Thread: Engineering Math Question ( Laplace ).

Engineering Math Question ( Laplace ).

We are doing Laplace transformations in my math class now, we started it about 1 week ago, I never really understood it, and the way my book explains it don't really make sense. I was wondering if anyone that is on this board knows a nice, simple, way of explaning it to me kThxBye

One crazy MOFO/Mail man
    Your taking something in the time domain and converting it into the frequency domain. t is a time variable and s is a frequency varible... Never liked laplace never will but it is a good tool if you do alot of EE stuff.
    w00t

Quote Originally Posted by GonePostal
    Your taking something in the time domain and converting it into the frequency domain. t is a time variable and s is a frequency varible... Never liked laplace never will but it is a good tool if you do alot of EE stuff.
    Thanks man, I kind of understand it, I just freeze up and stuff when I try to do examples of them, I will just have to keep working on it I suspose. Still 3 weeks till finals

P.S. What type of engineer are you?

One crazy MOFO/Mail man
    Computer Engineer
    w00t

Quote Originally Posted by GonePostal
    Computer Engineer
    * Bows down *, I'm studying computer engineering!

One crazy MOFO/Mail man
    LOL i figured as much...
    w00t

hey GP, do you got MSN? I'd like to add you if you do :P PM me, or add me to your list. (Look under my avatar).

What’s a Heviside function? I know that it is a function that acts like a switch, say we have H(t-a) when we plt f(t) vs t on a graph, the graph will be f(t)=0 at all values before the a value, and when it reaches the value of a, it instanly jumps to a new value f(t). I kind of understand the theory behind it, but I do not see when I have to use it in problems, and how to excatly use it. :| This is so complex, lol. I think I need to get my butt away from the computer and gym, well, not the gym, but definitely the computer.