The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why Low Carb Diets Are Bad

This was taken from naturalstrength.com.

Zero Carb Diets
    To me, anyone on a zero carb diet is just showing his stupidity. What fuel do you think your brain burns? Have you ever heard of the Krebs Cycle? ..Energy Systems...ATP ..or fast twitch (type 2b) muscle fiber? If you believe in zero carbs you obviously have not and have no clue. When you strength train you burn carbohydrates as fuel. Your body can not compensate for poor fuel. If you are out of gas and are inadequately fueled, you are not capable of training hard and are doomed to fail. You can get all the rest and recovery you want, be mentally focused, and eat lots of protein but you will still feel weak and tired if you do not have enough glycogen storage in your muscles and liver. You will not make it through your workout. Complex carbohydrates are essential to your training success : don't be fooled by the quackery.

If you don't believe me, go to a registered dietician for advise. Do not go to a health food store for advise. This is the LAST place you should be asking questions. There you will more than likely find a Greatfull Dead listening, dope smoking high school drop out making minimum wage at the counter. Do not ask him for advise!! Do not read the mega hype muscle mags for advise. Do not go to your gym for advise on nutrition either as they are no better. Do not ask a bodybuilder for advise, do not ask your chiropractor for advise, do not ask your friend for advise, do not ask your bartender for advise, do not ask your personal trainer for advise. See a Registered Dietician. Get it!
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

That guy obviously has no clue what he is talking about, what an idiot.

hey...i worked at a health food store. And i hate the Grateful Dead.

incidentally, breast milk has very few carbs, but nursing babies don't seem to be retarded.

And I don't think there is a diet out there that advocates zero carbs either.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

BIG BOI
    Originally posted by Cackerot69
    i was thinking the same thing.

bone crusher
    Originally posted by Cackerot69

well actually he does... if he's speaking about a weight lifter using an adkins diet for reasons you covered in your excellent article cackerot

But i doubt he can be speaking of a ckd/tkd as they aren't zero carb diets.

Nobody uses an SKD while training, if they do they deserve the consequences, lol.

The registered dietician part killed me, too.

I chuckled when I saw the Dietician part.
    Dieticians suck except for Beercan.
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

bone crusher
    you should go ask the guy at the local GNC for advice...

*Looks at Belial.

Haha.
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

The Art of Judo

Not everyone who works at nutrition stores is stupid or doesn't know what they are talking about.

WannaSeeAbs Member
    some are ......

most are......
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

The Art of Judo

This lady at my local Vitamin World is like 50. She doesn't know jack. I know more then all of the employees, but I'm not 18, so I can't work there. !!!!! fook 'em all!

bone crusher
    Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy

sure he does. Nice and slow...ahhh yeah...

lmao

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    LOL

Beercan is the only dietician I know who tells people to eat anything and everything. Hehe
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 535 SQ 300 BE 570 DL.....1400 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    545 SQ 305 BE 585 DL

Re: Why Low Carb Diets Are Bad

Originally posted by Maki Riddington

If you don't believe me, go to a registered dietician for advise. Do not go to a health food store for advise. This is the LAST place you should be asking questions. There you will more than likely find a Greatfull Dead listening, dope smoking high school drop out making minimum wage at the counter. Do not ask him for advise!! Do not read the mega hype muscle mags for advise. Do not go to your gym for advise on nutrition either as they are no better. Do not ask a bodybuilder for advise, do not ask your chiropractor for advise, do not ask your friend for advise, do not ask your bartender for advise, do not ask your personal trainer for advise.
    Hmm...he seems to know a lot about giving advise. Too bad its ADVICE, you idiot.

Dieticians...you mean the same dietician who told me to have 2 tbsp of peanut butter as my protein servings for lunch?

Originally posted by the doc
    you should go ask the guy at the local GNC for advice...
    *kick*
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Fat Customer books an appointment with beercan to lose weight.

Fat Customer: "Hi beercan. How can I lose weight?"

Beercan: "Lose weight???? BULK you Fing lil pansy! Now get out of my store and your $50 bill will be sent in the mail."
    "They will spend their nights dreaming of six-pack
    abs and a rock hard physique, little do they realize eventually we will reach
    our goal and they will be dreaming of the body we walk around with every
    dayÖonly then will they understand." -- Severed Ties

"There are 6 billion people in this world, and I'm #1." -- me

Haha.
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

The Art of Judo

lmao at Jane with an attitude.

Hmm...he seems to know a lot about giving advise. Too bad its ADVICE, you idiot.
    actually, in english speaking countries that were former british colonies (including britain itself) spell advice with a "s" instead....organize is spelt "organise", realize is "realise", etc...
    porkchop 2001 (c)

The article is not so crapy but it doesn't tell us the whole truth.

You need carbohydrates to have an optimal thyroid function.

Ok,but that doesn't mean that we need carbohydrates every day or/and in every meal.Some smart persons were able to discover a way where we could eat carbohydrates and take all the good advantages they can offer us,like optimal thyroid function,muscles building etc. but without the bad results like high insulin levels and thus fat storage etc.

So,at last this article includes a small part of the truth.

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    I'm an advocate of the 0% fat, 0% protein, 100% carb diet.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

3:16
    low cals diets are bad as i like food with carbs in them.