Thread: Cardio and Lifting Q!

Tiredly going Insane

Cardio and Lifting Q!

Okay im following the MaxOT course right now and im having really good results. IM also on a cutting diet and i have track every day. My question involves the track part. Since i have to run and do full spritns 5 days a week, will that hinder my gains in strength? I mean my bench press went up 20 pounds in one week and my squat went up 30 somethin pounds (im not a newbie ive been trianing for about 2 years but started with creatine also). Im jus not sure if the track is a good thing for me because it does help me lose weight, or if it is a bad thing if it will hinder my strength gains.

Is it a track team? If that's the case, it's not like you cna just stop.

Train to be a better athlete, if that's your goal.

Yes, running that often will probably slow down your gains, but that's OK, because the lifting might help you get faster, stronger, and keep you injury free, right?
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.