The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Importance of fruit and vegetables

How important is it to eat fruit and vegetables, and is there any benefit to eating them during a cut specifically? What fruits/vegetables would you consider the best? Even though I take vitamins would I still benefit from fruits/vegetables?

So far, from what I have gathered, a diet should be high in protein, have some carbs, and plenty of fats, fish oil, peanut butter etc, but I hear nothing of fruits and vegetables really.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

they are important. probably more important on a cut, sine they are good to fill up on when cutting without getting too many calories.

just eat a variety.

yes

fruit & vegetable are often considered as carbs sources along with grains & beans. you should get a variety of these sources.

I tend to shy away from fruit when cutting, because of the fructose content.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

Like Spartacus has said veggies are good for filling you up with negligible calories. Green leafy ones are also reasonable sources of protein so I'd say Broccoli is one of the best choices.

Fructose gets a bit of a bad rep because it preferentially refills liver glycogen rather than muscle, however bear in mind that this is one of the body's primary determining factors as to whether its in an anabolic/catabolic state.

260(-62) from 193 from 275
    if you don't regularly eat raw fruits & vegetables you're missign an entire category of nutrients: phytonutrients

these are not vitamins or minerals

it is estimated that there are 100,000 of them in nature and science has only named about 500 of them

it's so easy to get...

1 salad a day (3 cups is 6 servings)

1 fruit smoothie (2-5 servings depending on bodymass)
    Last edited by Holto; 03-20-2004 at 12:02 PM.