The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Banned

real quick question on cutting calories....

i forget..when your cutting is it 10 times bodyweight or 8?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

i read somewhere to go with 2g protein per pound of bodyweight and that equals 70% of ur diet...

the magazine said make it a 70/10/20 split (protein/carb/fat) ..

so if ya do the math.. (i weigh 210) so thats 420g protein.. 420gprotein= 1680kcals.....so that would be .70x=1680 ... that would be 2400 total kcals... then figure 10% for carbs is 240 kcals = 60g carbs... and 20% fat is 480 kcals = 53.3g fat...

all in all.. if it was my bodyweight i would go with 420g protein / 60g carbs / 53.3g fat with one cheat day so the system doesnt adapt....

im currently tryin this diet so if ya email me i'll let ya know how it works...

as for multiplying a number by bodyweight.. 2400/210 = 11.4 ... and i remember reading somewhere that cutting was supposed to be multiplied by 14 give or take for metabolism reasons...

hope that helped some... let me know how ur doin
    Jake Sullivan
    6' - 280lbs - 29yrs old - Professional Highland Games Athlete
    curently off-season
    HG training log = road to pro
    youtube channel = www.youtube.com/xtra0t

I wannabebig!
    a general guideline would be somewhere between 10-12x you could start at 12 and see where it takes you and adjust from there.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleJake
    i read somewhere to go with 2g protein per pound of bodyweight and that equals 70% of ur diet...

the magazine said make it a 70/10/20 split (protein/carb/fat) ..

so if ya do the math.. (i weigh 210) so thats 420g protein.. 420gprotein= 1680kcals.....so that would be .70x=1680 ... that would be 2400 total kcals... then figure 10% for carbs is 240 kcals = 60g carbs... and 20% fat is 480 kcals = 53.3g fat...

all in all.. if it was my bodyweight i would go with 420g protein / 60g carbs / 53.3g fat with one cheat day so the system doesnt adapt....

im currently tryin this diet so if ya email me i'll let ya know how it works...

as for multiplying a number by bodyweight.. 2400/210 = 11.4 ... and i remember reading somewhere that cutting was supposed to be multiplied by 14 give or take for metabolism reasons...

hope that helped some... let me know how ur doin

wait a minute, youre gonna acutually take 420g's of protein a day? lol, i didnt even know it was possible to do that much....that sounds like a aktins diet...is it one? i prefer low calorie diets, theyre just more convinient...and i hear that you need carbs for energy to work out...

yeah you can do it...its hard though.. take ephedra for energy.. make sure u keep ur fat up though (as i was told in another line).. i always forget about fat cuz i focus mainly on protein and carbs...

i read about that diet in a flex magazine.. i cant remember which issue though
    Jake Sullivan
    6' - 280lbs - 29yrs old - Professional Highland Games Athlete
    curently off-season
    HG training log = road to pro
    youtube channel = www.youtube.com/xtra0t

Quote Originally Posted by Focused
    i forget..when your cutting is it 10 times bodyweight or 8?
    Those guidelines are just that. In most cases they don't work either. You have to track your calories and cut the calories by 100-200 every week until you are losing at the desired rate. Trying to do it by bodyweight won't work because if you have more fat or more muscle it throws it completely off.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.