Thread: Leg Press pulls left hip flexor?

Wannabebig Member

Leg Press pulls left hip flexor?

When i preform leg press on the sled with about 450 it feels like it's pulling my left hip flexor. Is this normal, or could it be determential if I incressed weight??

Thanks
    :alcoholic Quit worrying about your health. It'll go away.

are you stretching before and after?
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

That's how I got this nagging injury:

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=43357

Are you sure it's your hip flexor and not your gluteous medius? One of my symptoms is tightness/pain in my hip flexor but the gluteous medius is what I actually damaged.

I still don't know what I did to pull it.
    Last edited by Paladyr; 03-09-2004 at 09:03 AM.

Yeah, you may want to stretch that out, especially afterward. Maybe take a few more warmup sets and bring the sled down a little deeper than you normally would.

If you are feeling something getting strained then I'd work on that before you go for anything heavier.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Wannabebig Member
    I'm streaching my quads, glutes, hams, but how to you acutally get a good streach with the hip flexor? I'm almost postive that is where the pain is coming from?

Wannabebig Member
    I was thinking it could also be the Tailor's muscle. http://www.exrx.net/Muscles/Sartorius.html
    the pain also seems to occur directly after prefroming the leg press, not with any other leg exersize i do. Would it be best to just find a substutite for it?

Quote Originally Posted by jalmer
    I'm streaching my quads, glutes, hams, but how to you acutally get a good streach with the hip flexor? I'm almost postive that is where the pain is coming from?
    You know how you do a lunge? Exaggerate that, leaving your back leg straight and pushing your butt to the floor.