Page 113 of 286 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 7133

Thread: Won't Stop, Won't Quit, and Won't EVER Give Up!

Midget- Thanks man.

Nick- Thanks bro. Just happy to be back to lifting.

Mase- You ought to give it a try. It was fun lol.

Mix- Nope, didn't realize that unless otherwise stated, CF calls for squat cleans. It wasn't until I talked to Anthony a little while ago, that I found that out. Oh well. I ended up doing power hang cleans during the WOD.

You been to the CF Raleigh?

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Nope, haven't been down to Raleigh. It's so far away! And I can do xfit in my backyard!

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

Awesome score bro. Keep up the good work.
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

Mix- I hear ya Nash. I'll have to come up there sometime.

Eric- Thanks bro.

Felt absolutely horrible before and during my session. My head was about to explode and made the session hard to focus on. Almost didn't lift but decided to anyhow.

Workout: W

Max Deads-

Goal: Max on DLs

Weights:

135 x 3
    135 x 3
    185 x 2
    225 x 1
    275 x 1
    315 x 1
    365 x 1

That was all. The 365 broke down bad. Back rounded and form fell apart, but I didn't hitch. I just couldn't focus because my head was hurting so bad. I don't know why I got such an intense headache, but it really ****ed me up mentally. Oh well.

It takes fortitude to follow through the way you did with your head throbbing that way...deads not bad bro.

Nice work bro. Deads with a bad headache is hardcore!! haha. One Alieve works pretty good when/if I get a bad one.
    Height - 5'10"

WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

Coke- Thanks man. I was just looking to put up a new max, but that'll have to wait.

Eric- Haha thanks bro. I wish I had something to take, but since I was at school all day, I had nothing.

Today's workout was a good bit different than usual. Went to the beach, but didn't have my sledgehammer or anything to take with me, so I did a bit of a different workout than what I had hoped to do.

Workout: M and G

GPP:

1400 meter run
    25 pushups
    25 squats

Goal: 4 Rounds

Comments-

Ended up running from pier to pier along Wrightsville Beach. Stopped at the halfway point and did the 25/25 of pu/squats, then did them at halfway, 3/4 and finish points. Didn't realize the run was that damn long. Ended up being quite a good bit of running, right at 3.5 miles. Don't have a time on it, as my stopwatch is dead. Pushed myself pretty good. Felt like puking one time after I finished a round of pushups and such. Felt pretty good, though it was a lot more running than I originally thought. We had some pretty good gusts coming right in at us on the first half, which made it pretty rough, plus running along the surf line was fun.

Super rounds along the beach, nice spontaneous runs without the stopwatch - great intensity!!

Nice work man, way to push yourself!
    Height - 5'10"

Coke- Thanks man. It was a lot tougher than I had thought it would be.

Eric- Thanks bro.

Felt MUCH better in the gym today. Decided to do some CF inspired that was geared a bit more towards my BJJ.

Workout: MGW

Crossfit Inspired-

10 situps
    8 (4L/4R) Upa Bridge DB Press w/ Hip Escape (dbs totaling 1/2bw)
    6 (3L/3R) 1 Arm 45lbs DB Swings

Goal: As many rounds in 20minutes as possible.

Score: 14 rounds

Comments-

Not bad overall. Didn't want to do TOO much that involved my RC, so I kept the reps low on those. Pushed myself pretty good, though if my RC was healthy I think I could put up a much bigger number. Really got me sweating.

Also did:

50 Half Burpees
    Farmers Walk 45lbs DBs- 2 x 75 yards

Good day in the gym.
    Last edited by Chubrock; 03-16-2006 at 07:47 AM.

Nice work, i think!! What is "Upa Bridge DB Press w/ Hip Escape"?
    Height - 5'10"

Can't nobody hang with this type $hit, especially since you tailored it to suit your needs - fine conditioning work!!
    Last edited by Coke; 03-16-2006 at 09:16 AM.

**** hindu squats!! Don't do them!!! Otherwise, things look good!
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

Eric- Haha thanks man. I'll explain it down at the bottom.

Coke- Thanks for the continued support man. It's really appreciated.

Anthony- I'm sure I'll ask you this on the net, but why no Hindu Squats?

Eric-

A Upa Bridge w/ Hip Escape goes like this. You sit in a situp positio with your feet flat on the ground and you hold the dbs like you would a normal press. Now, instead of keeping your hips on the floor, you pick them up and hold them up in the air. Now, as you push with your right arm, you twist your hips slightly and push them out to the right, under the arm you're pressing with. It mimics a motion we use in BJJ to create space between you and your opponent.

