The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Setting up a meal plan for my gf..

ok so it's that time of the year. My gf is naggin bout her weight, the spring is just around the corner, and she's complaining about how she's gained too much weight over the past year

She's 5'6, 140 lbs, she is a fitness instructor and she has 6-7 classes a week, spinning and aerobics.

Now here is my question bout her diet. She wants to drop about 6-8 lbs in the coming weeks, and she wanted me to put up a diet for her. Any suggestions and opinions on this will be gladly appreciated.

Breakfast:
    A bowl of cereal with rasins and milk.

Brunch:
    2 slices of bread, a cup of salad and an orange.

Lunch:
    1 box Cottage Cheese
    1 fruit

Linner:
    1 can of tuna
    1 fruit + a glass of water

Dinner:
    1 chicken filet / 150 grams of beef / 150 grams fish with veggies.
    1 cup of yoghurt Icecream (I told her to drop it, but she just can't )

Before bed:
    1 box cottage cheese with nuts and a glass of orange juice

PS:
    Before her instructing classes I've told her to eat half a cup of rasins or a banana.

This is the diet plan for a day. I was thinkin about having her eat the same amount of kcals the next day, but different food. What changes could I make?

I am trying to cut down on the carbs as much as possible, increasing the protein intake. Not sure if there are enough fats in this diet though

Thanks in advance for the help
    Last edited by ThreeD; 03-28-2004 at 10:36 AM.
    -=-* Losers make excuses - winners make it happen *-=-

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

if she gets tired of the bread.. bagels are aright.. and they keep u full for a little while...

oatmeal does the same.. digests slow so u stay full longer...

make sure she eats the raisins or banana's 1/2 hour to 1 hour before the training sessions... or it will rumble around in there while shes training...

cereal should be like oat bran.. or granola.. or kashi... hi in fiber.. use skim milk or at least 2%...

1 box of cottage cheese? how much is that? ive never seen it come in a box before.. i just get it from krogers in a tub kinda thing... and i eat 1 cup at a time which equals 2 servings.. thast 26g protein 10g carb and 9g fat (i cant stand fat free cottage cheese.. sorry)

if she's gotta have frozen yogurt.. make it fat free and only immediately after her workout.. that way its aborbed before its too late in the day and wont go right to her hips while she sleeps.

the glass of water should be more than once a day.. she should drink between 1/2 gallon and 1 gallon throughout the day...

just tryin for helpful tips.. i hate dieting myself.. but its gotta be done.. striations are cool

btw.. if she gets tired of tuna.. add some lemon pepper and/or microwave it.. it takes the fishy taste away...
    Jake Sullivan
    6' - 280lbs - 29yrs old - Professional Highland Games Athlete
    curently off-season
    HG training log = road to pro
    youtube channel = www.youtube.com/xtra0t

I wannabebig!
    heh my girl doesn't care about how much weight she puts on typical diet

candy bar or cereal for breakfast
    cheeze its for lunch
    fast food for dinner

Wannabebig Member ruthlessGravity's Avatar
    for cereal, there is something called "Kashi go lean crunch" that has a lot of fiber and protein that can keep her satisfied through the day.