Thread: hearing joints cracking..

hearing joints cracking..

i know this cant be good. before it was just whenever I stretched or something. Now whenever i move I can hear something cracking.. The places it happens the most are the right elbow, my rists and shoulders.. what should I do? is there any supplement that help with that. and are these early signs of arthritis?

No they are not early sign of arthritis. Its just a little bit of air in the joints that is being expelled or something. Its really nothing to worry about unless it starts hurting. Glucosamine/chondroitin might be something to take for your joints. I've been taking it for a while now but my joints still crack and pop.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

yeah my sternum, wrists and shoulders crack and pop often whenever i stretch or just move around. the only thing that concerns me is my wrists. sometimes it sounds like rocks are grinding together or something

MilliVanilli
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeYield
    No they are not early sign of arthritis. Its just a little bit of air in the joints that is being expelled or something. Its really nothing to worry about unless it starts hurting. Glucosamine/chondroitin might be something to take for your joints. I've been taking it for a while now but my joints still crack and pop.

To go along with what he said in a little more detail...the cracking you hear is actually air bubbles in the fluid surrounding the joint, being popped. Its normal to have some cracking because our bodies are imperfect but unneccesary cracking...like cracking of your fingers for relief...could be detrimental to your joints. If you're applying enough pressure on the joint to pop all the air bubbles in the fluid around it, you are certainly applying enough pressure on the joint to potential damage it.

Glucosamine is a supplement that swears that it helps will joint pain and such, I take it rarely because honestly I don't think it does anything for me.