The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Banned

he weighs more but is smaller

one of my friends who i work out with is the same height as me, has pretty much the same amount of bf, close bone structure and build. He looks smaller, has smaller chest, arm, leg measurements etc, but he weighs llike 20 lbs more than me. What could this be?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    sounds like he is denser, and possibly has more muscle mass than he seems, muscle weighs more than fat so thats probably why
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

Pimpology Professor
    Muscle doesnt weight more then fat if you think about it heh. A LB of fat is the same as a LB of muscle.

Fill a box with muscle then a box with fat and the muscle box will weigh more. That being said I think you probably have a bit more body fat than the other person. I know this isn't necessarily going to matter but stregth wise how do you too match up?

Quote Originally Posted by J_weik
    Muscle doesnt weight more then fat if you think about it heh. A LB of fat is the same as a LB of muscle.
    a pound of fat is more mass than an pound of muscle, muscle is denser, thus a smaller amount is required of muscle to equal 1 pound than fat.
    Age - 20
    Height - 6'2"
    Weight - 175 (starting weight 140)
    Squat - 275 x 8
    Deadlift - 225 x 8
    Bench - 135 x 8

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorcod
    a pound of fat is more mass than an pound of muscle, muscle is denser, thus a smaller amount is required of muscle to equal 1 pound than fat.
    a pound of fat has more volume but the same amount of mass as a pound of muscle. mass = weight (on earth anyway)

Banned
    if u want to split hairs..

weight is actually your mass x gravity

The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    muscle is alot denser than fat it, you can take two guys that are 6 feet tall with a 40 inch waist if one is fat (bf of 25 or 30 ) verses another guy who has a lower bf of say around 7 or 8 % the guy with the lower bodyfat will weight a good 30 to 40 pounds more

i look at gys as myself vs other big people at my school who dont workout. there is this one guy who looks and is alot bigger than i am but he doesnt workout and is pure flab and he weighs about 270 and im begining to push the 300 pounds mark at 290, i outweigh him by like 20 pounds and hes way bigger than me physicaly

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wrestlemaniac
    Fill a box with muscle then a box with fat and the muscle box will weigh more. That being said I think you probably have a bit more body fat than the other person. I know this isn't necessarily going to matter but stregth wise how do you too match up?
    I am quite a bit stronger than him in just about eveything. And i dont think i have more body fat b/c i look more lean than he is.

I just came up with an idea. I was talking to one of my freinds who was telling me about a kind on our wrestling team. To lose weight, to get to the desired weight class, he went and took a bunch of "super strength" laxatives (all natural not like drugs or anything) and he lost like 12 lbs and all in ****!!!!!!!

Body fat % makes a huge difference, I was 5'10", 205lbs and pretty lean, i could still see my abs, etc. Now I'm 5'10", 180lbs and I'm stronger than I was at 205, and look bigger too. I never realized how much difference body fat can make

Just watch any non-heavyweight boxing match. I weigh more than all those guys, but a lot of them look much bigger than me

Big doesn't = strong, and strong doesn't = big. I've seen some guys 5'7 and 50-70 lbs lighter than me who could blow my ass away in strength. of course...steroids. yeah i agree with COREY, that Big Sumbiatch. he's probably denser than you.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

my uncles friend gave me that name

Quote Originally Posted by wrestlemaniac
    wouldnt it depends on the mass?

like i remember an old one, whats heavier a, kg of feathers, or a kg of stones
    PROFILE, COMMENT PLZ
    My Journal

Quote Originally Posted by armageddon69
    I am quite a bit stronger than him in just about eveything.
    You may be stronger than him because of your bigger muscles. Does he have more muscle endurance than you? ( i.e. like can he bench 50% of his 1rm several times more than you? )
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Quote Originally Posted by –ragons
    wouldnt it depends on the mass?

like i remember an old one, whats heavier a, kg of feathers, or a kg of stones
    yeah thats the density thing i was talking about earlier