ive been working out/dieting for a while (4.5months) and realized my routine is absolute crap. ive lost about 60-70lbs and. im now going to do wbb#1. im 6'3, about 220. i figure i want to get to around 190-200 by summer time. ive looked around at stuff and still have some questions.....
1. on the chest/back day should i add in flys? or just leave it at 3 exercises?
2. which grip is the chin-up? i looked at some videos but it was hard to tell how they were holding it. should i do it on the "assisted machine" if i cannot do them yet (im still weak and fat), cut them out until i can do them, or substitute something else? im not sure if i can do them as i have not tried.
3. is this what they mean by "barbell rows"? http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...ntOverRow.html
4. is this what they mean by standing lateral raises? http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...eralRaise.html
5. what is a french press (for triceps)?
6. it seems as if the deadlift would work more my legs than my back?
thanks for clearing any of this up!
1. Leave it alone for now, or do db flys in place of something
2. Use the assisted machine or do wide-grip cable pull-downs
5. French press is a tricep excercise
6. "Traditional" deads will work your back for the most part. Stiff-leg deadlifts are a great hamsting exercise
1) Leave it as is.
2) Chin-Up is underhand. They'll get easier as you lose weight. Use the assisted machine if you have to.
5) http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...ingTriExt.html or http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/.../DBTriExt.html
6) Have you ever performed deadlifts? if you do them conventional style I promise you'll feel it in your lower back.
EDIT: Jason Beat me to it
Last edited by Saint Patrick; 03-11-2004 at 01:58 PM.
Weight: Not Big Enough
“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee
thanks guys, that cleared everything up. no ive never done deads, thats one of the reasons why my prior routine sucked. thanks again.
also...... should i be doing any direct forearm work? if so what and when? thanks
I wouldn't worry about it too much, deads and shrugs will really get the forearms. You could throw in 1-2 sets of bb forearm curls, or something of that nature.Originally Posted by beloved