Page 116 of 285 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 7117

Thread: Won't Stop, Won't Quit, and Won't EVER Give Up!

Nice work bro, sounds like things are going to click this week!
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

Sounds like your game is coming along nicely bro.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

Eric- Thanks man. I've just been really pumped up to train all week.

Midget- Thanks bro. I feel like I've hit a plateau, so it was nice to hear the guy comment on how hard it was for him to beat me.

Had an ECON exam today, but stayed pumped up and hit the gym right after that. Didn't take my caffeine until I was on the way to the gym, so I didn't ever really get the spike I was looking for.

Workout: Squats and MW

Box Squats (right below hamstring parallel)-

135lbs x 5
    135lbs x 5
    135lbs x 5
    185lbs x 4
    205lbs x 3
    225lbs x 2
    245lbs x 1

Deep Oly Squats-

135lbs x 5
    135lbs x 5

Crossfit/KB Inspired: MW

21-15-9 of-

2 Arm DB Swings (1/2 BW total DBs)
    DB Press (1/2 BW total DBs)
    Hanging Power Cleans (1/2 BW)

Time: 10:37

Comments-

First time I've squatted in quite awhile. The first sets of 135lbs felt so heavy. Almost decided to do a 5x5 with that, but then my body started to get in a groove. The weight was much lower than I squatted in the past, but oh well. My right knee hurts fairly bad when going deep, which I think held me back mentally a bit. I also think I could've got 255 or 265 for the box squats. I usually squat PL style, instead of with an OLY stance, but because of my knee, I couldn't handle the torgue of a wider, toes out stance. The GPP for today was a lot tougher than I thought. Pukie almost came to visit. The worst part of it was my grip and into my forearms. The last set of Hanging Power Cleans was rough, as I really couldn't close my hands enough to get a solid grip. The 2 arm swings were also pretty tough. My form broke down on them, as I found trying to sit back was pretty rough with 90lbs swinging between my legs. Overall a good session again today. Very happy.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Very good work Chubs. The squatting looks great and I like the CF workout you came up with.

How do you like the DB swings?
    Height - 5'10"

WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

Nice job on the squats especially after not doing them recently...special props on your development in the fight game.
    Last edited by Coke; 04-13-2006 at 06:13 AM.

Eric- Thanks man. I really like 1 Arm DB or KB swings, and had only done 2 DBs once in the past. Found it was a good bit harder to maintain good posture with the extra 45lbs swinging between my legs. I really like how the movement works on my explosiveness, and heart rate.

Coke- Thanks big guy. I'm working at it. The last week or two has been slow as everything seemed to fall in my lap at once, but this week has felt MUCh better.

nice squats bro, they will help on the speed ball field, you play front?
    2000 or bust

Stump- Did play front for awhile, but now I play a corner for 5man CFOA and a mid position for our 7 man EXP team.

Didn't do any CF today. I'm following a loose schedule now that has me training anywhere from 4 to 6 days a week, depending on when I schedule my GPP in conjunction with BJJ.

BJJ:

Did striking in both classes today. Did A LOT of jab/jab right straight combinations. Also did quite a bit of knees and muay thai kicks. Really enjoyed using the Thai clinch to deliver knees and then elbows when the opponent trys to pull out of the clinch. Great class overall, though my hips are sore from all the kicks.

Weekly Weigh In: 170.6lbs. Didn't get a good reading from last week, so I'll have to wait until next Friday before I find out how much I need to adjust my diet.

Went to the gym today to get in my last workout of the week.

Workout: Rack Pulls and MGW

Rack Pulls (1.5in above knee cap)-

135lbs x 5
    185lbs x 5
    225lbs x 3
    275lbs x 3
    315lbs x 1
    365lbs x 1
    405 x miss
    405 x miss

Crossfit/KB Inspired-

10 (5L/5R) One arm 45lbs DB swings
    10 pushups
    10 squats

Goal: 10 Rounds for time

Time: 10:35

Comments:

Not a bad session today in the gym. I didn't bring any of my chalk home so it really ****ed with my Rack Pulls. I haven't DL'd without chalk in soooo long, so the rack pulls really suffered. I felt I def. had the back strength to pull 405 and possibly 3xBW from the rack, but I just don't have the grip strength to hold onto the bar. That being said, my grip strength has come a long way over the last several months. Before, I don't think I could have held 315 at all, so I've made some good gains in the grip department. The GPP for today went pretty well. It REALLY toasted my quads, as both the swings and squats really worked on me. The pushups were easy for all 10 sets, though I didn't imagine they'd be rough at all. Good workout for the day.

