Page 10 of 285 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Won't Stop, Won't Quit, and Won't EVER Give Up!

Stash
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

AHHHH Yes! More SPAM!

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

I wannabebig!
    funny how your dads one sub can outdo the other peoples vehicles who were there to compete in the sound category haha.

Yea, we were pretty surprised as well. The only reason dad entered it was because the guys from the shop wanted to see how it hit. Dad was estatic(sp?) to say the least.

Recovery Day 14

Food:

Meal 1- 3 slices of Bacon, Oatmeal, Banana, Milk

Meal 2- Raisans, Nutri Grain Bar

Meal 3- Lean Hamburger, Hotdog, Baked Beans, Lowfat chips and salsa, Orange

Meal 4- Grilled Chicken, Nutri Grain Bar, OJ

Meal 5- Roasted Chicken Breast, Double Meat

Meal 6- Turkey and Ham, Double Meat

2 Fish Oil Caplets

Totals:

Calories- 3250
    Protein- 217grams
    Carbs- 401grams
    Fat- 77grams

Totals weren't that bad today. Carb levels were higher than usual as well as the calories. I kept my fat levels a little higher today, but still under the RMD. Overall not a bad day.

Today we celebrated Father's Day, because my dad will be working next weekend. I had eaten one hamburger, and I was getting ready to eat another when my mom looked at me and said "Guess how much fats in those hamburgers." The way she said it I knew it was going to be higher. She said that the ground turkey she put in them had 17grams of fat per 4oz. It kinda made me mad and I just tossed the burger back on the plate. Then I got drilled with questions of why I worry about the fat levels. My dad was like, it won't hurt you. When I responded that even though it won't hurt me, it won't help me reach my goals, my parents just looked at me. AHHHH, this junk just pisses me off sometimes. Oh well, I guess I'll have to get over it.

Pretty much no pain today except when I stretched a little too far. Swelling is still at the same level.

Quote of the Day: "Son, do you want some cheesecake? No mom, I think I'll just eat a orange."

ya i think my parents think im a faggot actually. Like sometimes ill make a comment about my symmetry or look in the mirror or whatever, and my dad just gives me these looks. He never says anything but i can tell he definetly wonders how the hell im his kid.

HAHA yea I know exactly what ya mean. I guess maybe it's cuz' I never really took care of myself in the past, and now that I'm taking such good care, I guess they think somethings wrong with me. I'll tell ya what though, as long as I stay out of trouble, and what I'm doing is good for me, they'll learn to live with it.

Ya i used to eat whatever and i was a complete fatass. So i kno just eating **** isnt working for me, so they must be the crazy ones right? Right? LOL

See the funny thing is, dad always talks about how he wants to lose weight, and put on some muscle, but he never listens to anything I say. I guess he's just not as serious about it as he says he is.

Fairly good Bi and Tri workout earlier today. Post details when I get back.

Recovery Day 15

Food:

Meal 1- Nitrean, Milk, Two Packs of Oatmeal, Banana

Workout

Meal 2- Banana, Protein Plus Bar

Meal 3- Roasted Chicken Breast, Double Meat

Meal 4- Turkey and Ham, Double Meat

Meal 5- 6oz Salmon, Baked Beans, Raisans

Meal 6- Spicy Chik Filet Sandwich, OJ

2 Fish Oil Caplets

Totals:

Calories- 3258
    Protein- 232grams
    Carbs- 404grams
    Fat- 73grams

Totals are up because of weekly weigh in (see below). Everything looked good. I'm surprised my fats stayed as low as they did with they added 250 calories. Overall good diet today.

Weekly Weigh In: 158.5lbs- Down 1lb from last week. I don't know how in the world I lost another pound. My calories were higher last week than any other time recorded in my journal. I can't think of any reason that I lost more weight. I'm upping my calories by 250 and see how this goes.

Workout- Biceps and Triceps

Biceps:

Lower Partial Barbell Curls:
    45lbs x 10
    55lbs x 10
    65lbs x 10

Upper Partial Barbell Curls:
    45lbs x 10
    55lbs x 10
    65lbs x 10 (+3 reps)

Dumbbell Alternating Curls:
    30lbs x 10
    30lbs x 10
    30lbs x 10

21 Curls:
    "21s" at 55lbs (+10lbs)
    "21s" at 55lbs (+10lbs)

Triceps:

One Arm Pushdowns:
    40lbs each arm x 10
    40lbs each arm x 10
    40lbs each arm x 10

Tricep Pushdowns:
    120lbs x 10
    130lbs x 10 (+10lbs)
    140lbs x 10 (+20lbs)
    150lbs x 10 (+30lbs)

Overhead Rope Tricep Extensions:
    50lbs x 15
    60lbs x 10
    80lbs x 5 (+10lbs)

Made some good gains on things. Even though my weight is down from last week, my strength seems to be up. Some of the gains are going to be chalked up to the fact that I can move better than last week, but still I feel that my strength has gone up. Not a bad session today, even though I didn't quite get that arm numbing burn from last week.

Felt some pain today, but that came from the fact that I had to mow the grass, and I kept getting bounced around on the lawnmower. Played some tennis today and was able to run around a little bit. I don't feel anything stretching unless I take long strides, so I just end up taking quick short strides. Overall not a bad day at all.

Quote of the Day: "Lawrence, Lawrence of what, Arabia? Only faggots and sailors are named Lawrence."

