Page 15 of 285 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Won't Stop, Won't Quit, and Won't EVER Give Up!

I wannabebig!
    eat!

Good leg and tricep work man.

Ryuage- HAHA, yea I guess it was a quote of mine for a reason.

CoCoa- Thanks man.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

*runs to the Quiznos and buys all of their inventory*

*FedExes it to Chub with a sticky reminding him to eat every two hours pasted on the package*

heheh

Stash
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

AHAHA Soba, nice! Honestly though, I don't think I've ever eaten at Quiznos, and I'm usually pretty good at eating on a regular basis, but as shown below, today was an odd day so to speak.

Food:

Meal 1- Cereal, Milk

Meal 2- Chicken Biscuit

Meal 3- Little bit of Pasta, Ravioli and Chicken and Mushrooms

Meal 4- Bison Burger, Fries

Meal 5- Chicken Supremes, Fries, Biscuit, OJ

As shown, my diet sucked today, but it's not a big thing. If I took away all the fries, it wouldn't have been so bad. Oh well, I enjoyed it ALL.

No Workout Today.

Got some changes coming my way. I've gone away from the idea of gettin' "big." My concern now, is centered around gaining strength and muscle endurance. I find these qualities much more important than size. I've currently got a new thread up in "Bodybuilding/Fitness" and I'm also researching workouts based around these two concepts. I'll still continue to eat, but because putting on a lot of weight isn't that important to me, I won't worry so much if I don't get a lot of calories in here or there.

I've been looking at different things, and I've decided that if I do indeed join the Military out of college, I will join the Air Force. I hope to either work my way into the Pipeline and either become a Air Force PJ or CCT. Because of this, I'm adding some new things. Along with my workout, I'll begin doing pushups three days a week, and I am going to start swimming everyday once I get to college. My running schedule will be as follows: 3 days a week, I will have a timed 1.5 miles run, and two days a week I will have a extended stamina run, starting out at only 3 miles. My goal by the end of the first year of college, is to get my 1.5 mile run time under 9:00 min. and to also extend my stamina run to 5 miles. My pullup routine will stay consistent with my back/shoulder workout, but I hope to be able to do 20 chinups by the end of my first year of college. Right now that's about all I can think of off the top of my head.

Quote of the Day: "Yeaaa....it's hot out here."

air force huh.... tuttut

nah jk. Those are some solid goals. Especially the running. good luck with all the new plans
    Beer helped slow down my metabolism.... -ozzyman

HAHA BigNic. Just remember, if ya Navy ass crashes in a plane, you gonna need a good ole AF PJ to come pull ya outta danger.

I wannabebig!
    what kind of endurance you looking into... lifting wise or running/pushups/situps? it's kind of hard to find a balance but is possible.

I guess when I said endurance, I was mainly talking about getting my muscles used to pushing a load for a longer amount of time. For example, squatting 135lbs x 10 seems to require more muscle endurance than squatting 185lbs x 6. It may be all strength related, and I could be completely wrong. On the topic of running/pushups/situps endurance, those will def. have to be worked on. I'll def. have to develop a good amount of endurance when it comes to those specific areas. When it comes to lifting, I guess maybe "endurance" wasn't such a great word to use, but I do know that I'm concerned mainly with building my strength, and not so worried about putting on size.

Food:

Meal 1- Oatmeal

Meal 2- Nutri Grain Bar, Milk

Meal 3- Spicy Chicken Sandwich

Meal 4- Steak, Mashed Potatos, Corn

Meal 5- Small piece of Steak, Mashed Potatos

Meal 6- PB/Marshmello Sandwich, Milk

Meal 7- Turkey Flat Bread Sandwich

I ate a lot of food today. Oh well, I'll def. be working it off in the days to come.

No Workout

I have a Back/Shoulder Workout tommorow in which I'll be implementing the new rep range. I'll be working in the 15 rep range for most exercises and the 12 rep range on some others.

Played some tennis, and got my ass whooped. Felt GREAT!

Quote of the Day: "There's somethin' women like about a sharp dressed man."

Sounds like some well thought out goals. Good luck man.
    My journal

-As President of the loyal order of Curl Jockeys I hearby proclaim you top Curl Jockey. -ectx

Thank ya JustinF.

Weekly Weigh In 165.5lbs. Up 3lbs from last week. Doesn't really appear to be any added fat, but maybe so.

Food:

Meal 1- Oatmeal

Meal 2- PB/Marshmellow Sandwich, Milk

Meal 3- Hamburger Steak, Butterbeans, Corn, Mashed Potatos, Biscuit

Meal 4- Turkey Breast, Baked Beans

Meal 5- Balance Bar, Milk, maybe another snack before bed

Workout- Back and Shoulders

Pullups (Palms In)-
    BW + 2.5lbs x 1
    BW + 2.5lbs x 2
    BW + 2.5lbs x 3
    BW + 2.5lbs x 4
    BW + 2.5lbs x 5
    BW + 2.5lbs x 6
    BW + 2.5lbs x 7
    BW + 2.5lbs x 6
    BW + 2.5lbs x 5
    BW + 2.5lbs x 4
    BW + 2.5lbs x 3
    BW + 2.5lbs x 2
    BW + 2.5lbs x 1

Decided to change my routine, so now I will be doing two pullup pyramids a week. Each day will be a different grip.

