The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Pumping Iron

Get Big!!!

Pumping Iron

So I watched "Pumping Iron" for the first time today. How come I didn't see one stretch mark on any of those guys??? I mean for real. They are huge.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

That's odd, because I've never thought about that (with oldschool bodybuilders.)

Not everyone gets them though. I've gained over 100 pounds and not gotten one.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

How much you weighin now Chase?
    Southern Pride !

BCC, not one single strechy? maybe they all gather some place a little funny, hehe
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

I also wondered about this. I think the fact Arnold trained while he was in his teens and growing has something to do with it. The same for BCC.

Yeah, I'm sure when you are younger your skin has much more elasticity than when you get older. But then again, these guys are bulking/cutting with pretty large fluctuations in bodyweight well into their later years. So not too sure on that.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Get Big!!!
    I gained 60 lbs and have noticable stretch marks in my arm pit/bicep area, but I never see them on those old school huge guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock
    BCC, not one single strechy? maybe they all gather some place a little funny, hehe
    LMAO

-LP
    I got myself some very serious dark deep stretch marks in the middle of puberty.

I have them. I have em on my arms, shoulders, lats, and legs. NONE on my belly however.

i dont have any, but my hairy ass back could be covering a few up
    6'6" 235
    Follow me on Twitter!
    My Artist page
    Creatine is Overrated Social Group
    supplements are used to supplement!!
    "why do i train so hard? so i can play harder!"
    -kobe bryant

I've got some on my legs... probably on my ass too.

I've got long deep ones above my armpits. I'm 18 and haven't even gained 30 pounds. It's probably mostly genetic.

I wondered the same thing about arnold until I bought a magazine a few years ago that had several pictures of him... one was of him doing pullups (black and white pic) and he had very noticable stretchmarks along the edge of his chest and all down around his armpits and down his sides. the only picture i have ever seen where you could see them though.... maybe they have a way of covering them up or something

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    I used to be helluva fat. Got HUGe stretch marks, all across my stomach in long 4-6 inch vertical lines across my belly. They've almost gone away but they probably wont for a long time. They're just like scars now, flesh colored, not big and purple.

I've been bulking and cutting for what, two years? A lot of the stretch marks by my armpits have actually 'reopened' and are huge and hideous. I have tons of stretchmarks on that part of my body partly due to my delt and pec genetics.

BTW, Arnold had stretch marks. If I can locate the picture in his Encyclopedia I'll post the page number here, maybe somebody could scan it and point it out.

The conclusion we can make from our short study here, is that people with a higher fat percentage gets more stretchmarks than people who gain their muscle with a pretty bf.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

I would imagine bulking up slowly also helps to not get stretch marks.

I also agree with Rock.

So i just watcced Pumping Iron in full this morning. man, Arnold's an ass. just not a very nice person. but it did get me motivated to go pump some iron myself. also - i cna't believe how much plastic surgery nd botox that man has had. he's looking kind of like the joker these days.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

I first saw pumping iron a coupleof years ago, but recently got the pumping iron dvd the other day.

All I have to say is Arnold is the MAN. He is awesome in the film, his confidence is awesome and his physique in my opinion is the best physique I have EVER seen.

Tryska, did you watch the making? Its quite interesting... Arnold was asked to play up for the camera, Louie's Father NEVER trained him before the film, it was just put together to make better viewing. Same goes for the Ken Waller and Mike Catz stuff.

However I still think Arnold was ace in the film.
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

I think I jynxed myself in this thread.

Found my first stretch mark last week lol.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

did you find a strechmark chasey?

and hulk - i sorta watched it - i picked up that a lot of it was edited to make this struggle between arnie and lou. but while watching the original i was more sympathetic to lou and found arnie to be the antagonist, not the hero. but then again i've always had a soft spot for alou anyway - i mean he was the hulk.

I have one starting in my armpit

It was a dot last week when I found it. And now it's becoming a line.

eh....stretchmarks are a sign of progress. be proud of them.

I got like 5 of em under my ass and my hammie's. I used to have one on my armpit, but it has since gone away. Squats have been killer on my trunk!

Arnold also had a nice tan, I don't know if that has anything to do with anything, but it may have helped to cover up stretches.
    Weight: 194.0 lbs.Height: 5' 11"
    Raw PR's 425/340/534
    Goals for '10:
    Put on size and git Strong(er)
    Raw Goals: 450 Squat, 365 Bench, 570 Deadlift

"Weak points come from not doing the things you suck at doing." -Dave Tate