The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Just getting started

Hey Everybody,

This is my first post and i want to introduce myself... Im just hoping you can help me out. I dont get too much support at my school weighroom but i want to start getting more mass. Well im 16, 5'10, 127 pounds and i have been working out every monday wednesday and friday for ~ month after my wrestling season now. I am just looking to build some more mass. I can actually see some results in definition already and growing out of being so skinny which i am known for. Well anyways... this year during wrestling season i wrestled at 119 pounds and had 5.6% body fat. I was just wondering if anybody had any tips on a diet or training program that would be wondeful. I greatly appreciate it!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

what i gathered from your post is that you are trying to gain. in order to gain, you must eat more than you are eating now. i don't know what your daily calories are so i can't give you a specific number to shoot for, but typically people bulk on 12-15 x bodyweight. at 127, that is about 1500-1900 cals/day. if that isn't working for you, then eat more. get adequate protein (no less than 1g per lb of bodyweight), sufficient fats, and the rest in carbs.

you might try the wbb 1 routine as a good start for a weight lifting regimen.
    Size is SEXY!

As long as there's raniali nudity, its all good. -- PMDL, my idol
    My God. I wish, if only for a day, i had hooters like that to play with. -- TCD, my other idol
    It is as stable as my mindset around your breasts. -- robboe
    Good god raniali....you have an amazing physique. -- JustinASU
    Whenever raniali posts in a thread, somebody is bound to get aroused, thats just the way it is. -- Y2A

~Anything worth doing at all IS worth doing well.~
    ~You all laugh because I am diFFereNt; I laugh because you're all the same.~
    ~Have no fear of perfection; you will never reach it. -- Salvador Dali, Diary of A Genius~

http://members.nuvox.net/~on.jwclymer/calorie.html

according to this BMR calculator your at 1600ish in a coma. so you probably need 1920 to maintain, ~2500 to gain 1lb a week

Quote Originally Posted by raniali
    typically people bulk on 12-15 x bodyweight. at 127, that is about 1500-1900 cals/day.
    That seems really low to me, I thought thats what most people cut on.
    Best Meet @ Lifts@181:...............Best gym lifts
    Squat...- 403..........................Squat....- 395 w/belt
    Bench...- 303..........................Bench....- 300....Paused in meet - 281
    Deadlift.- 503.....Unofficial 513...Deadlift..- 490
    Total....- 1,203...IPF Class II......All done raw, Touch'n go bench

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" Robert F. Kennedy

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he gives up"

"However beautiful the strategy you should occasionally look at the results" John Berardi

Powerlifting Westside Style

Banned
    most people arent 5'10" 127lbs...

I'm talking about the bw x 12-15
    Best Meet @ Lifts@181:...............Best gym lifts
    Squat...- 403..........................Squat....- 395 w/belt
    Bench...- 303..........................Bench....- 300....Paused in meet - 281
    Deadlift.- 503.....Unofficial 513...Deadlift..- 490
    Total....- 1,203...IPF Class II......All done raw, Touch'n go bench

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" Robert F. Kennedy

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he gives up"

"However beautiful the strategy you should occasionally look at the results" John Berardi

Powerlifting Westside Style

for me - i can gain weight on 15x bw so i sometimes forget to up that when talking to others.

Size is SEXY!

As long as there's raniali nudity, its all good. -- PMDL, my idol
    My God. I wish, if only for a day, i had hooters like that to play with. -- TCD, my other idol
    It is as stable as my mindset around your breasts. -- robboe
    Good god raniali....you have an amazing physique. -- JustinASU
    Whenever raniali posts in a thread, somebody is bound to get aroused, thats just the way it is. -- Y2A

~Anything worth doing at all IS worth doing well.~
    ~You all laugh because I am diFFereNt; I laugh because you're all the same.~
    ~Have no fear of perfection; you will never reach it. -- Salvador Dali, Diary of A Genius~