Thread: counterproductive

counterproductive

There are many counterproductive things that will thwart all your bodybuilding efforts. One in particular is weed. Smoking and training just do not go together. It has never worked for me. Its all or nothing. When I am at my best physically, I had not been smoking for a while. Its just the way it is for me.

What is counterproductive to you all?

Soca King
    I personally feel that drinking alcohol is counter productive to the bodybuilding lifestyle because if you drink too much one day your workout will suffer the next day and if it doesn't that means that you are developping a tolerance and might drink more to achieve the desired effect

BIG BOI
    OVERUSE of steroids.....to much of a good thing is just plain bad.
    if 2 is good 4 would be even better...wrong. i think everything in moderation is fine...a beer every now and then isnt really gonna do much. same with cheat foods. once a week is fine....

remember i said OVERUSE.

Lack of sleep. tuttut

**Too much sleep
    **Too much coffee
    **Not enough food
    **Lack of concentration

"Success is never behind you, it is always, always in front of you."

Devastatingly Hardcore KryptoAllez's Avatar
    SUGAR! I crave sweets and it will definitely put a damper on my fat loss if I am to induldge!
    Train Hard Or Go Home

I'm with MA on this one....lack of sleep.

well that and PMS. that is counterproductive as well.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

I get like 6 - 6 1/2 hours per night. Bah...

Originally posted by Tryska

well that and PMS. that is counterproductive as well.

I hear ya...
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

i knew you of all people would understad exactly where i'm coming from chigs.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Lack of sleep kills me.
    Anything else takes backseat.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    Even this Maki--------> :alcoholic
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 535 SQ 300 BE 570 DL.....1400 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    545 SQ 305 BE 585 DL

lack of sleep KILLS me. I have a sleep disorder and I'm under 18 so my sh*tty doctor won't prescribe me any medicines made directly for sleep (he usually tries to get me to try some anti-depressant... WHY - I don't know. I guess he's an idiot, or maybe he thinks I can't handle something that might just be mildly addictive). The only thing that worked was this **** called remeron and it made me gain like 10 lbs cause I'd get hungry as **** before sleep. Ahhhhh... I guess maybe I'll grow out of it.

PS
    Try 3 - 5 hours of sleep per night for a couple of... YEARS (excluding weekends)

Continuously Dangerously
    definitely a lack of sleep.. if i dont get at least 8 hours, forget it. some afternoons ill shut my office door and take a nap.

junk food and drinking. if i eat crap food or drink, i can see it the next day. a no no for me.

i smoked (cloves) for 2 years and quit mostly about 8 months ago, and completely about 5-6 months ago and i know thats still affecting my cardio. aside from some tendonitis in my leg, i would be able to run for a pretty long time if my respiratory system was better. big improvements from 3 months ago though. then i struggled and nearly collapsed after 1 mile, now 3 is nothing.

Just by seeing all the replies, it is obvious how things effect people especially sleep. I get around 6 1/2 hrs too and probably need more.

Pretty Fly for an Old Guy W8_4_Me's Avatar
    LOL!

This is a funny thread! All this things sound like a typical weekend at MY house!

Anyone know much about smoking? I've heard it takes about 8 months for your 'system' to get back to 'normal'?

Continuously Dangerously
    the effects of smoking depend mostly on how long/how much you did it. obviously a 3 pack a day habit for 10 years takes longer to recover from than 2 smokes a day for 6 months.

i did it for 2 years and quit several months ago and i feel like i still have a little 'residue' from it but have just about come out completely.