Thread: New Body builder

Hybrid View

On the road to perfection Sh!mA's Avatar

New Body builder

Hi everybody. My brother just recently got me into bodybuilding at the ripe age of 13. I am very determined to try to be the best that I can be. I was just curious as to if yall had any tips for a newbie. I currently bench a maximum of 90 lbs. One of my brother's very close friend (Who is the number 7 powerlifter in the region of Fort Worth/Dallas) made me a schedual:
    HAYDEN'S WORKOUT PLAN:
    (These weights below will change as we work-out next week.)

MONDAYS: Bench: 1x8 45
    1x6 60
    2x6 65

DB Flyes: 3x6 15's
    Military Press: 4x6 45
    Curls: 3x8 45
    Shrugs: 4x10 95

TUESDAYS: Squat: 1x8 75
    1x6 95
    3x6 115

Leg Press: 4x8 150
    Leg Extensions: 4x8 80
    Hamstring Curls: 4x8 45

WEDNESDAYS:300 Crunches (Keep doing as many as you can until it all totals up to 300.)

THURSDAYS: DB Bench: 1x8 15's
    3x6 25's

DB Flyes: 3x6 15's
    DB Front Raises: 3x6 15's
    Shrugs: 4x10 95

FRIDAYS: Deadlift: 1x8 95
    1x1 105
    2x5 115
    Leg Press: 4x8 150
    Leg Extensions: 4x8 80
    Hamstring Curls: 4x8 45

What do you guys think about this? Pretty good for a newbie? Do I have any chance of getting any where with this?

Now another thing is is that I am trying very hard to get a 6-pack. I already have my upper abs developed, but just cant seem to master my lower abs. I've viewed many different techniques, yet they place no strain upon my lower abs.

Heres some addition information if it matters.
    Weight: 125 lbs
    Height: 5' 6
    How long I've been working out: 1 week
    Diet: None, but some whey protein every now and then

Thanks a ton!
    -Sh!mA

Oh and by the way, I hardly consider myself a body builder, but I didn't know the correct word for it if that makes any sense...

Banned

Hey bro

Check it out man, Body Building, Ultimately means, to Sculpt or Shape your body how you want it to be... Its like having a house and shopping for furniture, but instead of going to the store and getting couches, you go the gym or weight room in your house and you purchase muscles with energy lol...

So your a beginner body builder, a weight lifter, a fitness guy, a guy that likes to train, the names are endless bro.

Welcome. Your workout looks good. If you stick to it you'll be huge in a few years.

Also, another question (sorry I forgot to add it) is that Is 90 lbs a good bench max for a 125 lb 7th grader?

Banned

Yeah

Thats pretty good man, i knew some guys in sixth and seventh grade that could only bench 40 pounds.

I think that's more than I was benching in the 7th grade. Don't worry too much about the weights but learn the movements to begin with. Those numbers will jump up pretty quickly as your body learns the movements.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Tennis is fun.....
    Hey Sh!ma do you rollerblade?

because that's the name of a pro roller named Brian Shima. Just wondering because I rollerblade..
    Somebody give Me a H22A to drop in My Accord....PLEASE!!!

I agree with HomeYield, its very important to a beginner to get your muscles used to the full range of motion. I've always been told technique,technique,technique(spelling ?)

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedMetal
    Hey Sh!ma do you rollerblade?

because that's the name of a pro roller named Brian Shima. Just wondering because I rollerblade..
    Yeah, I roll. Man I never thought about meeting a rolla in a body building forum. I'll tell you my set up if you im me @ Texroll llorxeT

sh!ma, you sure you wanna be training so young?
    The hormones that make our muscles grow also close of the cartilage in our bones, this means that heavy resistance training at a young age can curtail growth.

Rather do cardio, and endurance sort of training focusing on you core (stomach, glutes and lower back).

Things like dips, chins and push-ups are better for some one of your age.

Quote Originally Posted by always_losing
    heavy resistance training at a young age can curtail growth.
    This has not been proven.

Quote Originally Posted by always_losing
    sh!ma, you sure you wanna be training so young?
    The hormones that make our muscles grow also close of the cartilage in our bones, this means that heavy resistance training at a young age can curtail growth.

Rather do cardio, and endurance sort of training focusing on you core (stomach, glutes and lower back).

Things like dips, chins and push-ups are better for some one of your age.
    disagree dude,

sh!ma your routine looks good, just make sure you are eating enough and i can't see there being any problems with stunted growth

training at that age and the nxt few years should see some great gains with all that testosterone.
    Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal.These things are for lesser men.Protect the weak against the evil strong.And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil."

live by the code

Sweet Yeah I've heard that stunted growth rumor, and I dont think its true. A lot of my brothers friends started working out when they were 13 and they are just as tall as they should be. I bet you that rumor started when some kid's mom wouldnt let him work out so he told that to everyone

Oh, and what about the 300 crunches? Because in one of the articles on this site it says doing 300 crunches is dangerous...

Footballer
    Working out at a young age doesn't stunt your growth, although you may not see good really good gains until you start to grow some more, and start filling out your body, but it's essential to get your body used to the movements, don't worry about the weight right now worry about the movements. Also, have fun with it.

300 crunches won't do much for you. Stick with lower reps and go to failure or near failure. So if that means do weighted crunches then do that.