The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    the kid from oz

why am i always tired

recently ive begun back at school after taking a year off and not doing very much at all - sleeping mostly. but now i have found myself to be extremely tired all the time, so tired i can barely drag myself out of bed in time to make it to school on time.
    my days are fairly hectic - i go to school from 9-4 then either gym or basketball or work every night i only have 1 night off during the week.
    i get about 9 hours sleep every night 10.30 - 7.30 most people say you only need about 8
    but why am i so tired? is there anything to take that makes you not as tired?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Make sure your diet is balanced, taking a multivitamin is always a good idea. If you play basketball all day and workout then you're going to be tired after those activities.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

Just one last rep!
    HahnB is right on the vitamins.

Maybe try sleeping a little less. If I sleep much more than 7.5 hours I wake up very tired and just seem to drag all day. It kind of depends on your rem sleep patterns and length. Try an hour less for a few days. Some people need only 7 hours.

You really need to find the right length of time that coencides (sp?) with the 3rd rem sleep I think. If you go to bed at the same time every night do you wake up at say 12:30 or 1:00? That's the first then maybe at 3 or 3:30. That might be an indicator of your rem sleep pattern. Then figure out when the next cycle ends. Just after that is when you should wake up. Just theory.

Which came first, the chicken or the egg? I really don't give a **** I'm gonna eat em both!
    Height: 69" Weight: 205 BF% about 15
    Chest: 47 Biceps: 16.5
    Waist: 34 Thigh: 26
    Calves: 16.5 Neck: 16.25
    Wrist: 7 Ankle: 8.5
    Main Supplements are: Various proteins (200-250g/day) Aminos, Glutamine, Creatine, Vitamins. Best way to put on muscle? Lift as heavy as possible. Consume lots of protein and carbs around workout. Biggest weakness is hamstring and lower back. Working on DL.

Journal in progress

Quote Originally Posted by bigedge
    recently ive begun back at school after taking a year off and not doing very much at all - sleeping mostly. but now i have found myself to be extremely tired all the time, so tired i can barely drag myself out of bed in time to make it to school on time.
    my days are fairly hectic - i go to school from 9-4 then either gym or basketball or work every night i only have 1 night off during the week.
    i get about 9 hours sleep every night 10.30 - 7.30 most people say you only need about 8
    but why am i so tired? is there anything to take that makes you not as tired?
    All of what is said about is good info something you might not be thinking about is this...

Try to time your sleeping so that you sleep in 90 min intervals. Studies show that we go through cycles during sleep each cycle of sleep last for 90mins. So in other words if do not lay down for bed until 10:30 chances are your not falling asleep until 10:50 or maybe later. Throwing off you 90min cycle. A good example of this is when you wake up in the morning about 20 min before your alarm goes off and you go back to sleep, when your alarm finally does go off you feel more tired then you did when you first woke up. Just something to keep in mind. Hope this Helps
    Being small with Neuromuscular strength is good but being BIG with Neuromuscular strength is better!

any weightgain?
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

Quote Originally Posted by LuvDaPump
    HahnB is right on the vitamins.

Maybe try sleeping a little less. If I sleep much more than 7.5 hours I wake up very tired and just seem to drag all day. It kind of depends on your rem sleep patterns and length. Try an hour less for a few days. Some people need only 7 hours.

You really need to find the right length of time that coencides (sp?) with the 3rd rem sleep I think. If you go to bed at the same time every night do you wake up at say 12:30 or 1:00? That's the first then maybe at 3 or 3:30. That might be an indicator of your rem sleep pattern. Then figure out when the next cycle ends. Just after that is when you should wake up. Just theory.

What do you mean about waking up at 12:30 or 1? Most people sleep without waking up until the morning?

Quote Originally Posted by Tryska
    any weightgain?

Tryska thyroid detective on the case
    Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal.These things are for lesser men.Protect the weak against the evil strong.And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil."

live by the code

well you start with the obvious, but least likely reasons first and narrow down from there.

Just one last rep!
    When I mean wake up at 1 or whatever I mean to pee. Who doesn't pee for 9 hours? Maybe dehydration is the problem. Some people do wake up very breifly after rem sleep I think. Not every night of coarse but sometimes. From what I've read most folks sleep in 2.5-3 hour cycles. I wish I could find the research but don't have time.

search 'sleep cycles'

Which came first, the chicken or the egg? I really don't give a **** I'm gonna eat em both!
    Height: 69" Weight: 205 BF% about 15
    Chest: 47 Biceps: 16.5
    Waist: 34 Thigh: 26
    Calves: 16.5 Neck: 16.25
    Wrist: 7 Ankle: 8.5
    Main Supplements are: Various proteins (200-250g/day) Aminos, Glutamine, Creatine, Vitamins. Best way to put on muscle? Lift as heavy as possible. Consume lots of protein and carbs around workout. Biggest weakness is hamstring and lower back. Working on DL.

Journal in progress

i don't pee until i wake up in the morning.

i do get what you mean about sleep cycles tho. and you may have a point. he might also have sleep apnea.
    Last edited by Tryska; 03-17-2004 at 09:10 AM.

I wannabebig!
    i always wake up in the middle of the night to pee...

Shaver of Secret Places baldguy's Avatar
    Check your diet. Most college kids have a lousy diet. Eat more often. Eat better. Take a multivitamin. If you're doing all that and still tired, go see a doc. It could be blood sugar, blood pressure, stress, thyroid, mononucleosis, almost anything.
    -Baldguy

Newest member of the WBBB

If God is a woman, he better wear a thong.

Hookt on foniks wurkd for me.

arguing over the internet is like competing in the special olympics, even if you win, you're still a retard...
    -BigCorey

If you feeling desperate and feel like an 'alternative' theory, dont sleep with any electrical things, cellphones pc's etc, close to your bed.

Just a suggestion, dont know if it has any credability. Desperate Measures!

I sweat too much..
    It could be depression.....Just my 2c
    The Yin and the Yang.
    - Eat until you puke, then eat some more...
    -----------------------
    5'10
    185 lbs.
    Bench: Working on it...12-13%bf

* Looking for 190 by May...