The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Banned

some questions.....

ive been working out/dieting for a while (4.5months) and realized my routine is absolute crap. ive lost about 60-70lbs and. im now going to do wbb#1. im 6'3, about 220. i figure i want to get to around 190-200 by summer time. ive looked around at stuff and still have some questions.....

1. on the chest/back day should i add in flys? or just leave it at 3 exercises?

2. which grip is the chin-up? i looked at some videos but it was hard to tell how they were holding it. should i do it on the "assisted machine" if i cannot do them yet (im still weak and fat), cut them out until i can do them, or substitute something else? im not sure if i can do them as i have not tried.

3. is this what they mean by "barbell rows"? http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...ntOverRow.html

4. is this what they mean by standing lateral raises? http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...eralRaise.html

5. what is a french press (for triceps)?

6. it seems as if the deadlift would work more my legs than my back?

thanks for clearing any of this up!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

1. Leave it alone for now, or do db flys in place of something

2. Use the assisted machine or do wide-grip cable pull-downs

3. Yes

4. Yes

5. French press is a tricep excercise

6. "Traditional" deads will work your back for the most part. Stiff-leg deadlifts are a great hamsting exercise

1) Leave it as is.
    2) Chin-Up is underhand. They'll get easier as you lose weight. Use the assisted machine if you have to.
    3) Yes
    4) Yes
    5) http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...ingTriExt.html or http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/.../DBTriExt.html
    6) Have you ever performed deadlifts? if you do them conventional style I promise you'll feel it in your lower back.

EDIT: Jason Beat me to it
    Last edited by Saint Patrick; 03-11-2004 at 01:58 PM.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

Banned
    thanks guys, that cleared everything up. no ive never done deads, thats one of the reasons why my prior routine sucked. thanks again.

Banned
    also...... should i be doing any direct forearm work? if so what and when? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beloved
    also...... should i be doing any direct forearm work? if so what and when? thanks
    I wouldn't worry about it too much, deads and shrugs will really get the forearms. You could throw in 1-2 sets of bb forearm curls, or something of that nature.