The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Kennelly benches 850 at 294!

Ryan Kennelly benched 850 at 294 bodyweight this weekend. The BenchMonster said that he felt a lot more rested up for this meet (he said that he felt overtrained at the Arnold Classic) and that he showed up at this contest ready to rock. He opened with an easy 800 (who'd have thought that someone would ever type that?), then went to the 850 (3 white lights on both his opener and 2nd attempt) and then took two close runs at 880.

Last weekend, between the Arnold Classic competition and this contest, he also benchpressed 315 for 40 reps! He did this at the Universal Animal Cage where they asked him if he could bench his bodyweight 40 times for the crowd (he weighed 308 at the time.)

There were a lot of other really killer benchers and deadlifters at this competition. I got some cool photos and the results are supposed to be compiled and sent to me this week. One of Ryan's training partners also caught the lift on video and I'm trying to get a copy so that I can post it up on the internet.

This Washington State APA Championships drew a really cool crowd of people and, in addition to the lifting, I enjoyed the pre-contest night get together at The Olive Garden, the pre-contest breakfast at Shari's Restaurant and the post contest dinner at the Great Wall Chinese Buffet - I think that I gained 10 pounds this weekend, LOL.

The promoters Kelley Mahoney, Paul Ratch and Scott Taylor put on a really kickin competition with slamming rock and roll music, good vibes and lots of hardcore lifting! The contest was held at Life Quest Fitness Center, 540 North Colorado, Kennewick, WA (a great gym for powerlifters!)

A serious ROCK ON! to Kennelly for putting up 850 pounds at 294!
    Last edited by Paul Stagg; 03-15-2004 at 01:33 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Opening with an easy 800. My god.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

bone crusher
    absolutely UNREAL!!!

It's hard to imagine squatting that much, let alone benching it. Crazy stuff!
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

Yeah, that's four 100 pound plates on each side of the bar!
    Last edited by Paul Stagg; 03-16-2004 at 07:33 PM.

Congratulations to Mr. Kennelly!

He is a huge guy with a powerful, not sloppy, looking physique.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Tiredly going Insane
    im curiosu as to what the bar looks like aftter one of this liftS? Must be bent to holy hell!

Nice lift. No, the bars are tough. A grand wont bend them.

Quote Originally Posted by Future
    Nice lift. No, the bars are tough. A grand wont bend them.
    Nah for a grand id bend an oly bar.

Congratulations to Ryan.