The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Abdomens/Stomach capacity

Is there any way I can continue to work out my abs but continue to gain weight with just food and meals (no artificial supplements)?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    yeah definetly, abs r just like any muscle when u work them they grow, so working them wont prevent size gains
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

Corey is right.

Abdominal strength will help compound lifts like Squats too.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

Thanks. I was afraid I would lose a lot of weight if I continued to work out my abs. Should I use heavy resistance or just continue chiseling my abs?

Its up to you. If you use heavy resistence, youll get that more blocky look, but without resistance, you can get that more chiseled look. My ab workout consists of both type of ab excercises. The point i am at now it is going to depend on the kitchen to get my abs realllly showing.
    "Color outside the lines"

So even if I do cut down my abs, my stomach won't lose it's volume to hold more food every day?

Quote Originally Posted by kensterz
    So even if I do cut down my abs, my stomach won't lose it's volume to hold more food every day?
    The size/strength of your abs is totally seperate from how much food you can eat at a time. Don't worry about it.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Ebu
    Its up to you. If you use heavy resistence, youll get that more blocky look, but without resistance, you can get that more chiseled look. .
    This is incorrect.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Well, Paul Stagg doesnt agree, but I have seen it said both ways. Just work out and see what works for you, everyone is different, as we can see with paul stagg
    "Color outside the lines"

The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    yeah chiseled look only comes from having a low body fat, but ebu what u are saying is partly tru.

because i have two friends that work there abs alot, one does nothing but body weight exercises with high reps and the other does alot of weight resistant movements for a few reps 10-15.

the guy who doesnt use the weight has a slim waist with a very defined midsection while the one who uses the weight has large abs muscles, his waist isnt as flat and trim but is very muscled up and strong, so it can make a diffeenct but neither look boxy, one just has a slightly thicker midsection.

and if i had to choose id select the one with the thicker midsection because his abs are larger and look better imo, and it helps create more power, plus i kinda like that thick look, with a fit midsection

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

These are genetic twins?

They both squat and dead the same weights?
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Wannabebig Member
    resistance is by far the better way, at least it works best for me. that cut look is all about your bodyfat percentage. you can work out abs and continue to gain weight fine. its not like your doing cardio, your just working out your abdominal muscles just like you would any other muscle. and the more resistance you use, the stronger your abs get, the better support you'll have for lifts like the squat and deadlift.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Stagg
    These are genetic twins?

They both squat and dead the same weights?
    well the one that uses the weight, is bigger by about 20 pounds, one is 175 and the other is 195 but the guy that is 195 is about 2 inches taller so they are spread kinda evenly.

both squats and power clean roughly the same

but the 200 pound guy benches 365 and the 175 pound guy benches 335