The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Testosterone results back

I didnt get to read the sheet, but she said my test level was 875. And it was very high. Normal she said for someone my age is 200-400.

My cholesterol was 166. Normal is 200
    Everything else was fine she said.
    FYI: I'm 6'1/189lbs fully clothed.

I do have whitecoat blood pressure though (160/78). lol. I get nervous in the drs office i cant help it. When I checked it 15min after the appointment at the pharmacy, it was 126/87.
    Last edited by Stabber; 03-11-2004 at 01:32 PM.
    Something has been taken from deep inside of me
    The secret Iíve kept locked away no one can ever see
    Wounds so deep they never show they never go away
    Like moving pictures in my head for years and years theyíve played

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Quote Originally Posted by Stabber
    I didnt get to read the sheet, but she said my test level was 875. And it was very high. Normal she said for someone my age is 200-400.
    I am glad that the blood work went well. Normal testosterone levels for your age are well above 200-400 ng/dl. Vermulen suggested defining androgen deficiency in younger persons at 320 ng/dl. One of the studies that I listed earlier (Sex hormones, ageing, ethnicity and insulin sensitivity in men, Simon, 1996) found a median value for your age group as listed in your profile at 697 ng/dl and 5-95 percentile range of 408-956 ng/dl. Note that many labs do not factor in age. For example, I get my blood work done with Unilab. They define a normal range of 241-827 ng/dl for all ages. This is well below the numbers listed earlier for younger persons since testosterone levels decline with age.

how old are you?

My cholesterol was 166. Normal is 200
    Everything else was fine she said.
    FYI: I'm 6'1/189lbs fully clothed.

I do have whitecoat blood pressure though (160/78). lol. I get nervous in the drs office i cant help it. When I checked it 15min after the appointment at the pharmacy, it was 126/87.
    Great to hear everything worked out for you.

thanks everyone.
    I am 23 by the way, turn 24 in 3 weeks

by the way guys, I've tried several routines, eating habits and intensity. I can only put minimal amounts of muscle on my body. You would think with a good test level like mine, I'd be able to do more. Oh well. Guess some people arent meant to be big. Hence the reason i'm on wannabebig.com

I'm big to the girls though. They love feeling my muscles.

by the way guys, I've tried several routines, eating habits and intensity. I can only put minimal amounts of muscle on my body. You would think with a good test level like mine, I'd be able to do more. Oh well. Guess some people arent meant to be big. Hence the reason i'm on wannabebig.com

I'm big to the girls though. They love feeling my muscles.
    Hehe as long as the girls like it

Stabber have you increased your fat intake?
    Are you still having "problems" ??

I would be interested to know if it's possible to have too high a testosterone level (resulting in an uncontrollable libido).
    Last edited by Exnor; 03-13-2004 at 04:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exnor
    I would be interested to know if it's possible to have too high a testosterone level (resulting in an uncontrollable libido).
    I've read some research on high test causing increased agression and violent behavior. As far as uncontrollable, I'm sure we've all experienced it when we were 15-18. Those moments where you see a tv scene and run to the bathroom
    Last edited by Stabber; 03-13-2004 at 06:21 AM.

Yeah. I am not particularily aggressive I don't think, but I seem to have a powerful libido, and sometimes it can be quite disconcerting, especially while at work and trying to concentrate. The girls I talk with during my regular breaks from working are attractive and often wear revealing clothes which doesnt help a great deal...

I dont remember having this much trouble when I was a teenager. I think its quite possibly the combination of lifting and my hormones, mabye they have not quite settled yet. It may also explain my previous mild acne breakouts.

Once you get a hefty not so natural dose of testosterone, then you know what aggression and libido are.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

Hulking bulking bruiser Minotaur's Avatar
    That's only slightly high. Mine is around 700 (with replacement) at 46 y/o. 200-400 is not normal, for anyone. Stupid ****ing doctors!

Quote Originally Posted by Minotaur
    That's only slightly high. Mine is around 700 (with replacement) at 46 y/o. 200-400 is not normal, for anyone. Stupid ****ing doctors!
    I dont know mine in ng/dl but on the scale in which i got measured im 12 in an 8-33 range for all ages and at 19 that seems very low but the doctors wont take age into account and say that im in the range and that im too muscular to have low test. Too muscular for them maybe but not for a bodybuilder. Also i dont even shave properly but they say it doesnt matter!
    The 3 H's

Huge Eating
    Hard Training
    Heavy Sleeping

Hulking bulking bruiser Minotaur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxgain
    I dont know mine in ng/dl but on the scale in which i got measured im 12 in an 8-33 range for all ages and at 19 that seems very low but the doctors wont take age into account and say that im in the range and that im too muscular to have low test. Too muscular for them maybe but not for a bodybuilder. Also i dont even shave properly but they say it doesnt matter!
    That could be Free Testosterone. If it is, yes, that's low. Stupid ****ing doctors!

*lol* this isn't gonna turn into an endo rant is it?
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

by the way guys, I've tried several routines, eating habits and intensity. I can only put minimal amounts of muscle on my body. You would think with a good test level like mine, I'd be able to do more.
    Think big, Eat big, Get big.
    AUIU
    <=Real Sword, Fake Glow.
    ---
    Research that s*** up son. <me
    ---
    Gyno Rhino: "I think your cyber-game just sucks."
    ---
    Brawl: "Fill it with rocks , walk up to the sales dude and hit him in the face with it . When he falls down kick him in the neck and say " this stuff is junk "."

Brawl: "Or grab a bottle bust it on the table and stab him in his neck"

Quote Originally Posted by Maxgain
    There are two possiblities:

It could be total T measured in nmol/L (common unit of measurement in Europe). The 5-95 percentile range for your age is ~14-33 nmol/L .

It could be free T measured in pg/ml (ng/dl would produce too low numbers). The normal range for your age is ~15-40 pg/ml.

i got further blood tests taken and am to go back in 2 months but it looksas if it is the same they wont do anything. Does anyone know any studies or anything i can say to convince them it is too low for my age especially with the way i look after my health, train heavy compound movements and eat lots of fat as well as taking zma.
    The 3 H's

Huge Eating
    Hard Training
    Heavy Sleeping