Thread: Cardio Equipment

Cardio Equipment

For those of you that workout at the gym what types of cardio equipment do you use and what have you found to be the most effective piece of equipment for expending calories?
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

the elliptical trainer on both counts (well if you believe the digital displays). they seem to burn about twice the calories a treadmill does. not sure about the stair steppers, but they are out because they don't have a little tray for me to put my book on. and the bikes make my butt hurt.

the rower is good if your gym has one.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

I've also found the eliptical trainers to be pretty decent.
    Same goes with the stair climber.
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

The elliptical trainer the thing that makes you look like the road runner?

If it is; those seem to be one of the best pieces of equipment. Especially for those who have joint problems.

WannaSeeAbs Member
    yeah i like that too...... It doesnt seem to stress to much on your knee's as the stair climber....

my favorite is that one they are talking about and umm

treadmill,than stationary bike...

I love my punching bag man..

do 4 rounds at 3:00 each.. and your dead.

well, I am..

I am working my way up to 5 rounds soon
    Stay Down With The

Runnin' with the Hatchet.. like WHUT?!?

Yup, nothing like smacking the heavy bag around. That will drain ya right quick!
    Maki Fit Blog

"Soli Deo Gloria"

The Art of Judo

WannaSeeAbs Member
    okay that last post didnt sound right tuttut

add that in with jumping around..

I wonder how many calories that burns

I do 30 mins on a bike, and thats nothing compared to 12 mins on the heavy bag.
    Stay Down With The

Runnin' with the Hatchet.. like WHUT?!?

Intervals on the heavy bag and speed bag.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Have any of you tried the rowing machine? It's pretty cool only it would be better if I were out on an actual lake.
    I prefer my cardio at home punching dummy(it's like a punching bag only it's shaped like a person but its got "skin" its sick).
    "In the grand scheme of things, both things are quite superficial(obsessed with being muscular&ripped and incredibly strong). And yet lifting can teach you so much. My time at the gym--at least when I'm lifting--is invariably the high-point of my day. There aren't any questions; I almost don't even think. I go into an almost meditative trance-like state. Day-to-day worries become insignificant. I'm focused solely on the weight, and my reason for existence is clear. To move the bar and to improve on what I accomplished last time. Seldom are things so simple." - Blood&Iron

"Most people cannot understand what burns in our blood, the gym is our addiction and iron is our drug. People don't understand why we commit hours a day to a goal where progress is so small it seems immeasurable, why we do cardio instead of watch TV, why eat 6 meals a day, why we insist on ordering diet soda or how we can drink skim milk. Most people will simply never grasp why we refuse to settle for a mediocre body." - Severed Ties

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    Define this cardio you speak of??
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 535 SQ 300 BE 570 DL.....1400 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    545 SQ 305 BE 585 DL

Like a punching bag...its the shape of a person looks like a person and you can beat the crap outta of it...I do 2 minutes rounds and rest 1 minute. repeat till you fall over.
    "In the grand scheme of things, both things are quite superficial(obsessed with being muscular&ripped and incredibly strong). And yet lifting can teach you so much. My time at the gym--at least when I'm lifting--is invariably the high-point of my day. There aren't any questions; I almost don't even think. I go into an almost meditative trance-like state. Day-to-day worries become insignificant. I'm focused solely on the weight, and my reason for existence is clear. To move the bar and to improve on what I accomplished last time. Seldom are things so simple." - Blood&Iron

"Most people cannot understand what burns in our blood, the gym is our addiction and iron is our drug. People don't understand why we commit hours a day to a goal where progress is so small it seems immeasurable, why we do cardio instead of watch TV, why eat 6 meals a day, why we insist on ordering diet soda or how we can drink skim milk. Most people will simply never grasp why we refuse to settle for a mediocre body." - Severed Ties

Way below radar
    Somewhere between cognitive dissonance and the egocentric dilemma
    If I have to do cardio indoors, I like Spinning class...intervals and variations of resistance make for a kick-ass workout. I like to run, so I also use the treadmill, although it's much easier to run on a treadmill than on a stationary surface (that relative velocity thing).

I occasionally use the elliptical machine for variety, but I have to really crank up the incline and resistance to get my heart rate up where it is when I run.

The rowing machine is a good option too...arms and legs are working and it's a different motion...I always feel it in my glutes and hams when I stand up.

I could give all to Time except - except
    What I myself have held. But why declare
    The things forbidden that while the Customs slept
    I have crossed to Safety with? For I am There,
    And what I would not part with I have kept.

--Robert Frost

interval on the treadmill
    upper chest freak