Page 111 of 285 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 7109

Thread: Won't Stop, Won't Quit, and Won't EVER Give Up!

Mix- Haha thought maybe I'd get a response out of ya with that one. I'll tell ya one thing though. I wasn't as impressed with Tyler as I was with Terry. That boys got skill. Noel really played like a senior. Hell Sanders seemed to be playing pretty good. Didn't do anything spectacular, but played solid defense on a much bigger center.

Workout: Heavy Bench

Wide Grip Bench-

45lbs x 10
    95lbs x 5
    135lbs x 5
    155lbs x 5
    165lbs x 5
    175lbs x 5
    185lbs x 5
    195lbs x 3 (+1 rep)*

*There is no doubt whatsoever in my mind that I could've pushed out another 2 reps, except I smacked the rack on everyone of the reps in that set. I set up on the bench a bit deep and smacked the rack on the first one almost sending it out of my hands. I didn't feel like reracking so I kept trying to bench with it, but continued to grind the rail on the way up. On the 3rd and 4th one I tried to alter my path and had to push away from my chest and then bring the bar back into my regular path. It was very awkward and I couldn't get the 4th up.

Chins-

BW x 10
    BW x 5

This was all. My body couldn't take anymore. The tightness started in my neck and then pain slid to my rotator cuff and then into my elbow. I felt like I couldn't pull at all with my left arm. I went to see my dad and he confirmed my worries. Originally I had thought I was having tendonitis and that that was why my elbow always hurt. Come to find out, I've got a partial tear of my rotator cuff, and that was causing pain to shoot to my elbow. I'm going to take at least a week off from lifting and evaluate from there. I can't stop JJ, so I'll try to tie my arm to me or something, so I don't use the arm much at all. I'm pretty pissed as I was making good gains in pretty much everything. I really think my body could use the rest, and I was planning on taking one over Spring Break, but I hate to do it now because of injury. Oh well. **** it. I'll get better and go back to lifting.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Damn bro, that sucks about the tear. I hope you recovery quickly.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

Sorry about the RC problems bro. Nice bench even with the bad setup. Happy healing.
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

Quote Originally Posted by Chubrock
    Mix- Haha thought maybe I'd get a response out of ya with that one. I'll tell ya one thing though. I wasn't as impressed with Tyler as I was with Terry. That boys got skill. Noel really played like a senior. Hell Sanders seemed to be playing pretty good. Didn't do anything spectacular, but played solid defense on a much bigger center.
    You got me. Terry did play well. I was at the GT game where Hansbrough went nuts, so I guess only scoring 17 is mediocre for him.

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

I hope it is not serious. I am very impressed with the progress you have made. Hopefully this wont slow you down much.
    Move heavy weight, eat, sleep, repeat.
    Geniuses make complicated scenarios simple, morons take simple concepts and complicate them.

Strong benchin man, take good care of those RC's!

It's always helpful to spar against those a little stronger and technically skilled, did fine there - that was a nicely detailed match...sorry to hear about the partial tear, I'd be pissed as well - maybe a short break is in order.

RC problems are horrific.

damn drew I am sorry to hear about this man, I know you need a break but not like this.. Get well soon bro
    PRs
    bp-295x2, 225x15 squat-405x3
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

All hail mase, the king of homosexual reference. - xian
    Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

Fuzzy Pics 6/07 http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=98659

Xian is right, rc problems are teh plague.

What did the doc say about recovery and mobility? No doubt you're going through painful rehab with a tear like that. They say tears never heal, and some strains don't either. Join the "my cuff's ****ed" club my friend.
    "You can take control of my mind and my body, but there is one thing a Saiyan always keeps.... his PRIDE!"- Vegeta

My Exploits

Anthony- Thanks bro. I'll come back soon enough, but I hate taking breaks.

Eric- Thanks man. I was happy with the benching until I set up way too deep and banged the rack over and over.

Mix- I hate you man. I've been a Tarheel fan my whole life and I've only been to two games, one which was against Mt Olive.

Douglas- Man it's good to see you around here again. Thanks man.

Kevin- Thanks man. I'll have to start rehabbing them shortly.