Nice work in the gym and on the mat bro. What are your plans diet wise? Goals BF% and weight wise?
    Height - 5'10"

Thanks man. My diet is pretty much the CF diet; good amount of meat, most carbs coming from vegetables and not bread or pasta or anything like that, fruit, and a lot of good fats, mostly peanuts. I have no goals persay for BF or weight. I'll cut until I feel myself losing too much strength (not necessarily just gym strength, but mat strength as well), or I no longer like how I'm looking in the mirror. As it stands now I don't believe I'll see very defined abs, as I think I still have a slight amount of loose skin hanging over my abdominal area, but we'll see. Over the last two weeks, my forearms have REALLY started to become more vascular (for me anyhow), and also I'm starting to see some veins in my shoulder area, though they're still under the skin so to speak.

Good deal bro. Sound sbasically what I am doing, well, when I follow my "plan".
    Height - 5'10"

Yea I here ya man. Both of us need to focus on keeping to our plans lol.

Sat in class all day. Was def. ready to get in the gym and lift a bit.

Workout: W

GPP-

*Rotator Cuff Work*

Flat DB Press(Slow):

45s x 10
    45s x 5
    60s x 5
    60s x 5
    60s x 5
    60s x 5
    60s x 5

One Arm DB Row (Long Pause at the Top):

30s x 5/5
    45s x 5/5
    50s x 5/5

DLs:

135lbs x 5
    185lbs x 3
    225lbs x 2
    235lbs x 2
    245lbs x 2
    255lbs x 2
    275lbs x 2
    305lbs x 2

Sumo DLs:

135lbs x 5

SLDLs:

135lbs x 5
    135lbs x 5

Hammer Curls:

30s x 5
    30s x 5

Overall a good day in the gym. Slowly easing my way up on the DB Press. Don't want to rush anything with the shoulder. Also decided to head on up in the deads. The doubles still felt like, and came up easy. May think about hitting some heavy doubles next week, but we'll just have to see. Tried sumo for the hell of it, and couldn't tell if I liked it. The SLDLs were thrown in there for ****s and giggles. Overall a good session, and one I looked forward to.

Solid workout man, give heavy sumo's a shot you might like em more than conv.

Looking good bro. The workout. Not you.

Nice and strong work in at the gym, one day the shoulder will be completely clear...sounding recharged in a way dude.

Kev- I might have to do that, though I really like conventional.

Ant- Thanks bitch.

Coke- Thanks man.

Workout: MW

3 Rounds of Time-

1/3 mile run
    50 squats
    25 pushups

Time: 14:34

Really pissed at this time. Def. thought I'd blow this away, but apparently my squats have gone downhill. Granted I haven't been doing them quite as much, but oh well. Haven't ran in awhile, and found my heart felt awesome, the only limiting factor being the squats making my legs heavy for the run.

BJJ:

Did some striking in class today. Worked a lot on the initial punch thrown in a fight. Also did some knees and **** from the clinch. Rolled at the end. Did pretty good, though I lost both times. Overall a great class, and my body is shot to hell.

I really like the way you broke down the UFC-59 fight that took place this past weekend in the general thread, I could not have had a better seat, lol -

How long does it take you to run a mile? Was this outside or on a treadmill?

Glad to see the RC is feeling good enough to bench again! Nice workouts bro.
    Height - 5'10"

Coke- Hahaha thanks man. Figured I'd share the wealth.

Anthony- Before ever doing Crossfit this year, I ran a 6:45 mile on an indoor track in my Chuck Taylors. I estimate now that I could break a 6:15 if I pushed hard. As for the WOD yesterday, I ran outside cross country style (down a dirt road, through a horse pasture etc etc).

Eric- Thanks man. I'm not coming back 100% but I'm getting there slowly.

Word, homey. Workouts B toyt. Toyt loyk a toygah.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Haha oh hell, what has Mitch started.

My body is pretty beat up after the last couple of days of grappling and working out. Decided to take this WOD slower.

Workout: WMG

3 Rounds of:

135lbs DL x 10
    35lbs DBs Push Press x 10
    35lbs DBs 2 Arm Swings x 10
    Chinups x 10

Comments:

Like I said, I took it pretty easy today. My body is just tired and sore. I still went at a fairly good pace today, but didn't really push it. Surprised at how much this one worked on my grip.
    Last edited by Chubrock; 04-19-2006 at 08:43 PM.

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    3 rounds of what?
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Edited it so you could see.