Thread: More pecs in WBB #1

Wannabebig Member

More pecs in WBB #1

Let's face it, my pecs are pretty close to non-existent and I've always found them to be difficult to build up. I've been following WBB #1 for about a month now and there hasn't been much change in them compared to the rest of my body (arms, shoulders, legs). Seeing as that I'm not concerned with getting huge legs, would it be a good idea to maybe drop the legs day and just do an extra chest/back day? Would something like Monday: chest/legs, Wed: shoulders/arms, and Friday: chest/legs again work or would this not give my chest/back enough recovery time in between workout days? I'd appreciate any advice on this. Also, any suggestions on good chest exercises aside from bench, dips, inclined dumbbells? Thanks in advance.

I got a similar problem.
    Before anyone says it.....

Don't drop your leg day, your body grows as a whole, and legs will help ther rest of your body grow.
    You could also do MORE sets for chest and work it twice a week.
    Seems to be working for me.

"Also, any suggestions on good chest exercises aside from bench, dips, inclined dumbbells? "
    Got a pec deck?

Try db bench for a month, then switch back to bb bench. Also try cable crossovers if available. If not, pec dec flyes. If not, flat bench db flyes.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

Is it me or 1 month not really a whole lot of time to see major improvements any any body part, other than strength inprovements. For myself, I generally don't see changes for at least 3-4 months.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

:withstupi

1 month would only be enough time to gain a couple pounds of muscle. I think 3-4 months is a much better time frame.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

Wannabebig Member
    I agree that the 1 month thing explains a lot, but I've had this problem before a few years back when I worked out for 3-4 months. I'll throw in another day of chest work during the week and see how it turns out in the months to come. Thanks for the advice.

don't whatever you do drop the legs

also 1 month is nothing, give it time, and possibly add some more weight on bench, are your calories high enough/ enough sleep?
    Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal.These things are for lesser men.Protect the weak against the evil strong.And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil."

live by the code

1 month is nothing. Switch wholesale to dumbbell bench. It's wonderful for chest.

Wannabebig Member
    I have no idea if you do this but it seems like this is the mistake a lot of people make with chest. Firest, they start with Bench which is good it is probably the best exercise (even though I prefer incline) but for some reason their ego forces them to do 8 sets of 2 reps each...youi just aren't going to grow in my opinion doing that..get stronger yes but not grow. Would you do 8 sets of 2 reps for curls or back or shoulders? No...so basically stay above 6 reps and get good quality sets in. Like I said you may not be doing this but this is a common mistake among beginners and one I made and my chest growth suffered because of it. Mke sure you are getting a good pump and good blood flow through those boobies that is a sure sign you are working them and they'll grow.

Oh yes...be patient, stubburn body parts dont get huge overnight they take hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by bpd
    Let's face it, my pecs are pretty close to non-existent and I've always found them to be difficult to build up. I've been following WBB #1 for about a month now and there hasn't been much change in them compared to the rest of my body (arms, shoulders, legs). Seeing as that I'm not concerned with getting huge legs, would it be a good idea to maybe drop the legs day and just do an extra chest/back day? Would something like Monday: chest/legs, Wed: shoulders/arms, and Friday: chest/legs again work or would this not give my chest/back enough recovery time in between workout days? I'd appreciate any advice on this. Also, any suggestions on good chest exercises aside from bench, dips, inclined dumbbells? Thanks in advance.
    Jesus H christ, your lucky you survived that question!
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

yea 1 month aint enough give it like 5 months pecs are hard to get abs are even harder keep working and you will get it...
    My Journal CHECK IT OUT
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=41309

make sure you pound out the last couple reps w/spotter as well on your last set. if you can finish your sets by yourself, you need to up the weight.