% by July 04

Having a fast metabolism means you eat three of those tripple cheese burgers, on top of everything else you normally eat in a day
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

Pain is my Friend
    Lucky bastard

Yes he is. Wait till you get older and your metabolism slows to the point that just looking at a cheese burger means storing fat.
    Last edited by rookiebldr; 02-22-2004 at 10:50 AM.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

simply moving less means you will burn less calories. I suggest upping your cals rather then trying to slow your metabolism.
    Life isn't like Burger King, you can't always have it your way.

Why would you want to?

Try eating healthy food in mass quantities.
    I don't care how fast your metabolism is, triple cheese burgers are NOT good for you.
    You may as well eat lard out of a bucket.
    Try eating healthy proteins and complex carbs, lots of fresh vegetables and about a gallon of water a day.
    Then, suppliment with flax seed oil for even more calories and all the other benefits it gives you.

I don't buy the "fast metabolism" argument. At 6'3 and 145ish under a year and a half ago my excuse was always that my metabolism was too fast. Then I started pumping around 5,000 calories and my weight shot up.

Eat a ton of food and don't stop eating all day long. Take something like milk that you can just keep having every 30 minutes and keep shoving it down your throat. The best thing you can do is stop making any excuses for yourself and start pumping in the food and doing a mass building routine. Try to eat relatively healthy foods.

Jeffrey F. Weidley
    My room mate/training partner is the same way with burning off everything he eats. We are opposite but I keep telling him eat eat eat. He is always like "but i do eat" and then i say "well i dont see a chicken wing in your hand". But i was wondering how could you consume 5000 calories a day on a tight budget, any ideas?
    Last edited by ccjfw; 02-22-2004 at 12:46 PM.
    Thanks,

Jeff F. W.

Always accept the challenges so you may feel the exhilaration of victory - general u.s. grant

Intelligence, physical and mental power are the key to everything. - arnold schwarzenegger

Quote Originally Posted by Bizatch
    I don't buy the "fast metabolism" argument. At 6'3 and 145ish under a year and a half ago my excuse was always that my metabolism was too fast. Then I started pumping around 5,000 calories and my weight shot up.

Eat a ton of food and don't stop eating all day long. Take something like milk that you can just keep having every 30 minutes and keep shoving it down your throat. The best thing you can do is stop making any excuses for yourself and start pumping in the food and doing a mass building routine. Try to eat relatively healthy foods.

you slow it down by being catabolic. Anyways you wouldn't want to do that, just listen to the guys here. Eat 5-6 healthy meals/day if you want to bulk up.

What about eating Peanut Butter before meals? Would that slow down his metabolism?

No, however it is a good way to eat calorie dense food.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

I sweat too much..
    Don'tmove and you''ll burn less cals?

-Heres a tip, every time you wax the monkey you burn fifty cals.
    The Yin and the Yang.
    - Eat until you puke, then eat some more...
    -----------------------
    5'10
    185 lbs.
    Bench: Working on it...12-13%bf

* Looking for 190 by May...

i have this problem too.

if you will search, i made a simlar thread, here

since then i have focused on always carrying around a bag of almonds or peanuts, and whenever i am in my room, i drink a lot of milk.

Grasshoppa
    Quote Originally Posted by CiteCollegiale
    What about eating Peanut Butter before meals? Would that slow down his metabolism?
    What's special about peanut butter that will slow down his metabolism? May slow digestion due to the fat content, but not metabolism.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonl
    Good metabolism is a blessing, you'll be happy you have it when you're 50 and 90% of the people your age have guts 3 feet long and you're still lean.
    Often it slows with age.

I read a report a few months back that the less food you eat the longer you live.
    Apparently they did studies in rats and mice and found that they could extend their life by nearly 75% by giving them less food...
    apparently the process/wear tear on the body of consuming/processing food takes a toll over the years and cuts your life short.
    Which might be another reason women live longer than men.

So a slower metabolism means you can consume less food and live longer! (or so the study would lead ya to believe!)

anyway, ditto whats been said. I thought I had a high metabolism when I used to eat 2 HUGE meals a day and not gain any weight...it wasn't till I started tracking my diet and realized that 2 HUGE meals a day isn't nearly enough calories to gain weight.

For a cheap way to eat a lot start researching where the nearest/cheapest all you can eat buffets are....@ 5$ a pop for a meal that would make a bear jealous you can't go wrong...

i have fast ass matabolism too i eat i **** out but yea i am with other guys eat eat eat aat i am trying that i weight 170 now at 5'11 so i am trying to gain 20 moe pounds and yea when u get older it will drop and ur meta will be slow as ****kkk ima take that into considiration the buffet thing damn at least once a week for real ****...
    My Journal CHECK IT OUT
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=41309

Quote Originally Posted by booster1
    Don'tmove and you''ll burn less cals?

-Heres a tip, every time you wax the monkey you burn fifty cals.

Where did you get this figure because if thats true, I'll just do this like 5 times a day on a cut!