Recovery Day 16

Food:

Meal 1- Nitrean, Milk, 2 Packs of Oatmeal, Nutri Grain Bar

Meal 2- Chicken Breasts, Mashed Potatos, Half a Biscuit

Meal 3- Roasted Chicken Breast, Double Meat

Meal 4- Turkey and Ham, Double Meat

Meal 5- Spicy Chicken Sandwich

Meal 6- Turkey, Rice, Raisans

2 Fish Oil Caplets

Totals:

Calories- 3221
    Protein- 248grams
    Carbs- 380grams
    Fat- 73grams

Today's diet was pretty good. Pretty lean foods all the way around. Calories just slightly low, but not a big deal. Happy with everything today.

Workout- Grip and Forearms

Static Hold (Machine)-
    300lbs(full stack) x 60sec
    300lbs + two 25lb plates x 45sec
    300lbs + two 45lb plates x 21sec

Barbell Wrist Curls-
    65lbs x 10
    85lbs x 10
    95lbs x 10
    100lbs x 10

Didn't plan on working anything today, but met a friend at the gym so decided to do something besides sit around and joke with people. Just did a little work on some body parts that I don't usually work.

Overall today was pretty good. My wrap kinda hurt my stomach today, probably due to the fact that the wrap is starting to fold up on itself. It's time to get a new wrap. Didn't really feel any stretching today. We'll see how it goes tommorow during my chest workout. Swelling is still present, but not a big deal.

Seems like more and more people are coming up to me at the gym and asking me questions about my diet and workouts and all that. My dad goes to the same gym and it seems that he tells everyone that I know and endless amount of info. Luckily I can answer most people's questions, but I also told the guys today to check out this website.

Quote of the Day: "Highway to the Danger Zone, Take ya right in to the Danger Zone."

Selfproclaimed Fancy Pants wibble's Avatar
    Things are looking good in here man, nice workouts! I'm glad to hear the you're able to move around a little better, how long do you expect your recovery to take?

Movements pretty good right now. Swelling probably won't be completely gone for another month maybe. I don't think I can squat or deadlift until the swelling goes down, but I don't know for sure. I still have to talk to the doc about lifting legs and doing some pullups. I'll let everybody know the timeline she expects after I talk with her.

good luck with getting that swelling down

Thanks BigNic. I'm not really worried about the swelling, but I really want to start squatting and deadliftin' again.

mmm... discipline
    Nice progress Chubrock, good luck with the recovery. Lawrence of Arabia. lol. Wasn't that on Full Metal Jacket?

Rootin' for ya, Mr. Scotsman.

heh.

Stash
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

Spartan: Thanks man and yep you are correct. One of the greatest movies of all time.

Soba: Thanks for the encouragement man.

I talked to the doc earlier today. She told me that I could squat whenever I want to!!!! She said I don't need to be using a lot of weight though, just something to keep my muscles from losing everything. I'm stoked about this. She also said I could go back to my pullups and all that. She basically cleared me for everything but situps. I've got a trip coming up Sunday to Tenn. and I'm going to start back squatting when I come back. I'm going to get back on my full body routine when I return. I just want to give my body a little bit more recovery time.

I really need some suggestions for a good squat workout that won't involve me using heavy weight and going to failure. Any ideas?

I talked to the doc earlier today. She told me that I could squat whenever I want to!!!! She said I don't need to be using a lot of weight though, just something to keep my muscles from losing everything

im gonna start telling everyone that my doc said this also. So at least my pussy squatting will have an excuse

LOL hell your pussy squattin' is a good day for me.

Recovery Day 17

Food:

Meal 1- Nitrean, Milk, 2 Packs of Oatmeal, Banana

Meal 2- Spicy Chicken Sandwich, Nutri Grain Bar, Low Fat Chips

Meal 3- Grilled Chicken Sandwich, Banana

Meal 4- Roasted Chicken Breast, Double Meat

Meal 5- Chicken Supremes, Mashed Potatos, Raisans

Meal 6- Turkey and Ham Sub, Double Meat

Totals:

Calories- 3440
    Protein- 205grams
    Carbs- 471grams
    Fat- 81grams

Well everything except my protein was higher than usual. I know I had eaten a little more than I usually do, but I didn't realize my calories were that high. My carb levels were also extremely high. Oh well, one day won't kill me. Not too bad today.

Workout- Chest and Shoulders

Benchpress-
    135lbs x 9
    135lbs x 8

Negative Dips-
    BW x 10
    BW + 10lbs x 8

Dips-
    BW x 5
    BW x 7

Cable Crosses-
    40lbs x 10
    50lbs x 10

Hammer Strength Wide Chest (Combined Weight)-
    90lbs x 10
    140lbs x 10
    160lbs x 10
    180lbs x 6

Shrugs (Machine)-
    300lbs(stack) x 10
    300lbs + two 25lb plates x 10
    300lbs + two 25lb plates x 10

Machine Lateral Raises-
    100lbs x 10
    110lbs x 10
    120lbs x 10 (+10lbs)
    130lbs x 10 (+20lbs)

Plate Raises-
    45lb plate x 10
    45lb plate x 10
    45lb plate x 10

Pretty good workout today. Pretty happy that I could lay out on the bench. I didn't push myself to much, so I think I could have done more reps on my benchpress. Overall a pretty solid workout though, def. happy with it.

Also played some tennis today. Still getting used to my new racquet, but I'm starting to really hit the ball well with it.

Talked to the doc. A review of what was said can be found a couple of posts above this. Felt really good today. Great day overall.

Quote of the Day: "No lies, No sighs, I'm at a loss for words"- Underoath

Selfproclaimed Fancy Pants wibble's Avatar
    Nice workout man, glad to hear you can squat again! Just take it easy and try not to get overexcited.

AHAHA yea wibble. I'm going to wait another week or so before squatting again. Any ideas on a workout I could do for squats without really going to failure.

if i was you id just do whatever your normal routine is and just got 2 reps lower