Thread: I need a new routine!!!!!

I need a new routine!!!!!

Can someone design me a routine that works around my current high school schedule? My current schedule is:
    Wake up 6:15
    School 7:30
    weightlifting 40 minutes Bench and Squat, 3sets of low reps on monday and wednesday, Deadlift 3sets of low reps on tuesday, Clean 3sets of low reps on friday.
    Track practice 2:30-4:15PM mostly sprint workouts like hilt.
    Bed 9:30 pm
    I just want to know when and what else to do to ensure that all my muscles get worked.
    Thank you all.

Is the weightlifting a requirement for track, or are you doing it on your own?

Is track practice every weekday?

What exactly is your goal? To be better at your running?
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Anwsers

Weightlifting is a school requirement and I do it every school day except thursday. Track practice is every day except weekends. My goal is to cut but still hold onto most of my muscle mass. My is used to working out all the muscles so I am afraid that I will lose muscle mass by not working all the muscles.

Is the weightlifting class structured? ie, do you have to do what the teacher/coach says?

Track will get you lean. I'd suggest a very basic, simple lifting routine for track season.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

The class is structured. I am required to do exactly what I said in my original question. I'm trying to find out what else I need to do and when should I do it?

Wannabebig Member
    check out the MAX-OT program from www.ast-ss.com - I use it and have had great success..

I have about the same schedule as you, I have lacrosse right after school, so after lacrosse I head over to the gym and workout for a solid 45 mins..

I think you've got competing goals.

Keep at it in your weightlifting class, and if you have spare time, work your posterior chain and core HARD. You might want to read some of the sports specific Q&A at elitefts.com - I'm sure they have some info for track athletes.

Focus on track for now, and focus on building muscle, gaining weight, or whatever after the season is over.
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.