Page 103 of 286 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 7140

Thread: Won't Stop, Won't Quit, and Won't EVER Give Up!

Dammit.
    Last edited by Chubrock; 01-23-2006 at 08:24 PM.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

great job on the prs!
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Nice work with the deads bro!!
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

Sweet stuff on them deads, dude is raising up -

Nick- Thanks bro. The deadlifting gods smiled down on us today haha.

Munchkin- Thanks man.

Stack- Thanks man.

Kevin- Thanks bro.

Cp- Thanks man.

Eric- Thanks man.

Coke- Haha thanks big guy. I'm trying.

Today is an upperbody day. Don't really know what I'm going to do for my focus lift. I'm stuck between either heavy CGBP, or heavy Bench. I suppose I'll decide fairly soon.

Heavy close grips man!

...trust

Haha alright Kevin. I'll trust you....this time lol.

kevin you suck. now i'll have to do this crap. curses

Shot just a lil ball before working out.

Workout: Heavy CGBP

CGBP (4-5inches apart)-

45lbs x 12
    95lbs x 5
    95lbs x 5
    135lbs x 5
    145lbs x 5
    155lbs x 5
    165lbs x 5
    175lbs x 1*
    175lbs x 1*

*Didn't know why it felt like it was slipping, but then I noticed my wrists were rolling back, causing the weight to slip a bit. Need to strengthen wrists.

Strict Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns-

90lbs x 10
    135lbs x 5
    165lbs x 5
    180lbs x 5
    180lbs x 5
    180lbs x 5
    195lbs x 4.5

Hammer Curls w/ Rotation-

30s x 5
    35s x 5 (+5lbs)
    35s x 5 (+5lbs)
    35s x 5 (+5lbs)
    35s x 5 (+5lbs)

Light Dips-

BW x 5
    BW +10lbs x 5
    BW +10lbs x 5
    BW +10lbs x 5
    BW +10lbs x 5
    BW +10lbs x 5

Overall this session was very good. Disappointed in how weak my wrists are, which is causing me to not go as high as I'm pretty sure I can. I'll have to remedy that somehow. The lat pulldowns were strict and nice and heavy. Only 3 plates until I max out the machine haha. That's sad...The dips were nice and light, but I'm going to keep them light and only increase slowly. I have no intentions of using them as anything or than assistance, as they have a tendency to mess with my tendonitis. Overall pretty happy with today.

BJJ:

Helped teach the kids class. Did 50 armbars from the guard, focusing on keeping things tight and controlled. Worked on sweeps for all of the adults class. Drilled the same butterfly guard sweep the whole time. I feel like I know it pretty good, and I like it alot.

Awesome workout man nice close grips.

Awesome work in the gym and on the Mat bro.. Thats really cool that you are helping to teach the kids class.. Your a real cool dude
    PRs
    bp-295x2, 225x15 squat-405x3
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

All hail mase, the king of homosexual reference. - xian
    Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

Fuzzy Pics 6/07 http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=98659

Quote Originally Posted by lilmase1153
    Awesome work in the gym and on the Mat bro.. Thats really cool that you are helping to teach the kids class.. Your a real cool dude
    You're awesome with it all!!...you master the techniques gradually and also constantly do good work in the gym.
    Last edited by Coke; 01-25-2006 at 05:12 AM.

Nice work Chubs. Do you think the issue with the wrists is just balance and not strength? Would it help if you used some chalk?
    Height - 5'10"

WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

Way to complete those cg reps, even when it was trying to slide away lol. Your bench is coming along, I'm pretty sure it wasn't long ago when you had a good day if you were regular benching that.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Stronglikebull or full of?
    Chub- I never posted on your journal before but reading back through and seeing where you came from to now.I think it may be one of the top threads on this site. Great inspiration my man!!!
    "If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything."

Mark Twain

"The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand."

Vince Lombardi

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...wner=BigOldDad

Nice CGBP bro, but be careful with your wrists rolling back. I've had a near death experience with that kind of ****.
    20 years old
    6' 1"
    Current Weight:175 (10/28/08)
    Clean Bulk

Kevin- Thanks bro. I'm just a bit pissed they were so light.

Mase- Thanks lil Franco.

Coke- Slow and steady wins the race.

Eric- I just think it's wrist strength, as it caused me to rolled my wrists back. I don't think chalk would've helped, but I may try that next time.

Nick- Haha not too long ago. Earlier this year I woulda been lucky to bench 185 prolly for a solid single.

BOD- Thanks man. It's become an addiction haha. Like the journal says, I never plan on stopping. You're more than welcome to stick around.

Bs- Thanks man. Yea my wrists rolled back, but the weight rolled forward haha. Odd huh. Welcome to the journal by the way.

I've got two more classes today (I'm in the lab), and then I'll be on my way to the gym to do Fran and some grip work. Get at ya'll tonight.

you better bitch slap fran and show Atown whats really good
    PRs
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

I've had days every blue moon where my wrists didn't seem to want to support the weight. I'm sure it won't be an issue in the future. Good sessions Chub
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

Mase- Haha at this point in time, I can't do anything to one up A-Town, but I did make gains....

Tim- Yea I'm hoping that's the case. If not, I'll start trying to work on building up some wrist strength.

Sat in class all damn day before going to the gym. Pretty sore from the workout yesterday, especially in my back and shoulders. I really think it affected my Fran time, but no excuses (at least not too many).

Fran:

95lbs Thrusters
    Kipping Pullups

21-21-15-15-9-9 for time

Time- 12:08
    Gains- 1:07 off my last time

Comments:

Wow. This felt like it sucked worse than the last time I did it, though I dropped a good bit of time. The chins were done either with a kip, or lacking a lockout (A-Town style). I started the thrusters off at a casual pace, with a very deep front squat, and soon realized that I had ****ed up. Casual wasn't going to get the job done, and caused me to burn out quickly. I REFUSE to do the WOD as anything other than prescribed, even if that means a ****ty time like today. That's just the way I am. The thrusters were heavy and completely fried my forearms. That really hurt my pullup times. Overall I wanted under 10:00, so I'm mad at my time, but at least I'm going in the right direction. I believe once my forearms get stronger as well as the overhead press, I'll put up a good bit better time. I also think that the workout from yesterday hurt me, as my back was sore as well as my shoulders and triceps (pretty much everything used today).

No reason to complain with 1:07 PR! You'll be under 10 soon.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

Hey man its still a good time, and besides Atown gets a lot more practice than you do at Fran.. Next time you will uber bitch slap Fran right in the face
    PRs
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    Wow, your chin strength destroys mine. Even though you are teh skinny and I do a 301 tempo with full lockout.

Either way, 90 chins and 90 thruster in 12 minutes is impressive and no way most of us here could do that. Good job.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Nothing wrong with that time bro. Thats half my time.

How do you like the kipping pullups as compared to "normal"? I cannot seem to get a good rythm going when i try to kip, any pointers?
    Last edited by ericg; 01-26-2006 at 06:11 AM.
    Height - 5'10"

mase: I've only done Fran 3 times, biatch! :P

cc: it's 45 thrusters/45 chinups total.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310