Sorry for another journal, but I have my reasons. I have been doing some reading and came to the conclusion that Powerlifting isn't that good for athleticism, but that OL lifting is far superior. They develop speed, power, explosivness, coordination, the whole works. I will be doing an olympic based routine. However, it will not be pure because I don't have the resources to learn the full range lifts, since I live in Nowhere, Texas. I will be focusing on Hang and Power versions of each lift. I havn't finalized a routine yet, but I will soon. I plan on doing track and field next year, I would have this year, but the season has already started.

I did a short workout today just to see get some maxes-

Power Cleans-
135X5
165X5
185X1
205X1
210X1
225Xmiss.

Okay, technique needs work, second pull needs to be stronger.

Full OL Squats-
135X5
225X3
275X1
300X1
315X1
335X1

DIdn't want to go any heavier, as I was working out alone. These were good. Speed was poor, but I'll work on it. I stayed completely upright on all sets, I won't count it as a squat if there is a goodmorning action involved, has to be completely flawless form.

Power Snatches-
45X5
95X3
115X3
135X2
150X1

Hmm, after watching a few videos, I did these the best I could. I MIGHT have been able to do 165, but I didn't want to attempt it without a spotter. I need to keep the bar closer to my body on these.

Just a little mini-maxing session. I will contact a few people to get a routine worked up.