The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Lift on Empty Stomach

Started a new routine today, due to a new job.

Is it OK to lift in the morning when I wake up, on an empty stomach? I have no time to eat, wait and lift.

I have eaten and lifted right after before.. puking all over the place.

I have eaten, waited 30 mins and lifted and was fine.. but I don't have enough time to do that as well.
    Stay Down With The

Runnin' with the Hatchet.. like WHUT?!?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I think it's probably a personal thing, but I wouldn't be able to do that. Especially in the morning. I don't think you get in good work outs due to lack of energy. Try it out and see how it works I guess.

Continuously Dangerously
    i do morning workouts sometimes. i just pop a couple ripped fuels and have as good a workout as i would have after eating.

Wannabebig Member
    try taking something differnet every day for a week and see how you like it- keep it small- i like empty stomach, but I also like a 20gr. protein shake inwater- you can try a banana, or an apple- once you find out what works- stick with it....

lifting on an empty stomach = tuttut

try to swallow something before you lift man.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

I personally have to eat before i lift, if i dont i get light headed and sometimes little dizzy. Some dudes I know have no problem lifting on an empty stomach. Just a matter of what your body can handle, but if you can, i think you should maybe get up a half hour early and swallow somew food.

I lift in the morning on an empty stomach...I pop half a dose of xenadrine which usually will curb any hunger pangs and then drink quite a bit of water before hand which will leave you feelin a bit bloated as well...then I just lift and don't think of food much...after workout I'm famished though so that's when I feast.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

BIG BOI
    i use to go every morning right after i woke up to the gym. wait for my cousin. and hit it hard...ran home to drink my shake...after some pretty good gains....in about 6 months i started to drink a little shake before working out....didnt really noticed a difference but thats just me

what I use to do was eat one packet of oatmeal before leaving to the gym. this works well to give some type of energy thru your workout.

I can't do much of anything on an empty stomach. I get extremely low blood-sugar and pass out. I don't see how anyone could lift without eating. Don't you feel like you have less energy?
    "Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you."

"Know thyself."

BIG BOI
    not really...for me when im working out the hunger goes away. so im not thinking about eating...im thinking about all the fine mamacita up in here!

I agree with Tryska... try to get somethin down man. If all it is is a banana blended with some protein then by all means do it. Just make sure you try to have some food in ya before lifting. Remember, when you lift your body can't use fat for fuel. So, no carbs to use, it'll turn to muscle protein for energy.

"Success is never behind you, it is always, always in front of you."

why not drink an mrp gradually while you're training?

drink plenty water too, obviously - like i need to tell you that...
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]