Thread: Questions for ex-smokers

Wannabebig Member

Questions for ex-smokers

I've been trying to quit for the last 6 month, But have had no luck. What did u guys do to Quit and stay that way.

gonaherpasyphilaids
    try buying a book on it. I read one, forgot the name tho, and it made me quit before I finished it, only about 100 pages, it was very affective, or, man up and use will power

I just stopped. That simple.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

if it's that hard to quit, try buying those expensive pills unless you're economically challenged. you can try those chewing gums.

I just stopped one day. It was almost like a challenge to myself. I didn't have any problems with it.
    Last edited by manowar669; 03-11-2004 at 07:55 AM.

You have to have a good reason to quit. Often the health benefits alone aren't enough. For me, I thought of getting more competitive in thai boxing at the time, and realized that smoking would really hold me back. So it made it easier to quit as I started to see the positive benefits of it, you'll be able to stick with it.

I stopped cold turkey, but used some nicotine gum whenever I found myself getting "overly irritable." That lasted maybe 2 or 3 weeks and that was it. I went about 2 and a half years straight without taking a drag. Maybe stay away from bars or the golf course, or whatever you associate with smoking a lot, for the first month or so.

Recently I've taken it back up as a novelty though, which pisses me off some I'm gonna have to re-quit.

One last point, don't always get discouraged when you fail to quit. It takes most people quite a few tries before they finally get there, so even if you break down and start up, keep trying, and eventually you'll get there.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by ElPietro
    You have to have a good reason to quit. Often the health benefits alone aren't enough.
    I agree 100%. This is exactly how I was able to quit by giving myself a good reason. I told myself that I would get "bigger" and more muscle would grow if I quit smoking.

I told myself I'd quit as a birthday present to a friend...but I felt like if I just quit on the day of her birthday it wouldn't be much...so I figured I'd quit a week before...so at least I could say I did it for a week!
    That was 6 months ago...
    I used the patch which helped a lot.
    Once you've gotten past the first 3-6 weeks it gets MUCH easier and now I have absolutely no desire what so ever to have a puff...even if my friends are all smoking, and I'm drinking or whatever...the desire just isn't there...
    makes me wonder about all those people that say that even after 20 years they still crave one! WTF are they talking about... I have no idea.
    BTW I smoked about a pack a week or 2 packs a week for about 5 years

Just one last rep!
    I smoked for 16 years. I'm 33. I quite 2 years ago. I took Zyban (Wellbutrin) It's an antidepressant. It worked really well. It helps reduce your craving for nico rather than just giving you nico in another form. I had tried gum with no success. I never tried the patch.

You've got to have a good reason to quit. I finally got tired of being fat and having cigs plan my life for me. Everywhere I went timing and smoking was everything.

Unlike many say I changed everything at once. Quite smoking, started working out every day, changed diet all in a 2 week period.

I'll be totally honest though. My personal experience, I think about smoking every day, like 10 times a day. You just have to say no. It's a very powerful drug that should be banned I think. IMHO Change up your routine. Don't stop by convenience stores ever. Pay at the pump. Think about the quality protein you can buy for 4 bucks a day. Wouldn't it be nice to have an extra $1,400 this time next year?

It's also good to have someone to quit with. Also if there are people that you tried to hide smoking from, they know you do it anyway, come out and tell them that you have quit. You will be so proud of yourself and you can then feel sorry for all of the fools that still smoke and are going to die an early and painful death.

If anyone thinks smoking doesn't hurt them then just go to an old folks home. Talk to people about smoking.

It would be healthier to smoke notebook paper.

I tried rolling some tuna recently but it just doesn't work. Maybe I had the wrong papers.

Throw them away now and consider yourself and ex smoker.

Good Luck!
    Keep us posted.

Which came first, the chicken or the egg? I really don't give a **** I'm gonna eat em both!
    Height: 69" Weight: 205 BF% about 15
    Chest: 47 Biceps: 16.5
    Waist: 34 Thigh: 26
    Calves: 16.5 Neck: 16.25
    Wrist: 7 Ankle: 8.5
    Main Supplements are: Various proteins (200-250g/day) Aminos, Glutamine, Creatine, Vitamins. Best way to put on muscle? Lift as heavy as possible. Consume lots of protein and carbs around workout. Biggest weakness is hamstring and lower back. Working on DL.

Journal in progress