Page 100 of 286 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 7133

Thread: Won't Stop, Won't Quit, and Won't EVER Give Up!

Lil Franco- Thanks bro. I've never cramped like this in the past, so I figure it's just a water issue. I only drank one bottle before going to play the 2.5hrs of full court, and didn't drink anything before going to BJJ, so I probably should've cramped like that. My elbow is feeling better today, but I'm going to rest it up until BJJ, so I can train tonight.

Risk- HAHA don't make me choke you out.

Coke- Yea I was taking ETS, but now I'm out, and money is getting low in the bank account, so I'm waiting until I get some more. I just figured I'd let it rest and it would probably be alright. We'll see. Thanks man.

Well I changed the workout I was going to do today around a bit this morning. I got right up out of bed, put on shoes and walked outside. Didn't really stretch or do any warmup before doing the workout. Workout was:

25 staggered squats (Left Foot Forward)
    25 staggered squats (Right Foot Forward)
    1/3 mile run
    25 staggered squats (LF FWD)
    25 staggered squats (RF FWD)
    1/3 mile run
    1/3 mile run

Time- 13:50

Comments-

Not THAT bad of a time. Really wanted to break 12 minutes, but the squats really hurt my time. CF had one of these back in June, but they used 1/4 increments instead of 1/3 increments for a mile. I believe I could turn out a faster time if I did the 1/4 mile increments, just because I can keep more of a fast run going. On the 1/3 mile I start out fast and then slow down gradually. The squats toasted me. I probably did at best, 1 squat every 2 seconds overall, which means at worst, my mile time was right at 7min. A truer estimate would probably be a 6:30 mile time and 7:20 for the 200 squats and breather btw the two. I really think if I had done this workout later in the day I could pull out another 2min and finish under 12:00. I had no fuel in me and was still stiff from bed. I'll give it a try sometime in a couple of weeks, when I actually do it the smart way, and see what I get.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

What happened to the bridges??????????
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

Planned on doing those, but when I got up, the grass outside was soaked, as it's rained down here pretty recently. I didn't feel like rolling around in the mud, so I subbed in another set of squats. Turns out, this was almost exactly what was posted on CF in June.

I'll hit up some extra bridges and stuff tonight at BJJ btw classes.

BJJ today consisted of more prep for the tourney. Had 3 6min matches. Lost one (instructor) and stale mated the other two. Rolled fairly good, though I lacked a bit of energy and my stomach hurt half the time. Overall a good night of rolling, but my elbow is aching again. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubrock
    Risk- HAHA don't make me choke you out.
    You more than likely would, you strong little bastard. Me? I'd just fart and squirm.

Sounds like you're doing well buddy.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Risk- Haha thanks man, but I've got a long way to go before being considered strong.

Nick- Thanks bro.

Weekly Weigh In- 173.6lbs. Hopefully I can maintain this until the weigh in Friday evening.

Been getting a lot of extra grappling in. It pays to have an instructor who is a best friend and ALWAYS wants to grapple. I've had class twice this past week, but grappled or covered some technique at least twice as many days with him. Tourney is a week away. I'm ready to go now and choke a bitch out. Looking at this tourney as just a gauge as to what I need to look at for future things. Not gonna worry myself at all about winning. Just wanna use this time like any other BJJ session, to gain more info about myself.

Planning on doing both heavy days this week, but then prolly only one light CF workout on Wed, and none on Thursday. Don't wanna be sore for the tournament.

Nice way to plan ahead beforehand...its getting right down to the wire now.

It'll be awesome to see how you go man. And yes, you are strong

no, i lift with this guy. he's a little girl. haha. i'm not gonna wrestle him tho. that stupid bastard.

Coke- Thanks bro, I'm ready to go.

Risk- Haha thanks man.

James- LOL can't convince you to grapple huh.

