The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Jack's Utter Surprise Saturday Fever's Avatar

Here's a curious idea (political thread)

Gary Nolan just won the Libertarian thing in California so I was checking the guy out and found a pretty neat blog entry on his site, check this out.

Thursday, March 04, 2004

A dream (or nightmare) ticket

Now that Senator Kerry has clenched the Democratic nomination, the question on the lips of every political pundit is: Who will Kerry choose as his running mate?

Will he go for lots of charisma (Sen. John Edwards) or no charisma (Rep. Dick Gephart)? Try to win Florida with the obsessive-compulsive Sen. Bob Graham or the Hispanic vote with Gov. Bill Richardson? Or send the Republican faithful over the edge by picking Sen. Hilary Clinton?

Meanwhile, on the Republican side, there’s growing concern that Vice-President Dick Cheney has become too much of a liability – that it’s time for him to have a “medical scare” and step aside for someone who won’t be a drag on the ticket.

Let me suggest the perfect solution for both parties – a dream (or nightmare) ticket …

Bush/Kerry

After all, on many significant issues, Bush and Kerry look more like running mates than political rivals …

* Bush wanted to wage pre-emptive war in Iraq – Kerry voted to give him the authority.
    * Bush wanted to curtail our liberties with the USA Patriot Act – Kerry voted for it.
    * Bush wanted to expand the role of the federal government in education with the “No Child Left Behind Act” – Kerry voted for it.
    * Bush strong-armed Congress into adding a massive new federal prescription drug benefit to the already bankrupt Medicare system – Kerry’s main objection was that the proposed benefit wasn’t generous enough.
    * Bush has given us massive spending increases and record deficits – Kerry wants to spend even more.

A Bush/Kerry Republicrat (or Demopublican) ticket would open up the possibility of a real debate, with Bush/Kerry making the case for big, expensive, intrusive government, and the Libertarian ticket stressing the benefits of government that is small, limited, and effective.

Unlike a series of sham debates between Bush and Kerry, these would be debates worth having.

- Posted by Gary @ 6:12 PM

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Libertarians ROCK.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Right. They rock so hard, and they do a few too many psychadelics, and can no longer understand the huge differences between the parties. I understand, though, because it's really hard to tell things apart, when you're being chased by a giant purple frog singing Zeppelin.

OK, I'll bite. What ARE the huge differences between the parties?

Screw that man, there's a huge purple frog chasing you!

Libertarians are against wasting millions of tax dollars on the "war on drugs".

That doesn't make them all a bunch of dope-smoking hippies.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

Ha! I hadn't even thought about their anti-war on drugs stuff, which by the way, I happen to agree with completely (getting rid of the war on drugs). I would even go so far as to say virtually no dope smoking hippies are libertarians.

But, speaking of wars, do you really think we would have invaded Iraq if al gore was president? Saddam didn't try to kill his daddy.

I say we find a way to bring the dead back to life and elect Jefferson.
    “Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law.” -Thomas Jefferson, letter to Dr. Thomas Cooper, February 10,1814

“I would proudly fight and die at the hands of a foreign aggressor to preserve Christians' right to practice their religion but I will be damned if I stand idle and let them rewrite our history and claim America as their holy land.” - Me

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    I agree completely.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

I say Nash should go ahead and expand on this huge difference thing.

But in the meantime I highly suggest you all vote for me for president.

Quote Originally Posted by lift4life
    I say we find a way to bring the dead back to life and elect Jefferson.
    Are you kidding man? That's why they're trying to stop cloning in America!
    Last edited by Shane; 03-10-2004 at 02:54 PM.
    "you are like my yoda." - chops

"you are not like yoda at all!" - chops

"shh...I'm only gay for pay" - ECTX

"no matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max" - bIgHwN86

My Journal

Just a few differences:
    - women's right to choose versus well, not, and additionally, the Ashcroft Justice department subpeonas private medical records
    - federally recognized gay rights versus a Constitutional ammendment against them
    - workers rights and a living wage versus corporate tax breaks and worker abuses

Now obviously, both parties are going to run to the center for the Presidential campaign, just like Bush did in 2000, but clearly, those positions have no effect of the reality of governing. Compassionate conservatism my sweet red Irish ass.

I thought every one, especially libertarians, knew that the best method for restraining government was to have one divided, a la Clinton and the Republican congress.

Quote Originally Posted by MixmasterNash

I thought every one, especially libertarians, knew that the best method for restraining government was to have one divided, a la Clinton and the Republican congress.
    Darn tootin -assuming (correctly) that a Libertarian will not win national office in my lifetime.

There was a brief movement in Libertarian circles to support Dean - I still think there are lots of libertarians and like minded folks who will vote for just that. A Democrat in the White house might turn the congressional Republicans into, well, republicans.

Compare gov't growth under Clinton with gov't growth under Bush.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

I believe the gov'ts grown pretty darn heafty under dubya.

in any case - nash is right.

just from my own research - democrats rule where women's issues are concerned.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Was just watching a little afternoon tv and got an idea:

Elect Andy Taylor from Mayberry president! Here's why:

Experienced government official.

Single parent so obviously doesn't buy the nuclear family bs

Believed in controlling police powers (only gave Barnie one bullet)

When people were fighting he sat them down, had them talk it out and do the right thing. Strong unifier.

Believed fried chicken and pie was as good as it got.

Now that is my kind of candidate.
    “Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law.” -Thomas Jefferson, letter to Dr. Thomas Cooper, February 10,1814

“I would proudly fight and die at the hands of a foreign aggressor to preserve Christians' right to practice their religion but I will be damned if I stand idle and let them rewrite our history and claim America as their holy land.” - Me