The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Huge drop in caloric intake...

I've been (sorta) bulking for a little while, and I've decided to cut before upping my workout regimen with more isolating exercises... Thing is I took 3500 calories in Wednesday, and sicne I decided to cut, I only ate 1000 cals Thursday. The entire day Thursday I worked out about 4 muscle groups, 1 hr of cardio, and cleaned up the house all on a small fillet of salmon, less than half a cup beans, 350 cals of protein shakes and low-carb shakes (mixed with cold water), and some oatmeal w/ low-carb toast (300 cals estimated). So that adds up to about 1000.

I know this is normally too little, but today I did plan to up it to about 1500-2000 daily until I start bulking (and the off-hand day of "refeeding" @ about 3000 cals. Only today I felt like TOTAL CRAP (headache, queasy stomach, could barely sit up without being dizzy). A virus has been going around, but is it possible that my extreme low-cal intake on Thursday may have caused my fatigue and headache? I could easily imagine that as it coincidentally happened the day after my low intake.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Whats your stats? the only people that should be eating 1500 calories are 120 lb women that do nothing. And you should not drop from a bulk to a crazy bad cut like that.. Instead, slowly drop the calories 300-500 a week until your losing 1 - 1.5lbs a week.

Wannabebig Member
    i usually have to drop to 1500 cals a day to see any weight loss, and i am 240 pounds. I think everyone is different
    what?

Quote Originally Posted by fatbuff
    i usually have to drop to 1500 cals a day to see any weight loss, and i am 240 pounds. I think everyone is different
    I know that eating 6 times your bodyweight in calories is not a cutting diet, its a starvation one.

Quote Originally Posted by fatbuff
    well i started out at 264 and i weigh 247 now that is over 2 months. i am eating between 2300-2600 a day and losing weight consistently

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by briancurran01
    well i started out at 264 and i weigh 247 now that is over 2 months. i am eating between 2300-2600 a day and losing weight consistently

Like I said, I think everyone is different. you have no idea what works for me and I have no idea what works for you.
    what?

Quote Originally Posted by defcon
    Whats your stats? the only people that should be eating 1500 calories are 120 lb women that do nothing. And you should not drop from a bulk to a crazy bad cut like that.. Instead, slowly drop the calories 300-500 a week until your losing 1 - 1.5lbs a week.
    I'm male, 141 pounds @ 5'10.5 I've got one of the smallest frames I know of, since I was able to get to about 120 lbs at about 10% bf, which is seemingly unhealthily skinny yet I could STILL grab some from my stomach and had only barely top 2 visible abs. I suppose during one cutting I'll use Lipoderm Y. I'm 18 - maybe my frame will fill out (I sure hope so!).
    I've managed to gain about 10-15 or so in muscle (mostly in my legs). I gain muscle rather easily, although to lose weight it seems pretty difficult - especially when my mom buys ice cream and cake etc all the time (which I never eat, but I do sometimes have the occasional Big Mac). Must be a slow metabolism.
    After that day, like I said, I intended to up it to 1500-2000 daily with the weekly refeed of 1500 cals of mainly carbs. It would total to a approximately 13000-15000 cals a week. I've done it alot, and I've been fine, and it seems the only way for me to effectively lose a couple of pounds to bulk again.

But yeah, I'm gonna try slowly dropping the cals.
    Last edited by DavidyourDuke; 03-05-2004 at 07:23 PM.