Workout- Rack Pulls

Location- Hometown Gym

Rack Pulls: 5in from ground

135lbs x 3
    135lbs x 3
    185lbs x 2
    225lbs x 2
    275lbs x 2
    285lbs x 2
    295lbs x 2
    305lbs x 2
    305lbs x 2

SLDL:

135lbs x 5
    155lbs x 2 (+20lbs)
    155lbs x 2 (+20lbs)
    155lbs x 2 (+20lbs)
    155lbs x 2 (+20lbs)
    155lbs x 2 (+20lbs)

Heavy Abs-

4 sets x 5

Overall a fairly good session at the gym. I've got some vid of the 295 set and 305 set. They felt really heavy, much heavier than my deads. I wonder what the reason for this is. Any suggestions? Overall a decent session.

BJJ-

Not a scheduled class. I went in there and rolled a bit with the instructor. Just messed around with some stuff. Got my ass beat. Great day.

Racks and stiffys are looking good. The 13:50 above on your CF workout is a nice time. I agree that if you cut it to 1/4 you would be quicker.

Damn those videos of yours take forever to download!!
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

Eric- Haha thanks man. Yea the clips are too long. I'll have to try something new next time.

Workout: Wide Grip Bench (New Grip)

Wider Grip Bench-

45lbs x 10
    95lbs x 5
    135lbs x 5
    155lbs x 5
    165lbs x 5
    175lbs x 5
    185lbs x 3

Weighted Chins-

BW x 5
    BW + 30lbs x 5
    BW + 30lbs x 5
    BW + 30lbs x 5
    BW + 30lbs x 5
    BW + 30lbs x 4.5

Lat Pulldown-

100lbs x 5
    150lbs x 5
    150lbs x 5
    150lbs x 5
    150lbs x 5

Overall a pretty good workout. I thought I'd try a new wider grip on bench. My strength def. dropped, but I may keep working with this grip and see how it goes. I could have gotten 5 I'm pretty sure, but lack of spotter caused me not to push too hard. Not a bad session. My lowerback is stiff tho, so I'm taking today and tomorrow easy so I can go into the tournament feeling much beter.

good benching.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

I hear you on the wide grip bench, I have my index on the outer rings now (on a 10x10) and I definately can't lockout as much!

Good and thorough work on both sessions bro...best of luck as you're heading into the comp.

Everything is looking strong bro. Good idea about taking 2 days off to let the back rest. You'll need it! Good luck at the comp and be sure to take some vids!
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

The vids were pretty cool eventhough it did take me over an hour to down load them. Nice benching. Now rest up for the comp!!!
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

Cp- Thanks man. I'm a lot weaker with the wider grip, but I'm going to give it a shot for awhile. It seems to put less stress on my elbows.

Risk- Damn bro, that's wide. I've got my pinky the smooth rings, and I consider that wide haha.

Coke- Thanks man.

Ant- Thanks bro. I'll be sure to take some video of me getting waxed in the first 5 seconds haha.

Eric- Thanks for downloading em man. I appreciate it.

Going to be doing a little technique tonight just to keep everything fresh in my head. I'll be heading out tomorrow right after classes. I'll try and get one more post in before I head out.

Wider isnt always better as i've learned, where is your hand located on the bar? solid work man!

best of luck at the tourney bro, I'm sure you will do fine since all you do is breathe eat and sleep BJJ..
    PRs
    bp-295x2, 225x15 squat-405x3
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

All hail mase, the king of homosexual reference. - xian
    Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

Fuzzy Pics 6/07 http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=98659

Yeah man you're up and coming in BJJ.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Kevin- Thanks man. I've gone to a pinky on the smooth rings width grip. Not wide for most people, but it's a good bit wider than I'm used to.

Mase- Thanks a lot man. As much as I eat, sleep, and dream BJJ, there a guys out there that have been doing this **** since they came out of the womb. Hopefully I'll put up a good showing. If not, I'll know what I need to work on.

Nick- Haha thanks bro.

Good luck with the tourney man! You've got a great attitude going into it.