30 Degree Lat Pulldowns-
    130lbs x 6
    120lbs x 15
    120lbs x 15
    120lbs x 15

Got a little ambitious and thought I could get 130 up for 15. HAHA, I was badly mistaken.

HS Iso Lateral Lat Row (weight each side)-
    2 Plates x 12
    2 Plates x 12
    2 Plates x 12

Machine Shrugs-
    Stack x 15
    Stack x 15
    Stack x 15

Overhead Dumbell Press-
    40s x 15
    40s x 15
    40s x 15

HS Iso Lateral Shoulder Press (weight each side)-
    Plate x 12
    Plate x 12
    Plate x 12

Ran my timed 1.5 mile today. Finished in 11:44. Not a bad time at all I think.

After this workout I was EXHAUSTED. The pullup pyramid had me tired by the time I finished it, and with all those reps, I really had to dig down on some of the lifts. Overall, I LOVE IT!!!! Gotta start doing this a lot.

Well I didn't get to rest, because right after I left I got something to eat, and then went and moved furniture. Later this evening I played tennis for 2.25hrs. Overall I'm really tired as I type this out.

Quote of the Day: "The light you lead, is only a shadow now, but it's bright enough, for me to lead you out."

I've got some great shoulder DOMS, and my backs fairly stiff right now. It's great!! I've still gotta run today, and I'm also going to be lifting at 1:30 today. I'll post everything up when I return tonight.

Pretty good back and shoulder session...you ought to be wiped out after all that - props on the tennis efforts.

Thanks CoCoa. Yea I was pretty tired yesterday, by the time I get lay around and relax. Just gotta keep at it, and eventually my body will get used to it.

Stash

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

Ahh yes Soba, thanks man!!!

Food:

Meal 1- Nitrean, Milk, Oatmeal

Meal 2- Spaghetti, Garlic Bread, Salad

Meal 3- Spicy Chicken Sandwich

Meal 4- Turkey Sandwich, Fat Free Chips

Meal 5- Spaghetti, OJ

Meal 6- Balance Bar, Milk

Workout- Chest and Biceps

Dumbell Press-
    50s x 15
    50s x 15
    50s x 15

Benchpress-
    115lbs x 12
    125lbs x 12
    125lbs x 11.5

Brought the bar to far up my chest and couldn't get it back to lockout.

Dips-
    BW x 10
    BW x 10
    BW x 10

Hammer Strength Wide Chest Press (Combined weight)-
    90lbs x 12
    90lbs x 12
    90lbs x 12

Incline Bicep Curls-
    30s x 12 (+2 reps)
    30s x 12 (+2 reps)
    30s x 12 (+2 reps)

Ran another 1.5 mile for time. Finished in 11:42, which is two seconds faster than yesterday, though I thought my pace was a bit quicker. Overall a good and tiring workout. I noticed that by the time I get to some of the later lifts, my body already seems tired. I like this type of workout.

Quote of the Day: "You'll be sorry that ya messed with, the US of A...cuz we'll put a boot in your ass, it's the American way!!!"

You sure are putting yourself to the test bro - Nice work!

Thanks CoCoa. I've realized that for awhile I'm going to seem tired, but once I my body adapts, this should just make me stronger and tougher all around.

On another note, I think my back and shoulders are coming along quite nicely. I bought a shirt the other day, and the first thing that my mom and sister said was "Wow, that shirt makes your shoulders look so broad." I was like HOT DAMN! I've noticed in the gym that during my lifts of course my arms look defined, but my shoulders just seem to explode out. I love it!

I wannabebig!
    everything looks like it is coming along nicely chub, keep running you'll get to your goal before you know it can't wait to bulk again, my wallet can though.

awesome tr quote and good work

Ryuage- Thanks man. Yea everything seems to be coming along fairly nicely. I'm supposed to go run with the soccer team this evening so we'll see how the weather holds up. My short term goal is to get my mile and a half time down to 10:30 by Christmas. I think I can get there.

BigNic- Thanks man, and yeah I like the quote too. One of my favorites is the one in my signature.

Food:

Meal 1- Milk, Cereal

Meal 2- Spicy Chicken Sandwich

Meal 3- Chicken Supremes, Mashed Potatos, Biscuit

Meal 4- Spaghetti, OJ

Meal 5- Balance Bar, Milk

No Workout today.

Went and ran with the soccer team tonight. It started raining so we only got to run a Nightmare. A Nightmare is basically a suicide of the soccer field. You go to the 6yrd line and back, 18 and back, midfield and back, other 18 and back, other 6 and back, and the length of the field and back. It ends up being 700yrds or .4 miles. My time was 2:40 which is a 6:40 second pace. The record on the suicide is something like 2:28 and I'm confident that I can break it. I'm going to try to set a new record when I go to their next practice.

After I left the soccer practice, I went and did my stamina run or 3 miles. I'm not going to time these all the time, but I happened to look at my watch before and after I finished. I ended up with a low to mid 24minute time, which averages out to be a little over an eight minute sustained mile. Overall not bad, but I want to get that down to a solid 21:00mins or under.

Lifting weights seems to be paying off with regards to female attraction. I ran my 3 miles through town, and I ran with my shirt off and there were quite a few girls who waved, a couple that would whistle at me when I ran past, and one car load of girls circled the block a couple of times and kept yelling at me every time they'd see me. I'll take it HAHA.

Quote of the Day: "I had something better, I'd tear it down and tape it up, by my own design I'd fall apart"

on the session and the pimpage.

Stash

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

nice pimping bro