The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Wannabebig Member

Kerry clinches democratic nomination

It's official now. Kerry vs Bush.

Not saying where I fall on the political spectrum, but I see one of two things happening this year Kerry winning the presidency or Bush getting another term but losing the popular vote again.

I base this on some very accurate sources i.e. I pulled it out of my ass

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Your ass is historically accurate. Does it have any advanced degrees?

Man, the electoral system sucks ass. It's almost guaranteed that Kerry will win the popular vote.

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    I know that whoever wins will be someone I didn't vote for.

So when this nation falls to its knees, at least I can throw THAT in someone's face.

www.gynorhinowouldbeabetterpresidentthansaturdayfeverOMGLOL!!1!!1!.com
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

Quote Originally Posted by Gyno Rhino
    I know that whoever wins will be someone I didn't vote for.

So when this nation falls to its knees, at least I can throw THAT in someone's face.

www.gynorhinowouldbeabetterpresidentthansaturdayfeverOMGLOL!!1!!1!.com
    www.gynorhinowouldbeabetterpresidentthansaturdayfeverOMGLOL!!1!!1!.com could not be found. Please check the name and try again.

You two bit hussie. I'm crushed. I had such high hopes for the future under your glorious leadership.

There's a pretty good reason for the Electoral system in this country.

It's the same reason the US isn't a true democracy, although it is oft called that.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Because we're a republic. I don't recall too many complaints about the electoral system prior to '00.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

damn i'm good at horse-pickin'.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Tryska: I just watched that John Kerry video on his website, from the link in your signature. I found it incredibly amusing. It was difficult to decipher it between a trailer for a movie, with the classic deep-voiced narrator explaining how John Kerry will make a better America etc.

welcome to the world of our politics. you should see the bush ads too.

actually i jsut finished reading this article from slate on the current tv ads. it's got links for the one i guess you jsut saw, as well as the 2 new ones from bush:

http://slate.msn.com/id/2097241/

actually what i wish kerry would do is stop responding to dubya's snipes, and jsut keep throwing facts from dubya's years on the screen. no commentary about he's the better man or anything. just details to combat dubyas ermm...stretching of the truth, to put it politely.

Jack's Utter Surprise Saturday Fever's Avatar
    Gary Nolan in 04.

Sorry to disappoint my followers, I'm just not old enough to be president yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BCC
    Because we're a republic. I don't recall too many complaints about the electoral system prior to '00.
    Sure there were. The electoral college system was useful in earlier times, but with modern communication it is just a silly anachronism. Why should Rhode Island votes count for so much more than Massachusetts votes? We need direct national election, along with instant run-off. Winner take all is ridiculous.

You really want to be true to the founders wishes? Should we go back to state legislatures picking the electors?

Electors don't even have to vote for the candidate chosen by the voters! And it's happened four times, three in the latter half of the 20th century.

All of the arguments in that page are trivally refuted. Their main point is that the electoral system allows consideration of regional issues. WRONG. In fact, certain regions are written off entirely. Only votes in swing states matter, and votes in solid red or blue states for the opposite party may as well not exist. California and Texas might as well not vote.

It seems to me that the main argument for the electoral college system was that is always seemed to work. But now we see it doesn't, and it leads to very dangerous things like the Supreme Court choosing presidents.

Wannabebig Member
    Just my two cent's but I really wanted to see John Edwards as president. I ended up gaining a lot of respect for him in the end. It seems as if my guys never get the nod. Last election I wanted John McCain.

Kerry/McCain '04 has got my vote over ALL other tickets.

really nash? why's that?

Quote Originally Posted by MixmasterNash
    Kerry/McCain '04 has got my vote over ALL other tickets.
    The best of two worlds. A moderate leaning liberal and a libertarian leaning conservative.
    “Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law.” -Thomas Jefferson, letter to Dr. Thomas Cooper, February 10,1814

“I would proudly fight and die at the hands of a foreign aggressor to preserve Christians' right to practice their religion but I will be damned if I stand idle and let them rewrite our history and claim America as their holy land.” - Me

makes sense to me. actually i could vote for that, but what do you think the chances are of a cross-party alliance?

Quote Originally Posted by Tryska
    makes sense to me. actually i could vote for that, but what do you think the chances are of a cross-party alliance?
    I have heard the combo thrown around on debate boards and political blogs. I think McCain would do it because it would be the easiest way to get to the Presidency after Kerry's term(s).

It would make me a little less nervous pulling the lever for a democrat for the first time.
    “Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law.” -Thomas Jefferson, letter to Dr. Thomas Cooper, February 10,1814

“I would proudly fight and die at the hands of a foreign aggressor to preserve Christians' right to practice their religion but I will be damned if I stand idle and let them rewrite our history and claim America as their holy land.” - Me

Simplistic
    Quote Originally Posted by lift4life

The best of two worlds. A moderate leaning liberal and a libertarian leaning conservative.
    How is McCain libertarian leaning?

Quote Originally Posted by Neil
    Remember I said "leaning" Here is an article that he did for Reason Magazine. You can draw your own conclusions.

Reason Mag Article

WOW, WHAT A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE IT WOULD MAKE IF WE HAD A DEMOCRAT PRESIDENT AND A REPUBLICAN VICE PRESIDENT!

Are you people serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Neil
    He's not.

He appeared to be 5 years ago, but he is certainly not now.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturday Fever
    Gary Nolan in 04.
    So he'll have two votes from WBB.

That's probably representative of how he'll do in the general election, unfortunately.

Kerry needs to stop waffling. Oh, wait. He can't.

T is right, if Kerry wants to win the election he needs to ONLY discuss what Bush II is doing wrong, and point out the (obvious) discrepancies, lies, etc.

If Kerry tries to talk about his own positions, he's got no chance.
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Stagg
    So he'll have two votes from WBB.
    Make that three.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

Of course, given the fact that our current president was supremely selected, it wouldn't surprise me in the least that on the off chance Nolan won, the electorates wouldn't vote for him anyways, and we'd get stuck with Bush again.

That's all just gossip though, since people won't give Nolan the time of day unless he's on TV.