Thread: Weight Switching Directions

Weight Switching Directions

About a month ago I started on a slow bulk. I have been trying to eat as clean as possible during this bulk, and I have been consuming about 2250-2500 calories a day. This allowed me to gain about .5 pound a week for the first three weeks. I decided to keep this caloric intake, because I felt that I was seeing the best muscle gain while keeping fat gain down. Well this weight gain stayed constant for the first 3 weeks, but in the past week it has reversed itself. I have eaten just as much or maybe even a little more this week, but over the last week I have lost 1.5lbs. Do ya'll have any suggestions on what could be going on?

2250-2500 is more of a cutting intake than bulk intake. Even for a slow bulk. You have to remember that you will also burn cal when you lift and slowly after so that 2250 can drop to below 2000. I'd say up to 2500-3000. That way, you probably won't drop below 2000 on any given day.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

See what happens next week, could have been a water fluctuation. Its not likely you lost 1.5lbs on the same calorie level that youve been gaining...
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

I wannabebig!
    as you gain weight, remember you need to eat more to keep gaining... try adding an additional 200 or so calories to see where that takes you and adjust accordingly.

Wannabebig Member
    There is one thing I dont understand. HOW do you take an accurate weight measurement weekly/monthly?

I know that ive weighed myself before and I know what my weight is for the most part, but when your talking .5 pound difference? All I can think of is 1) if you have any clothes on, it makes a difference in weight; and 2) when is the last time you ate? and how much did you eat? Or what if you weighed yourself after taking a big **** and peeing alot? Would this play a big factor in weighing yourself? It would make seeing if you gained/lost .5 lbs difficult, wouldnt it?
    Last edited by NateWheeler; 03-17-2004 at 02:27 PM.

Grasshoppa
    Then just be consistent if you're going to gauge it that way.

For example, weigh yourself every Monday morning before you eat anything and completely naked.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

I wannabebig!
    Then just be consistent if you're going to gauge it that way.

For example, weigh yourself every Monday morning before you eat anything and completely naked.
    like he said... or with undies :o same day each week right after you wake up and after you pee then you wouldn't need to worry about clothes, if you took a dump??? why do you guys have to make things so complicated.

Not that it really matters, but for clarification, I way every Wed. morning, after takin a leak, before breakfast, with nothing on. That's about as accurate as I can make it.