Coke- Thanks man. It makes me mad, but I can't really do anything about it.

Xian- Yea. I've had nagging pain and tightness for awhile, but it really never caused me to lose too much ability to pull. When that happened I knew I had to go get it checked out.

Mase- Thanks bro. I'm gonna come back as soon as possible.

Nick- Dad said that I need to try not to do anything too much at all for the next couple of days and then use some bands to start rehabbing the shoulder. I told him I was going to take a full week off from lifting and he seemed to think that would be fine. He just told me to play it by ear after that and keep a good eye on my shoulder. Hopefully it's a very slight tear and it will heal pretty quickly. Guess I am a member of that club tho Nick haha.

Weekly Weigh In- 177.4lbs. I'm up .6lbs from last week. I've got to be very careful over the next weekend/week, as I don't want to gain any weight over this week. I'll probably throw in some cardio and clean my diet up some more. Hell who am I kidding. I'll just run and eat what I normally do.

First day of my week off from lifting. I hate taking breaks, but my body, and especially my RC need it badly. I biked for 30min at the gym today, just to get some activity in.

Hah, you've already put more of an effort than I am during my time off.

Do some HIIT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chubrock
    First day of my week off from lifting. I hate taking breaks, but my body, and especially my RC need it badly. I biked for 30min at the gym today, just to get some activity in.
    I was going to recommend some bike, treadmill or other cardio type work including elliptical or stairs but you're in full control...good deal man with getting the 1/2 hour of biking in. Hope this whole ordeal subsides swiftly so you can get back to it...this will make you even more hungrier than before with your BJJ endeavors.
    Last edited by Coke; 02-28-2006 at 04:32 AM.

Risk- Haha, I got to. If I don't, I'll grow into a butterball turkey.

Anthony- Gotta figure out some type of HIIT to do. I can't really run too much as I pump my arms pretty hard when I sprint, and I'm worried it may aggravate the shoulder.

Coke- Thanks bro. I hate the breaks, but they're good for the body. I'm ready to come back and break things already haha.

use a bike!

Yea true. You think I should use speed as the high level of intensity, or increase the level really high so that it's hard to pedal?

Do whatever makes it easier for you to transition from easy to sprint. If you have to mess around with the controls and waste 10 seconds in the transition, it's not going to be as fun/painful/effective.

Yea true. I just may leave it on an easy setting and sprint with it and then take it easy instead of ****ing with the levels.

Day three of my week off from lifting. I HATE taking breaks, but if I'm going to stay healthy, I guess I should quit bitching.

Went and did some intervals today at the gym on the bike. Alternated between sprinting on the bike and a slow steady pace. 30 second sprint, 30 sec steady. Did 15 intervals and ended up biking over 4 miles in the 15min. Did some crunches and reverse crunches after that. The intervals felt pretty good, though my quads aren't quite used to the biking.

Proud of you for staying on the move somehow and doing something, and for being cool about the setback.

Nice work chubs. Intervals are fun!
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

Coke- Thanks man.

Eric- Thanks bro, and yea they were pretty fun, other than it taking a bit for my quads to get used to the biking again.

I've decided to switch to a GPP centered workout. I'll be performing either Crossfit, Crossfit inspired, or other GPP workouts on a 5 on 2 off rotation. Tuesday and Thursday will be some GPP on the beach, which should be fun.

Workout: G and W Focus for time

Crossfit Inspired-

Reps: 21-15-9
    Lifts: Pushups, 185lbs Deadlift, Squats
    Goal: Fastest Time Possible

Time: 7:28

Comments- Pretty happy with the time. The deadlifts weren't that bad, other than my grip shutting down. My back is pretty tight now, but it still went pretty good. The pushups and squats were a joke, but I didn't want to add in anything that might tweak my RC. I'm going to ease into adding more Upper Body dominant lifts as the week progresses. Overall this workout went pretty good, and I'm pretty happy with how I performed.

Also did some RC work before and after the GPP. It's feeling pretty good, but I don't want to rush into anything and screw it up.

Good luck Chubs! Heal up quick.