From CF:

We get regular email asking about Hindu squats. On the plus side they are easy to learn; people who can’t squat, Hindu squat. On the whole, however, the Hindu squat represents a weak/inferior motor recruitment pattern with these faults among others:

1. Blunts development of posterior chain – when the heels lift, glutes and hams fade
    2. Unnecessarily shifts center of balance
    3. Reduces stability as center of mass is lowered
    4. Creates a potentially damaging shear force on the knee
    5. Dead-end movement - not a progression for any other movement
    6. Incapable of moving large loads
    7. ******s learning to squat, deadlift, push-press, clean, jerk, snatch…

And yes I realize "******s" has been blocked by the swear filter.

BJJ:

Had a very good day overall. We had a self defense demo for about 400 kids around lunch time, so that turned out to be quite fun. Of course they loved the throws and pretty much anything that had me getting thrown around haha. Both classes today went very good as well. Kids class focus on upa, leg escape, and then they added some resistance into it. Went pretty good. Adults class focused on the harness and some chokes from there, and then we grappled some. I grappled quite a bit, and got a pretty damn good workout going. I'm exhausted right now, and my RC aches a little bit, but it was a great day overall.

Appears you should forego hindu squats but what does Anthony know?, lol - ...really back to it, happy for you bro.
    Last edited by Coke; 03-17-2006 at 06:25 AM.

Coke- Haha yea. Me and Anthony talked and it seems like I was doing Half Burpees instead of a true Hindu Squat.

Weekly Weigh In- 173.2. Down 2.8lbs from last weigh in. Didn't really want to come down anywhere near this much, but it's ok. I'll start throwing down a good bit more food.

Took today off. Grappled hard last night and tweaked my shoulder a bit. Feels ok now, but don't want to push it.

Classes weren't near as bad today, but I guess that's because we didn't have half of em haha. Hit the gym right after my Econ exam. Felt fine in the gym, though I didn't drink near as much water as I should have.

Workout: GW

Crossfit Inspired-

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 of:

185lbs DL
    Vertical Leap
    Pushups

Goal: Fast as Possible

Time: 10:32

Also did 3 sets of 5 close grip chins. Wanted to see how my RC felt.

Comments-

Don't know whether or not to be disappointed by my time. I pushed myself pretty good. I think the jumps really slowed me down, just because I'd jump, and then have to reset my feet before I jumped again. I should've done something harder for my upper body, but wasn't going to push my RC with chins. I probably should've upped the reps for the PUs, but oh well. I will next time. Overall, the DLs felt good, though I did feel my abs tighten as though I was going to puke. Never gagged or anything though. Chins felt decent. I won't be doing anything but VERY strict chins for awhile. If I can't get the rep easily, I'm not going to bother with it, as I don't want to risk anything. Overall not a bad session.

Stayed up until about 2 last night, having my roommate try and teach me to play guitar. I'm tired as hell, and it's raining, so now Beach GPP today. I'll have to do something at the gym I suppose. My RCs and entire Rear Delt area are fairly sore from the chins last night, as it was the first time I've attempted any in over a month. There isn't sharp pain or anything, just the usual muscle soreness.

Good to see you doing direct work centered around the delt area where you've had trouble, nice try with the guitar as well bro - that will surely be a nice change of pace for you, something more art oriented and creative.
    Last edited by Coke; 03-21-2006 at 08:38 AM.

Watch the RC bro, let it heal before you screw it up! The 10-9-8-etc looks fun. Did you set a target for the vertical leap?

Coke- Thanks man. I've always wanted to learn to play, but never actually got around to it.

Anthony- Haha yea, I just wanted to do those chins to gauge where I was at. I don't plan on doing them often, just trying to monitor progress. The vertical leap was done with no target. I just tried to jump as high as I could on each one. I suppose that's why the time was down, as I'd reset my feet and then get a good jump, and then reset again, etc etc.

Workout: MGW

Went and shot basketball and then came back to the apartment to do the quick workout before going to BJJ.

GPP:

10 Pushups
    10 Situps
    10 Squats

Goal: As many rounds as possible in 10 minutes.

Score: 11 rounds and 6 PUs

Comments-

Not too bad of a performance. Didn't want to do much weights related because my shoulders were a bit tight. Just wanted to get a small workout in. Felt pretty good. Avg. a bit under 2 seconds a rep. Nothing fancy.

BJJ:

Felt pretty good today. Worked a lot on guillotine (sp?) chokes, as well as some Anaconda chokes. Grappled a small bit and then played catch. Pretty good day today.

Nice the way you stayed mobile and athletic during your whole ordeal...back into a good groove with everything, even playing some ball now. You really love the fight game man, doing all kinds of chokes and what not - ouch!!
    Last edited by Coke; 03-22-2006 at 05:33 AM.